Sign in to follow this  
DuPz0r

GTA IV - VC

A few pop-up LOD problems in those videos, especially the second trailer. I'm beginning to think that's why IV had no open areas, so you wouldn't notice the draw distance issues. Besides that, it's extremely fapping friendly.

Guest r_i_g_h_t

New screen :)

scrbobcat.png

Oh man, I miss committing mass murder in the Malibu Club.

Those shadows look pretty good, were they like that in the original?

New screen :)

Oh man, I miss committing mass murder in the Malibu Club.

Those shadows look pretty good, were they like that in the original?

They're using Rage so the lighting/shadows will be IV lighting and shadows, Marney. :)

@ w_r_o_n_g - Is it true this mod only works with EFLC on PC? Because i really want to try this, but i only have IV.

The modification is done for EfLC, but the support of the original IV are planned...

Thank you for your support) ^_^

A couple of new screenshots:

Feel the spirit of Miami? ;)

48368825.png

70853102.png

As for progress, it now carefully finalized collision models, as well as shaders. I remind you first release mod is scheduled for December 2011.

YT changed the links. The media tags don't know how to use the new URLs but you can still type it the old way.

old: youtube.com/watch?v=EFL2a3Kfx44

new: youtube.com/watch?player=embedded&v=EFL2a3Kfx44

so just delete out the middle part to make it say "watch?v=..."

Looks better than the original VC but it still has a cartoony sense to it. Low poly count or original textures, I don't know. Maybe both. If that's all the team was going for so be it but I think they could improve the game vastly graphic-wise.

I think they were just going for the new engine, not the graphics. The sky would obviously be an exception. The animations look like the IV-era ones, too. Tommy seems to walk like Luis, I think, but the old character models make it hard to tell.

It looks like Tommy does walk like Luis. Which wouldn't make it hard to use for the original IV, seeing as Luis's animation is in the anim.img(?) file. I've done alot of modding with GTA on Xbox 360/Live (It's a wonder i'm not banned) and basic on PC seeing as my pc is shit at the moment I'm currently saving up for a good gaming desktop.