So we know that there could be a minimum of 15 people in a freeroam environment (that's how many were in the video) But the Devs went up to 19, so that could potentially push it up more.

GTAVdev1, GTAVdev4, GTAVdev5, GTAVdev7, GTAVdev14, GTAVdev18, GTAVdev19, GTAVdev10, GTAVdev2, GTAVdev3, GTAVdev12, GTAVdev...(hidden by windowframe), GTAVdev9, GTAVdev8, GTAVdev11.

gameplay-1-gtav-multiplayer.jpg

gameplay-1-players-are-everywhere.jpg

gameplay-1-looks-like-fun.jpg

Who thinks there will be a higher limit? 20 per roam, 50? Explain.

So we know that there could be a minimum of 15 people in a freeroam environment (that's how many were in the video) But the Devs went up to 19, so that could potentially push it up more.

Perhaps crew stats will have an impact on this.

i like the $$$ in free roam. it could be fun to buy houses with bullet proof windows and just have a small opening to put your sniper through. haha.

• Like 1

i really dislike the fact they show other players health and armor under their names.

Assuming that the darker (negative) halves represent percentage of health depleted, it'd be a stupidly rare coincidence that every player in the lobby had exactly 50% health. Not to worry, Brian.

I'm just hoping that given car customization is back, i would love to have an online car that spawns when you do (in free mode atleast) and you can upgrade as you level up, it would make those annoying car searches non existent.

I would love to have the ability to throw another player in the boot of you car after knocking them out :P

Would have them struggle theyre way out after they wake up after a while, and once they do land on the street while in high speed ( let them ragdoll accros the busy street probaly with police behind you ) or underwater :P

Good fun :P

Equivelant of RDR Hogtie :P ( was nog available in MP regret that until this day :no:

GTAVdev1, GTAVdev4, GTAVdev5, GTAVdev7, GTAVdev14, GTAVdev18, GTAVdev19, GTAVdev10, GTAVdev2, GTAVdev3, GTAVdev12, GTAVdev...(hidden by windowframe), GTAVdev9, GTAVdev8, GTAVdev11.

I reckon 24 players total, the same as Battlefield 3's Multiplayer limit on console. It would make sense because it's an even number, and would be balanced if the number was broken up into "12 vs 12" or "6 vs 6 vs 6 vs 6" Team Matches...

If they could have more than this, and not have the game get buggy that would be awesome. Imagines 50+ Player Free-Roaming Online :yes: ...

And I don't see the limit increasing. They've been doing 16 all this time.

I reckon 24 players total, the same as Battlefield 3's Multiplayer limit on console. It would make sense because it's an even number, and would be balanced if the number was broken up into "12 vs 12" or "6 vs 6 vs 6 vs 6" Team Matches...

I'm with Fitty on this one, 16 seems like the magic number for current-gen, and to BlackSox9's point, it is evenly divisible by 4.

And I don't see the limit increasing. They've been doing 16 all this time.

I'm with Fitty on this one, 16 seems like the magic number for current-gen, and to BlackSox9's point, it is evenly divisible by 4.

My thoughts exactly. And programmers tend to follow power of 2 for most processed information, sometimes for multiplayer limitations too. 2-4-8-16-32-64 etc. I would expect 16 as a standard. 32 would be pushing it. But, it's not impossibru on current tech (MAG on PS3 - 256).

I'm just hoping that given car customization is back, i would love to have an online car that spawns when you do (in free mode atleast) and you can upgrade as you level up, it would make those annoying car searches non existent.
Is like that too, but when you spawn your already in it and before you connect you can choose which (if multiple cars available) car you'd like to Start off in. I wonder if you'll be able to start off if you don't want to be your avatar as a cop or different a.I..

I wonder if there will be multiple gang pads, kind of like GTA IV's party spot (what a shithole that was), but gang specific when you join certain freeroams. There could be a "Crew Freeroam" where clans of 4 have a party pad to either releax at, or protect from rival crews?

Also, remember that black guy from the first trailer everyone said looked like CJ? For some reason, that multiplayer character reminded me of him... He also has a basic vest, jeans and desert boots... Maybe coincidence, but he could have been an early anonymous glimpse of multiplayer... Cops N Crooks anyone?

YSm1mCR.jpg