Sign in to follow this  
Skribble

GTA:Vice 2

We all know the reasons vice city is a potential for the next city in the gta IV trilogy, just a few thoughts about if it is vice city again.

Firstly, what would they call it. It can't exactly be gta:vice city, gta4:vice city or gta:vice city 2. All those names are a bit "lame" for gta's history.

What do you think they could name it?

I was thinking that maybe there would be a name for the area surrounding vice city itself.

Maybe Grand Theft Auto: Diamond Key.

Like they could do a San Andreas of sorts, and give us the entire state of Florida, or their adaptation of it.

Maybe we can have Vice City, a little bit of the Everglades national park (or , a key/chain of islands to the south and a bahamas island you can fly too (or maybe a super speedy drug trafficking boat).

This way they can name it something new I.e their made up name of the state and still do a new vice city.

What does everyone think of the larger areas? I for one had no problem with the smaller liberty city, but alot of people much prefer the big san Andreas area.

The other thing to consider is the time frame? It's hard to look at vice city as anything but the 80's. But if bad boys has taught us anything, and it certainly has cause it kicks ass, it's that Miami can still be cool in the present day. Think Miami vice with Colin Farrell aswell... And don't tell me how much you hate either of those movies, just pay attention to the crime and drug dealing involved in both and imagine the potential for vice 2.

As i've said many times in the past i'm confident with whatever setting R* decide to go with. I'm pretty certain whatever they decide to do the playing area will be more open and not as confined as LC. Hopefully we'll get a decent amount of countryside to explore, but even if it's just one city with surrounding land it i'll be happy. I'm also quite certain the setting/atmosphere will be lighter and have more of a subtropical theme, we need some contrast to the bleak, depressing atmosphere of LC.

All I know is that one of these days (hopefully soon) i'll come on here and see a topic called "GTA V ANNOUNCED, DETAILS INSIDE!!11!!" That's when the really hard part about waiting begins. With every day we are getting closer to an imminent R* announcement, but until then all we can do is sit back and wait.

But the first VC was heavily influenced by Scarface: The mansion and the final assault on it, the Malibu, Apartment 3C, the Cubans... etc. etc.

So let me get this straight, No GTA 3 era characters in the new games right? So old man Tommy Vercetti is out I guess. Well they might still put Yusif Amir in it to give you some missions so all is well.

Well some of the old characters are mentioned in other GTA's, such as the Vances, Rosenberg, Diaz, Phil Cassidy... ETC ETC, but making a third Vice city is less likely then a second San Andreas, But if Vice City does return, I believe the Characters from the previous Vice City's will be mentioned, Well except the Vances, and Diaz. Same goes for a new SA, Old character references, Apperences may be questionable.

And what ever happened to love fist?

Well some of the old characters are mentioned in other GTA's, such as the Vances, Rosenberg, Diaz, Phil Cassidy... ETC ETC, but making a third Vice city is less likely then a second San Andreas, But if Vice City does return, I believe the Characters from the previous Vice City's will be mentioned, Well except the Vances, and Diaz. Same goes for a new SA, Old character references, Apperences may be questionable.

And what ever happened to love fist?

What makes you say it would be a third vice city and a second San Andreas? All three cities were in the same game (top down gta) and liberty has been done twice since. Vice and San Andreas once each since the first.

Also maybe I missed some but apart from l lazlow were there any mentions of any old liberty ci characters? As far as I can tell the events of gta 3 should only just be happening towards the end of gta IV. Timeline wise.

Ahhh. I see. I guess liberty city has 6 or 7 then.

Also just an interesting graph of population in the us. We've had Cali(sa), Florida(vice), and new York(liberty). Why not Texas, it's the only other one in the top 4. And if rockstar can do anything well it's make something unexpected brilliant. I remember when niko was first revealed and everyone HATED the idea of playing as him. Maybe they could make Texas not boring?

Having said that I would like the state of florida, I think it could be dope. They can work on the water in the rage engine, get waves and shit cranking.

US_Population.GIF

Deeply doubt that the next GTA will be the honor of Vice City.

Slightly depart from the topic, and ask. Are you familiar with the project Vice City RAGE?

Slightly depart from the topic, and ask. Are you familiar with the project Vice City RAGE?

Yep we have a discussion about that here: http://www.igta5.com/forums/topic/618-gta-iv-vc/

Welcome to iGTA!

Do you have reasons? Or is it just your feeling? I'd like to hear everyone's ideas pro and con.

So do you do work on the vice city rage? If so what's the deal? Is the whole city, cars, peds etc. All getting remodeled to look new and shiny, or is it just applying the vice city map with cars and peds and textures onto the game engine?

Yes, the essence of fashion - a full migration to the Vice City engine RAGE with the maximum use of it.

I went into the design, but at the moment for me to work with the radio.

We have all the necessary SDK to work.

I apologize for my fucking english if that)

... And all the discussion topics in fashion, although RAGE in no way relates to the Vice IV