Cops and crooks from Gta 4 needs to make a comeback. That was a great game mode! May need to be tweaked slightly. For instance instead of the crooks getting to a vehicle just a simple evade could be better? And maybe something like search and destroy from call of duty. One team plays a security team and the other a gang. And the gang has to destroy a vehicle of some documents? And the security team has to defend it. That would be a lot of fun. Instead of playing games like bomb the base repetedly.

Yeah, I know what you mean, it's a great idea, though I think Cops n' Crooks needs a storyline to it...for instance, instead of just having to escape the cops, start off with something like...

The cops are freeroaming about when suddenlya bank robbery is reported on the dispatch...being the crooks will be a real task where you need use your imagination to get out e:g you could escape similar to the Three Leaf Clover mission in IV and the cops will need to be creative in stopping you.

Taking a page outta Belfast's book and adding bomb scares would be fun :L

With a Fucking Huge Ass map, it shouldn't be too hard to render at least 32 people on a console, right?

Maybe, if it could render that many people they might have to dumb down the game just to get it to run on the Xbox 360/PS3, unlike the PC version.

Yup. Just take down the draw distance. But I don't want to sacrifice that just so I could deal with more cock-knockers.

What I really want, is co-op missions like in IV, and free roam with minigames (pool, darts, golf etc.) and missions around the city to do, with 32 players on consoles and 64 on pc. And how about co-op storyline? There are probably two (or even more) main characters, so how about that?

i really want GTA V to have RDR system (only with XP instead of $$$ and u can earn XPnames and clothes like in gta iv) i also want to be able to make gangs and the way u can get XP is like in RDR by raiding gang hide outs, accept the gangs u raid r other players gangs

how many players do you think can play online in gta 5? 16, 24, 36 etc.. do you want it to be like sa-mp or just like IV?

Edited by TreeFitty
/merged into multiplayer topic

how many players do you think can play online in gta 5? 16, 24, 36 etc.. do you want it to be like sa-mp or just like IV?

The preset multiplayer games GTA IV had were fun, so i think they should stay. But the main area that needs improving is the freeroam gameplay. I think there should be a lot to do when you have a full map to roam around on, and organise games etc. Freeroam should cater for a larger multiplayer experience imo. Get as many people on that map as they possibly can i'd say!

Hi, new to the forums, but I've been following y'all for a while. Anyways, I've had this idea for multiplayer that I think will lend itself to gta pretty well. If any of you have played assassins creed multi, then you have a general idea where I'm heading. I don't want it to be as intricate as assassins creed's multi, but I think it would make a good diversion for anyone looking for a little stealth styled multi. Of course you would want stealthy weapons in this mode, silenced pistols, knifes, etc. and before one of y'all moves my topic to the multiplayer section, I'm typing this on my iPhone, and I can't seem to find the way to skip to the last page, so I would appreciate it if you either let this topic stand on its own, or explain to me how to skip to the last page in a topic so I can see y'all's replies, thanks!

On the right, where it lists the last person to comment, click below that, where it lists the day and time the post was made, that'll take you to the last post. Also, where it says, for example, 'Page 1 of 4,' click that, and it will open a drop-down menu that lets you jump to a specific page.

Merging topics once I get confirmation you've read this.

Edit: Took too long. Merged.

i would not like gta5 game to be like assains creed multiplayer strictly due to the fact of the map size of gta to assians creed multiplayer imagine playing assains creed multi in gta4 it would be cool jungle to explore but..... the multplayer would be horrible, it would take forever to get to some one.... however having some stealth mechanics would be nice.. but even if there is stealth in multiplayer to me i think it would feel akward bacause what if you see 3 jets in a dog fight and your hiding in a shadow waiting for a stealth kill "/

Ok, we'll I figured it out, but it wasn't the way you described. On my iPhone it only has the option to go back and forward one page, but I found if you click on the star to the left of the topic, it takes you to the last page.

Anyways, I'm not thinking that you have this as a free roam session, it would be in levels. I think you fill it with lookalike npc's, and maybe a few perks, but don't get too carried away.

Right, my phone doesn't load the mobile version anymore, forgot what it looks like. You can switch to the proper version at the bottom of the page, if you're so inclined.

Edit: There's also a dark skin, which is much easier on the eyes. Not sure if it's the default skin or not.

I really don't see how they could get more than 16 players on the free roam map.. If everyone was spread out, yea it might be alright. But I know from experience that when you have 16 people all in the same area on gta 4 for ps3 or 360, especially if everyone has rocket lauchers, all the explosions and activity makes for major lag. I just don't know how smooth it'd be with more than 16 people.

But they definatly need to make some improvments over gta 4 free roam. In my opinion red dead redemption had it right. Being able to form a group with a bunch of people and clear gang hide outs co-op in free roam added so much more to the game. If gta 5 had the ability to form gangs (poses) and be able to go rob a bank (gang hideouts) for example, I think it would be pretty successful. Don't get me wrong gta 4 had alot of great multiplayer modes, it's just free roam could be a bit bland. At least being able to form groups like you could in red dead would add alot.

They could also seemlessly integrate multiplayer modes into free roam. Like if you go to a stadium or a certain spot in the desert you can start up a demolition derby. This would notify all the players that you're starting a game and give them the option to teleport to you. Or a certain spot on the street can start a race, a mountain path to start a dirtbike/off road race, part of the docks to start a deathmatch, ect. Again this is something red dead did very successfully, and I think it would add alot to the free roam experience.

• Like 1

gta_san_andreas_multiplayer_01[1].jpg

I really hope by the next GTA they improve the online multiplayer experience a lot. Sure they had the basics on IV, but i really hope - for instants; we can have large freeroam sessions, where you can have say 50-100 players per map. Instead of just being able to kill each other, they should have the freeroam as a sort of hub to start matches, freeroam missions, join gangs/clans, in-which you can have planned matched for turf influence. Maybe a little like what they did with RDR but more. There is so much potential for online multiplayer, that R* North and GTA V could re-invent the genre once again.

Make some of your own suggestions that you think would enhance the multiplayer experience on GTA, so we can all discuss it. You never know, R* could see some of our suggestions and implement them!

Improved Freeroam Definitely. I especially like the joining Gangs/Clans idea, and I think Rockstar have something planned like that ( because they alluded to the crews crossing over from Max Payne 3 to GTA V ). There should be something like Turf, where the city is divided up into sections which are owned by different Gangs/Crews/Clans. And all the members fight to expand the territory of their indivdual Gang/Crew/Clan. Maybe different Clans get specific Bonuses to combat and vehicles/weapons available depending on which part of the city they control.

This may sound complicated, but I think they should do something original and exciting, whatever it is.

So from what i understand, in the IGN video, one guy mentions that there is the three characters selectable from the top of the HUD with a forth blacked out widget which R* said would be something to do with mulitplayer.

The question is, will you be able to create a multiplayer protagonist and then select him/her from that HUD wheel type thing, which then 'google earths' you straight into your own freeroam game seamlessly, where you can invite other players?

On the upper left of the license plate you see "OCT" has this something to to with october?

Maybe you have to pay monthly for your car? ("you can do much more with your money")

Or maybe the month the car was bought.

post-12272-0-27699200-1352827252_thumb.j

post-12272-0-04214400-1352827522_thumb.j

On the upper left of the license plate you see "OCT" has this something to to with october?

Maybe you have to pay monthly for your car? ("you can do much more with your money")

I barked up that tree, too. Don't think it means anything.

That sticker is when the license plates need to be renewed.

"We hope that GTA V will do for multiplayer open world games what GTA 3 did for open world single-player games.” That's quite a statement to live up to, have to say I'm intrigued by the possibilities.

• Like 2