Psy

Review The Last Thing You Watched

Godzilla (2014) sucked.

The previews looked amazing, that's too bad. I'm watching it anyway, however

I thought rotten tomatoes had it in the high 70s

Have I told you guys about Fargo?

Somebody please watch it so I have somebody to talk about it with.

I also watch it. Its good. But, i dont feel there is much to talk about.

Oblivion.

This is actually a fairly good movie. Pretty predictable and it has fucking tom cruise in the lead role. But despite both of these things its not a bad movie. Some really cool post apocalyptic scenery. And some pretty cool futuristic gadgets too. Story is, as I said, predictable but engaging enough to hold your interest. A couple of minor twists that you will probably see coming. But over all not bad. I watched it to the end despite tom fucking cruise.

• Like 1

Has anybody watched The Originals? My friend recommended it to me, and I'm normally quite skeptical in his judgement of TV/movies, but I'll give it a go regardless.

Isn't that yet another angsty teenager vampires thing?

Last night I watched Mr. Nobody (2009). It's now one of my favorite movies. You need to pay attention to EVERYTHING as it is extremely confusing. Go watch it

The Raid 2

I love a good foreign action flick and I adored the first one...but some of the fight scenes in this whew! There is so much blood. Love blood.

A taster. No blood but some nice baseball bat action.

Must watch for action fans.

Just finished the Blue Mountain State series. The show was suggested to me on Netflix for a while but never watched it, one day I decided to see what it's like but didn't expect much, from the first episode I was hooked. This is possibly one of the funniest shows to ever air on television. All three seasons were great, and I'd definitely recommend anyone who loves Football to watch it. They're also currently in production for a movie.

Any fellow Brits watch Partridge? Just watched the film...Well, what can you say about Alan.

Spice world!

A new show launched this week on the CBC, called Schitt'$ Creek.

Premise: A previously filthy-rich family has lost all their wealth; their house and everything they couldn't carry has been repossessed. The sole asset they have remaining is a small town with a funny name, purchased by the father as a joke birthday present...and so they move to Schitt's Creek (natch).

It stars Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara as Johnny and Moira Rose. Eugene's real-life son Daniel Levy stars as their son David Rose; newcomer Annie Murphy is daughter Alexis Rose. You'll recognize Chris Elliott from Letterman and various other comedies as Roland Schitt, mayor of Schitt's Creek. Honourable mention goes to Emily Hampshire's motel girl, Stevie.

The show is brilliant. The understated humour made me laugh right out loud at times - they do a great job of showing the absurd differences between obscenely rich and regular people, without wasting time on needless exposition - and there was no shortage of cringe-worthy moments thanks to Chris Elliott's creepy mayor.

It's natural to wonder if there are any similarities to Christopher Guest films (Eugene and Catherine have starred in four of his films), but it's not really the same - Guest's films use the highly talented ensemble's improv skills, whereas this is a tightly-scripted, one-camera comedy that reminds me more of theatre. It's got smart snappy dialogue, and shows you the humour instead of spoon-feeding it to you (or bashing you in the face with it). Levy father and son share duties as co-creators and executive producers of the show; so it's truly a family creation.

The first two half-hour episodes are available below; the show has already been renewed for a second season. I really liked it, plan to watch it - check it out if it looks like your cuppa tea. :)

http://www.cbc.ca/schittscreek/episodes/

I watched the imitation game last night, was OK but the way it shifted time was a distraction add it was odd at places

Kingsman

Overall, a pretty cool film. It was what I expected. Plenty of crazy fight scenes that were slowed down or sped up, a few "hold your breath OMG" moments, and a scene in particular where I had to cover my eyes. Very cool moments, expensive fashion, and high tech gadgets. Oh, and Samuel L. Jackson dressed up as a teenager the entire film. The very end of the movie ends with zooming in on a girls asshole.

• Like 1

Furious 7

Was really hoping this movie wouldnt be terrible, but it all around sucked. Cars arent even the main focus in this franchise anymore, which you figure out after three. The good - it breifly touched back into two, cause dom goes to tokyo and meets with the people in that movie and alot of stuff from one was brought up. But the only great part was the end, where an amazing tribute was payed to Paul. Thats all..

Im rewatching samurai champloo right now because it is fucking amazing. Even if you dont watch anime i suggest you watch it. But seriously, does anyone here watch anime besides me?