Psy

Review The Last Thing You Watched

Baytown Outlaws

movies_the_baytown_outlaws.jpg

Watched this movie last night and I didn't have high hopes going in because it wasn't really promoted. But I have to say after watching it, you really grow fond of the cast and dialogue. The action sequences were shot brilliantly as well. The story was kind of all over the place but overall I give it an 8/10

Highly recommended for fans of the Grindhouse genre

@massacre - you should check out lawless... she looks extra good in that movie... plus, it's actually a pretty good movie...

------

seven psychopaths... after hearing everyone tell me i should check it out, i finally did... and i wasn't really impressed at all... walken and ferrell had their moments... but the dialog was never there for me... the quentin tarintino thing only works if he's the one doing it... overall it was entertaining, but not nearly as good as people made it out to be...

Samsara, a Koyaanisqatsi for this decade. Beautiful scenery, awe-inspiring footage and photographs, and a touch of humanity that will make you feel at once insignificant, evil, and omnipotent. See it if you've got the time. I'm sure it would be better under the influence of some hallucinogen. Great film, 10/10.

@massacre - you should check out lawless... she looks extra good in that movie... plus, it's actually a pretty good movie...

Just watched Lawless, it's fantastic. Tom Hardy, Guy Pearce, Jessica Chastain, Shia Leboeuf, plus Gary Oldman. Based on a true story about three brothers during prohibition. Beautifully shot, the acting is understated and top notch, and great attention to detail in the production design of the 30's. Good story, I'm going to look for the book now. Some brutal, bloody scenes, and if you like redheads (*cough* Massacre), we get to see Chastain's charms in all their glory.

Great acting and gorgeous photography, and an interesting side of the prohibition/depression era.

9/10

• Like 1

Decline of Western Civilization Part II: The Metal Years

A great documentary shot from 88-89, mostly in LA. Amazing interviews with a semi-coherent Ozzy Osbourne, Bret Michaels with hair, a fully clothed and insanely drunk Chris Holmes lounging in his pool, 10s of wanna be rock stars. Get a good feel of what metal was before Pantera. 9/10

zero dark thirty - i think i liked argo better... the pacing seemed off, but when you try to fit 10 years into 2 hours it's understandable... the intensity wasn't there, and the ending wasn't an edge of your seat thing like argo was... we all know what allegedly happened, it was an in and out operation, only minimal resistance... in argo you almost didn't think they were gonna escape if you didn't already know the story... the drama wasn't there like it was in argo...

django unchained - pretty good, classic tarintino right down to the end... all of his films have that spaghetti western feel to it, and it really shines when in it's proper setting... all characters were memorable, quotable, and a pleasure to watch... i thought the best character was gonna be leonardo for me until i met the house honky sam jackson :lol:... good stuff, i think he needs to continue making movies, he talks about giving it up and he really shouldn't... he's too good to not keep going...

Just watched Django Unchained too. Enjoyed every second of it. They love what they do and it shows.

I also thoroughly enjoyed Django Unchained. And I got a favorite new song -- Who Did That To You

Its killer.

My favorite scene from the movie is the bar scene early in the movie. Epicness.

Even the part when the guy gets ripped apart by dogs?

You're sick, gtagrl :watchit:

I think that scene served to develop the germans character, he wasnt just using Django, felt compassion for every race, ect. It also showed how determined Django was to get his girl back....

Very important scene imo. I personally think Django made the wrong choice but the slave made his choice and chose to run i guess...

• Like 1

I know, Fact, and I agree. Very good movie. What I loved most about it was how old-school it felt. It's a 2013 movie that feels like it's from the early fifties. I felt like watching The Good The Bad and The Ugly shortly afterwards.

The spoof movie genre is dying..... quickly

i never even knew it was alive... all of the spoof movies have sucked balls, including the first couple of scary movies...

I guess I thought they were more funny when I was 9-11 years old. But there was still classic ones like Airplane and Naked Gun. After that it went downhill.

Spoof movies are only funny if you've seen the movies they're spoofing. Naked Gun, Top Secret!, et al are in a class all by themselves. Frankly, seeing the commercials showing Charlie Sheen and Lindsay Lohan in bed together should be enough to know it's not worth the money or time spent watching it. -_-

I thought superhero movie was quite funny because I'm a spider man fan

Date Movie, Disaster Movie, and the Scary Movies never appealed to me.

Leslie Nielsen saved Scary Movie 3 and 4 from utter failure.