Sign in to follow this  
angeal18

Batman: Arkham City

Arkham Asylum was load of fun, and I'm expecting about the same or more. I definitely will get this, but there's a lot of games coming out this Fall ... I will most likely wait for some sort of price drop to get this though, along with a bunch of the other games coming out this Fall.

I just saw the most recent trailer. This game looks incredible. Still, I know I won't spend as much time with this as I will with Saints Row 3 and Skyrim, so I'm still going to wait for a price drop.

I just saw the most recent trailer. This game looks incredible. Still, I know I won't spend as much time with this as I will with Saints Row 3 and Skyrim, so I'm still going to wait for a price drop.

Yeah you got good taste in games, im getting both of those as well when I can afford it. Im a big Batman fan so I will probably play it the most.

I don't know why every company decided to release their games now, competition is heavy. Even GTA could be overshadowed by all the shit that's coming out this season.

Yeah I hate that too. You would think they would release them apart for better sales but I guess they wait until the last part of the year because of the holidays. If GTA just randomly came out tomorrow I think it would still sell pretty damn well, I know the second I heard the news I would be running to the store.

Guest Marney1

You'll like this........

Game Hunt: Gaming Icons On The Loose In Arkham City

1211_laleh_gamehunt_XS.jpg

Previous editions of Game Hunt had readers tracking down video game characters, symbols, and items in Borderlands' Pandora, and a Portal 2 test chamber. This time around we're headed to Arkham City, and just like one of Batman's infamous enemies, our graphic designer Laleh Azarshin revels in torturing you with her diabolical puzzles.

Laleh might not actually be evil, but she certainly stepped up her game with this one. Above you'll find 30 hidden video game objects. Be sure to click on the image for a larger version (or open it in a new tab for the maximum size), as some of the items will be impossible to find in the normal size. Good luck!

1. Half-Life logo
  2. Autobot emblem (Transformers)
  3. Dragon emblem (The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim)
  4. Imperial Force emblem (Star Wars)
  5. Umbrella Corp logo (Resident Evil)
  6. Katamari (Katamari Damacy)
  7. Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
  8. Adoring Fan (The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion)
  9. Sweet Tooth (Twisted Metal)
  10. Isaac (Dead Space)
  11. Big Daddy (BioShock)
  12. White-Tailed Lizard (Shadow of the Colossus)
  13. Lightning and Odin (Final Fantasy XIII)
  14. Raging Raven (Metal Gear Solid 4)
  15. Cole Phelps (L.A. Noire)
  16. Batman and Catwoman (Batman: Arkham City)
  17. Vincent (Catherine)
  18. Pikmin (Pikmin)
  19. Dogmeat (Fallout 3)
  20. Ilo and Milo (Ilomilo)
  21. Bob-Omb (Super Mario 64)
  22. Star (Super Mario 64)
  23. Agent 47 (Hitman)
  24. In-game poster (Team Fortress 2)
  25. Rita's ad (Fallout: New Vegas)
  26. Sackboy (LittleBigPlanet)
  27. Thane (Mass Effect 2)
  28. Felyne (Monster Hunter)
  29. Jason (Heavy Rain)
  30. Sephiroth (Final Fantasy)

yup, i bought arkham asylum for $20 last year, but i never beat it... i got to the fight with ivy but never actually fought her... i want to beat arkham asylum before i get arkham city... so, sometime next year then??

fuck, i am finding it hard to keep up with all these games that are about to come out... arkham city, skyrim, SR3, uncharted 3, assassins creed revelations, and probably some others too... then there's the games i already haven't played like RAGE... my life is running out of room for a bunch of video games these days :(...

yup, i bought arkham asylum for $20 last year, but i never beat it... i got to the fight with ivy but never actually fought her... i want to beat arkham asylum before i get arkham city... so, sometime next year then??

fuck, i am finding it hard to keep up with all these games that are about to come out... arkham city, skyrim, SR3, uncharted 3, assassins creed revelations, and probably some others too... then there's the games i already haven't played like RAGE... my life is running out of room for a bunch of video games these days :(...

Dude, I feel exactly the same way, so many games that I need to catch up on as well! Still haven't played SR2 or Assassins Creed Brotherhood <_<

I suppose it's only like this because most major releases are at the end of the year. As soon as the gaming drought hits though, we'll be able to make up for lost ground.

Which ones are your 100% definite buys?

Saints Row 3 is my only definite buy at this point. They still haven't said what the system requirements are for Skyrim, so I don't know if I can afford the PC upgrade or not. I still have it pre-ordered, though.

If you have to choose I would still say to play this game before others. I know a lot of people who are saying that this might be the best game they ever played. Then there are the perfect 10 reviews everywhere calling it a landmark in gaming. Broad statements but so many are saying it. I plan to get it in the coming weeks so I will post a review telling if its all hype or not.

I've put about 7 hours into it so far, and although it's good, it's a bit of a letdown after all the hype. The gameplay is almost identical to Arkham Asylum. Plus, my interwebs has been slowed down, and I haven't been able to download catwoman. Why her part of the game wasn't on the disc is beyond me.

I'm hoping to finish it soon, because Skyrim isn't far off...

And I have to fill out my tax return. That's pretty important.

@massacre - only SR3 is a definite buy... i haven't pre-ordered or anything like that, perhaps i should look into that soon... the rest can wait, i am renting games for the next two weeks so, we'll see if i get to RAGE or not... this game however, is going to have to wait until next year...

glad to hear of all the positive reviews though... i thought arkham asylum was brilliant even though i didn't finish it... and now it's an open world?? sign me up!!

Okay so I finally got around to playing this. After all the build up and hype I've heard and seen. End result. Disappointment.

Story seemed weak. Had a lot of potential when it started, then emerged to what seemed a predictable end.

Voice acting was very poor, with the exception of Mark Hamill (Joker). Timing of responses,the responses themeless, and over all voice acting, even in the cutscenes was just so poor. All seemed forced.

Combat felt good, with it all feeling a little more polished than before, and the combat mode or whatever it's called was a nice addition, and fun for a few minutes.

Possible spoilers I guess from here onwards. (Even though most people know how it all ends)

Penguin seemed to set Grundy on us, then that was it of him. Just seemed like a sudden abrupt ending of that part.

Two Face story started and ended all in one.

Only gathered a few Riddler trophies, but he seems to play a tiny role in the whole game. Maybe I haven't looked into it enough.

And seemed like a predictable and poor ending to the Joker and Mark Hamill. After all these years I was expecting at least Batman to finally finish him off. Poisoned seemed a very weak ending for The Joker.

Don't understand how it got all the rave reviews and best game of the year tags. Seems poor.

@Grizzly I don't know what you wanted from it, I personally thought it was a masterpiece. Great gameplay, good story, characters were awesome, music was AMAZING (Mix between Elfman and Zimmer), etc. Did you even do the side missions or Riddler trophies?

@Grizzly I don't know what you wanted from it, I personally thought it was a masterpiece. Great gameplay, good story, characters were awesome, music was AMAZING (Mix between Elfman and Zimmer), etc. Did you even do the side missions or Riddler trophies?

Personally, I felt the story was poor, and very predictable. And the voice acting was very weak which I was most suprised at. However towards the end when having to pick off each sniper was quite good. Rest just seemed to be get to a room, defeat the guards, open some doors then fight the main guy. Felt repetative.

And some of the characters seemed to get bypassed. Like Two Face for example. The story begins with him, one cutscene, and then thats it, you see no more of him.

Some of the side missions were okay. And Riddler trophies were fun, working out challenges to get to them. But I'm not going to sit for hours on end trying to find 400 of them.

It is an okay game, and did retain my attention for a little while, just no way worth all the excitement and rave reviews from my personal opinion.