Rockstar is still a company trying to make money, and the future lies in these micro transactions. simple cause people tend to think it's only 99 cent right ,yeah it is but do that 20 times and since people dont keep track of how many times they did it. Combine that with the fact that current gen and next gen consoles have a finance system build in ms points or psn money combine that with the fact that 70 % of the people have there creditcard signed to theyre account

then get some ignorance and some human competition drift and you have a win Win WIN $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ situation...

that they put so many effort in it, only fuels my thought that they want something in return

but well you know ......

Qoute: Time will tell, Sooner or later, Time will tell ( into C&C Red Alert )

I like what just happened there.

• Like 1

Not trying to be a dick, I was wondering why there is 2 topics for GTAO?

This topic is for all things GTAO - the other one is specifically for the gameplay video about GTAO. It should help keep some of tomorrow's "ZOMG GTAO IS SO AEWSOME MY HEAD A-SPLODE :faplight: :faplight: :faplight: :faplight: :faplight: :faplight: :faplight: :faplight: :faplight: :faplight:" separate from this thread.

That's the idea, anyway.

• Like 2

From everything i've read today, i see the point of GTAO being this; A world where you slowly grind your RP to unlock new missions activities, creation tools, and use them to share ideas, races or eventually missions you've thought of yourself. And then there's money which works close to a real life representation, meaning you will also need to slowly grind that in order to get the best houses, garages, outfits, vehicles, weapons, and whatever R* decide to add in the future and use it to brag about...

Overall that sounds like a fucking awesome way to waste all my time! :D

• Like 5

^ Couldn't agree more.. I really think GTAO has the potential to at least partially drown out COD or any other series that just recycles their own shit and throws it in a blender.. I'm just about sick of those types of games and especially the fan base that surrounds them.. Something like this seems very new and innovative, like it can live for a long time, specifically when they say they're gonna add more and more new content and possibly features along the way.. And with all the freedom and customization on top of that.. yeah, I now know where most of my free time will be spent for the next few months (maybe years, possibly decades) :clap:

• Like 1

^ Couldn't agree more.. I really think GTAO has the potential to at least partially drown out COD or any other series that just recycles their own shit and throws it in a blender.. I'm just about sick of those types of games and especially the fan base that surrounds them.. Something like this seems very new and innovative, like it can live for a long time, specifically when they say they're gonna add more and more new content and possibly features along the way.. And with all the freedom and customization on top of that.. yeah, I now know where most of my free time will be spent for the next few months (maybe years, possibly decades) :clap:

Unfortunately the CODfags will be on GTAO.

I'm envisioning a more detailed, more "GTA-like" version of RDR's multiplayer: You create a custom character, you enter the multiplayer world of Los Santos and you start doing "missions" to earn money and experience. This money can be spent on new clothes, cars, weapons, tattoos ect. You may also have special abilities (like Max Payne 3's mulitplayer) which you will select when you create your character. Maybe you'll unlock more as your level goes up.

You'll definately have crews (we know this) like in RDR and Max Payne, and you'll work together to do some "missions" within the world (like Bomb Da Base in GTAIV multiplayer or co-op missions in RDR), and these will probably be heists or cops and robbers style missions (like GTA IV). Rather than being split up into different modes, like in GTA IV, all these features and missions will be implemented into a single "free-roam" world (like RDR).

I'm keen! I hate multiplayer usually, but this could be wicked fun!

Let's not forget that we'll be able to play as Niko, Luis and Johnny (surely) maybe even Claude, CJ and Tommy ect.

I can already see the game swamped with a thousand CJ's...

Well, I got what I wanted. AND MORE!

• Like 2

I have never been an on-line player - this is a game changer for me - can't wait to give it a go

My thoughts exactly, G.

Yep. Ditto. Played RDR and GTA IV a little but never held my interest. But this. This is unreal.

Alright fellas I have a question. Seeing that I'm not so smart and relatively new to gta (all I've played is SA and 4) I'd like to ask, how would I go about starting and maintaining some sort of a cartel in GTAO. Seeing as how big gta 5 is and how many options there are for multiplayer, a cartel or mafia/gang seems very plausible. I just wouldn't know how to start it or keep it going. I could have like 6 other friends playing with me. Any ideas?

Alright fellas I have a question. Seeing that I'm not so smart and relatively new to gta (all I've played is SA and 4) I'd like to ask, how would I go about starting and maintaining some sort of a cartel in GTAO. Seeing as how big gta 5 is and how many options there are for multiplayer, a cartel or mafia/gang seems very plausible. I just wouldn't know how to start it or keep it going. I could have like 6 other friends playing with me. Any ideas?

What Fitty said. Rockstar's Social Club and Crews features are great for maintaining a group of friends to play with.

If a group of our crew gets thrown into a heist or a robbery with some randoms, and they're douche bags, the leader should chuck them a doller for good will, but keep all the rest to split with the crew. Teach them a lesson for messing around. < This is something i will do at some point in my time online!

Also, forced friendship between 16 players isn't going to happen. Like RDR you will either join forces or gang up on the fool... It always happens. It will be fun as fuck.

• Like 2

Ik about crews. But I'd just like to do this on my own with my friends ya know? I hoping that you can sell guns and drugs. That's what I was figuring could get me started and then I read some interview like invest in a car company's stock and then blow their cars or something. Idk but I guess just something like that