Just watched the vid 3 hours ago (amazing).I was wondering with the onliners purchasing apartments, would there be infinite apartments to purchase or a certain amount so that some onliners wouldn't be able to buy a house or apartment? Another question: If you were to die free roam, would you drop some money, or is that left at some bank account? Aswell, could you rob banks and because of this some onliners lose money? These are rhetoric.

Just watched the vid 3 hours ago (amazing).I was wondering with the onliners purchasing apartments, would there be infinite apartments to purchase or a certain amount so that some onliners wouldn't be able to buy a house or apartment? Another question: If you were to die free roam, would you drop some money, or is that left at some bank account? Aswell, could you rob banks and because of this some onliners lose money? These are rhetoric.

You've just made me think of stalking. I'm sure it happens already in MP but to what degree I don't know. If savvy players are going to be aware that you can safeguard your cash by keeping it in the bank they'll carry only what they need between missions/heists/games which leads to the possibility of walking down the street with people following you either by car or on foot and having to watch over your shoulder for a potential robbery/assault.

• Like 1

*Places C4 on every ATM in the vicinity, and collects at the end of mission* People are going to be testing the shit out of GTAO's exploits. I hope they do a good job of keeping on top of things like that if they plan on running a consistent world. Passive mode sounds interesting, but also confusing. They didn't make it clear when, or how it can be used.

Also, forced friendship between 16 players isn't going to happen. Like RDR you will either join forces or gang up on the fool... It always happens. It will be fun as fuck.

I swear this always happened to me whenever I joined up with a group of randoms In RDR. They'd start trying to kill me every single time I spawned, I'd kill each of them a couple of times ( there would usually be 3-5 of them ). And eventually they'd kill me due to sheer numbers and better weapons ( I barely played online so I had low level weapons and mounts ). But I always spawned back near by, and I would then start attacking them for killing me without warning/ reason.

Eventually I would find some great defensive position, and would start massacring them ( with them barely getting any kills on me at all/ it's great listening to assholes whine ). After which they usually got pissed and left the game.

Hopefully GTA Online is a better experience ( I only played like one Team Deathmatch in GTA lV as well )...

Now I, along with others, are SUPER pumped GTAO and just GTA 5 in general. But there is one thing that got me thinking.. so lets say you buy an apartment say.. I don't know. The apartment in the online trailer. Lets say that. Now my question is, what would happen if we join an online lobby with a guy who has the same apartment...? Can someone explain this to me!

I was only interested in playing Online with the iGTA crew before this discussion and I'm even more determined to play with only you guys now.

Same. Only played RDR with my mates because of these issues. Looking forward to seeing how GTAO pans out

Now I, along with others, are SUPER pumped GTAO and just GTA 5 in general. But there is one thing that got me thinking.. so lets say you buy an apartment say.. I don't know. The apartment in the online trailer. Lets say that. Now my question is, what would happen if we join an online lobby with a guy who has the same apartment...? Can someone explain this to me!

I was thinking the same thing.

• Like 1

Only 20 stores to be held up in GTAO. A new mode called "Survival" debuts. There are at least 100 ranks to attain in GTAO. "Gang backup" is available upon request.

Source: Achievement list

It's probably a teliport location with multiple versions of the same apartments. Treefitty already explained this eitjer on this thread or the reveal thread.

What do you mean by a "teliport location" ? Like can you go in depth a little more please?

The same as in all the rest of the GTA's since Vice City. You walk up to the door and you'll either see an arrow or a corona, and it'll warp you to an interior. Even GTA IV had these with some safehouses.

• Like 1

He basically means that the apartment will be instanced. It's an MMO thing. If two people enter a dungeon in WoW, for example, they go to the same location, but they each get their own copy of the instance and won't be there together. If they're in a group, however, they will be in the instance together.

I'm not sure how it would work in GTA Online, but I imagine there will be a way to make a group within the 16 person group, so if two people own the same apartment, they can bring people to their version.

Further reading: http://wowpedia.org/Instance

Has anyone else heard anything about the CCTV footage outside of apartments? Also, I recall being told that the exploits of your fellow GTAO players can be seen on the in-game news; we're able to watch the action from the nose-mounted cameras of LSPD Mavericks. I'm inclined to call bullshit. Can anyone who is more knowledgeable confirm this?

Has anyone else heard anything about the CCTV footage outside of apartments? Also, I recall being told that the exploits of your fellow GTAO players can be seen on the in-game news; we're able to watch the action from the nose-mounted cameras of LSPD Mavericks. I'm inclined to call bullshit. Can anyone who is more knowledgeable confirm this?

I'm not confirming anything, just my comments...but we have seen security cameras in some of the screenshots...in IV, the in-game news reflected recent exploits depending on your last mission or two. I know in Just Cause 2 there's a video capture enabler, I'm sure it's not the only game with that feature...I'm more inclined to call that plausible, not bullshit.

Yeah, nose-mounted cameras on Police Helicopters was confirmed in some of the Articles that followed the GTA Online Video ( with the footage of police chases being shown on TV ). Here's an excerpt from a Gamespot article ~

"Say you're hanging out in your high-rise apartment enjoying the view down below. You spot a flurry of red and blue lights in the distance and decide to see what's going on. So you switch on your TV, tune into the news, and suddenly you're watching your friend fleeing from the police in real-time thanks to the news helicopter flying directly above him".

Link ~ http://uk.gamespot.c...6412714/?page=2

It also mentions CCTV for your apartment in the same paragraph as well. And we've also seen CCTV mentioned on the Heist Planning Boards in the Gameplay Video ( as seen below ). As for anywhere else in the world I don't know.

official-screenshot-planning-the-bugstars-heist.jpg

Excerpt ~

"Beyond little touches like this, you can use your apartment for more practical uses, as well--like getting your friends together to go over the details of a heist in your planning room or keeping a watchful eye on your 10-car garage using a closed-circuit security camera feed".

• Like 1

i remember that from the interview with the big boss. apparently once your friends/crew get a wanted level, it then becomes an option to view on the news channel. here's a quote from cvg's interview with Leslie, the big boss man......

" How is Weazel News going to work online? You showed news feeds of fellow players escaping from the cops - are we going to have the ability to share them?

You don't share them. All you can do at the moment is watch the feeds when people have Wanted levels, from your apartment. It doesn't get fed out anywhere else.

It'll just pick the people who are currently on Wanted levels?

It'll pick your friends, Crew members, if they've got Wanted levels, yeah."

the link: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/423020/gta-v-interview-rockstar-north-president-leslie-benzies-on-gta-online/

• Like 1

Its unlikely but I think that a weapons wall in your apartment would be cool like you walk up to the wall, press X and it spins around revealing rows of weapons, armour and parachutes that you could stockpile. Even better if you could 'give' your Crew some of these weapons when planning a robbery, if your feeling generous that is :P .

oh hard to gather this one as I found it on the german ign only which links to cvg which, in turn, links to this 3djuegos article published yesterday showing an interview with Leslie Benzies.

looks like the multiplayer gonna be epic, they say there's a total of about 700 missions available in multiplayer, 500 of which are permanently available or "respawn" regularily once done.

L.B. Creo que son cerca de 700 misiones en este momento. Esperamos que haya unas 500 siempre disponibles, y que se renueven continuamente. También puedes ir al Rockstar Social Club y bajarte más misiones. Así que puedes conectarte y descargar misiones de cualquier jugador para poblar tu mundo online, tanto procedentes de amigos como del resto de usuarios.