They used to. Not since Hot Coffee. Modding is now a violation of the EULA. Like that stops people.

Fair Use Laws tend to over rule for offline. It's the Code of Conduct for Xbox and PSN that it normally breaks and affects. Not only that but EULA is a shrink-wrap license meaning said agreer cannot read the agreement until he's already accepted the agreement, so shrink-wrap licenses are not always legally binding.

I've seen a lot of EULAs that state that the agreement is in effect once the user uses the software. Either way, they're putting in anti-cheat tech and that makes me happy.

• Like 1

I was wondering what character customization would be like in multiplayer. Whether it would be like GTA IV, where you can really only change the sex and a few clothing items, or would you choose a default look and be able to go to shops in free roam. It wouldn't be that hard to implement into multiplayer, would it?

I was wondering what character customization would be like in multiplayer. Whether it would be like GTA IV, where you can really only change the sex and a few clothing items, or would you choose a default look and be able to go to shops in free roam. It wouldn't be that hard to implement into multiplayer, would it?

it was like that in saints row and that game was stupid and fun as hell. Rockstar could feasibly pull it off and somehow work a story into your online character to.

I think R* could implement some interesting Team Death Match modes for GTA V. Have all players of the lobby split into two teams.. ex: cops vs. crooks, CIA vs. FIB, Grove vs. Ballas. Give them a sense of story..

I think R* could implement some interesting Team Death Match modes for GTA V. Have all players of the lobby split into two teams.. ex: cops vs. crooks, CIA vs. FIB, Grove vs. Ballas. Give them a sense of story..

I think Rockstar is thinking bigger than just a Team Deathmatch mode for GTA V's Multiplayer.

Maybe something on an Open-World level.

I think Rockstar is thinking bigger than just a Team Deathmatch mode for GTA V's Multiplayer.

Maybe something on an Open-World level.

I agree, I was just giving an example of something they may or may not do..

Straight from Rockstar Support's twitter:

@EricDeeJay " We do not approve of cheating, and are preparing extensive anti-cheat measures for GTA V. " I wasn't sure where to post this, because I wasn't sure if anyone in the multiplayer topic would of seen it. Because no one had posted on it in days. https://twitter.com/RockstarSupport

https://www.rockstar...02/rockstar-nyc

Looks like they're looking in NY.

Rockstar is looking for a seasoned producer to help manage and drive our various software security initiatives. The successful candidate is committed to keeping our games and services fun for our players through defense against cheaters, hackers, exploiters, and any and all troublemakers. If you consider yourself an expert and champion against hacking, JTAG/jailbreaking, ISO-modding, savemodding, trainers, leaderboard injections, cracking, or any other spoil-making, this may be the job for you.

FUCK YOU, CON

it was like that in saints row and that game was stupid and fun as hell. Rockstar could feasibly pull it off and somehow work a story into your online character to.

I read somewhere, can't remember where or if it was even GTA V, that they are planning something big for multiplayer. Could be a story like you said or it could just be little missions in free roam that you can do with friends.

Stuff like: Bank robberies, assassinations, cage fighting, taking out bases (like in RDR), hunting, racing, etc. Just a thought.

i hope they keep almost everything the same about multiplayer, except of course the player customization.

I most definitely hope not, multiplayer in IV was boooooring with the exception of a few modes.

Speak for yourself ^ but I really enjoyed the multiplayer in GTA IV.. I feel there are many others who would agree, but I do think R* could make something truly epic.. With what they're doing with the single player and all the new gameplay features, I think it's safe to say that GTA V's multiplayer is gonna be a fuckin blast hah :clap:

With the potential of 'Crews' in GTA V, i hope we will be able to customise our gang outfits and our gang vehicles. This would especially make a team-freeroam more enjoyable. For example: Two crews of 8 join a freeroam. The server recognizes you're in crews and spawns you in separate locations. You either hold up at your location, fortify it with vehicle road blocks, and wait. Or take to the road in your clan vehicles to attack the other crew/gang. Imagine how much they could do with this? With a decent amount of customisation, you could make your crew look; hood, biker, mafia and so much more, just from having gang clothes and vehicles.

This is essentially Red Dead Redemption freeroam set in a modern world, with more customisation...

• Like 1

With the potential of 'Crews' in GTA V, i hope we will be able to customise our gang outfits and our gang vehicles. This would especially make a team-freeroam more enjoyable. For example: Two crews of 8 join a freeroam. The server recognizes you're in crews and spawns you in separate locations. You either hold up at your location, fortify it with vehicle road blocks, and wait. Or take to the road in your clan vehicles to attack the other crew/gang. Imagine how much they could do with this? With a decent amount of customisation, you could make your crew look; hood, biker, mafia and so much more, just from having gang clothes and vehicles.

This is essentially Red Dead Redemption freeroam set in a modern world, with more customisation...

I agree, with everything you just said!

We'll do that once Grand Theft Auto Online info is revealed and we know exactly what kind of things we'll be organizing.

Yep, that's true.

So... Why will we need an exclusive DLC vehicle from the special edition for GTA Online? What IS "Grand Theft Auto Online"? It sounds fuck loads more ambitious than GTAV multiplayer, that's for sure.

Fucking discuss this!

I just had an epiphany .... The money we generate in single player may well cross-over to our online avatar. Why would you need to earn millions from big heists in a single player environment...When they said there would be plenty to spend money on, how about buying expensive cars to race against other players, but also get the choice to play for pink slips, and gamble away your money through illegal street racing.

Okay even if your money doesn't cross over to muItiplayer, i still think 'Online will be the major hub for money spending in GTA V.

GTA IV had level-up experience which was money. The same rules could apply to V, but what if you could actually spend this money...

• Like 2

ive just thought about it like this for the first time, instead of going to your phone, selecting multiplayer etc, you use the character wheel and it while its zooming out (masking the loading of the multiplayer universe) it then zooms to your character and thats you. so it feels like your online guy is part of the same world as the main 3 characters.

• Like 3

Yeah and the whole "Grand Theft Auto Online Character Creation System" sounds exciting.. Seems to be a lot more extensive than IV.. Which makes me wonder if we'll actually create our online avatar or just choose from basics and clothe them n shit?

The fact that they named it "Grand Theft Auto Online" seems to separate it from GTA V a little for me. Like a different entity or more standalone or something. Right now I'm thinking it will be like the Crew system taken to a whole new level. Crews are cross-Rockstar-game. Grand Theft Auto Online might end up cross-GTA-game.

• Like 1

I have a feeling, now you have mentioned that it could be an entirely seperate entity, that for the Xbox, as it was with BF3, online will be on a seperate disk (as we don't have the luxury of blu-ray like you PS3 folk)

My GTA V 'hype-level' just spiked, and it was already at a pretty constant high level.

Just thinking about GTA online is making me need this game.

So many possibilities, just imagine...

*cue cut-scene* Driving through the off road landscape in a formation of 5 black cars (2 each side, 1 at the front) - at dusk with a badass song playing on the radio, driving at speed chasing some poor dude who thought it would be funny to shoot at one of us ealier on, eventually shooting at his car enough to make him bail out, then drive past making him think he's safe, only for him to see 5 cars violently handbraking to turn around in the distance, driving full speed right at him as he makes a desperate run to escape the inevitable...

Umm... so yeah like I said, I'm hyped.

Seems to me that GTA is starting to become a little bit more like MGS4 with the customizing weapons, enemy line of sight, stealth, slow regenerating health and now GTAO?

MGSO + GTAO = FTW!

My dreams are coming true :wub:

• Like 1