Sign in to follow this  
DuPz0r

Metal Gear Solid Series.

If you want MGO, play the MGS4 one, that one was way better! Remember our failed attempt at a clan back when MGO came out? I managed to recruit a good 35 people over in my region, and had some decent clan matches. But they never aloud cross region...

Your answer was no MGO on Snake Eater HD btw.

icon11.gif

If you want MGO, play the MGS4 one, that one was way better! Remember our failed attempt at a clan back when MGO came out? I managed to recruit a good 35 people over in my region, and had some decent clan matches. But they never aloud cross region...

I played MGO quite a bit but then people found out cheap ways to kill you and it got really hard. Then there were a lot of hackers too

icon11.gif

I played MGO quite a bit but then people found out cheap ways to kill you and it got really hard. Then there were a lot of hackers too

Yeah, i heard there was a cheap kill trick to do with a mouse control or something, and they could turn and get instant headshots. I quit after that. I did enjoy the weekly survival tournaments, that's the only thing that kept me playing for as long as i did.

I just read this on their home page:

MGO service termination. “METAL GEAR ONLINE” will draw to a close on June 12th 2012 23:59 (JST). Thank you to all “METAL GEAR ONLINE” players for your loyal support.

That's a shame. I might install it and get a few games in before they close it down.

Long live Nano.CTRL!

nanoctrlavlarge.png

/edit - Quick update on MGO:

* March 21st 2012 16:00 (JST)

- Closure of MGO Online Shop.

** April 24th 2012 18:00 (JST)

- Expansion packs and Preset Codec Message Appeal Packs will be available for free download.

*Note: Registration for new player characters will not be available during this time.

- Reward shop equipment will be available for free.

* With the exception of "non-sale" items.

** June 12th 2012 23:59 (JST)

- End of online service.

They're giving away all the reward shop (in-game) items and DLC level packs for free on the 24th of April! I'm definitely having a few games then, and play around with all the character rewards before the final closure.

What Mgs is your favourite?

Id have to say Metal gear solid 3 without a doubt. Since I had no idea about the series untill this baby came out! I remember buying a magazine with the demo inside. and i must have replayed virtuous mission about ten million times before getting bored. The best part about the demo was you had the crocodile cap at the start which was so fun to use. Then I played metal gear solid 2 which is awesome aswell. the terrorist plot was really fun to play. And the tanker chapter i just loved. As I was playing as snake. And the fact that I realised that Ocelot was in the game was awesome. Since that i loved him in mgs3.

Which boss did you like the most?

Ocelot was definetly the coolest boss with all the gunslinging. But the Ends battle had to be the coolest. because it wasnt all about running in guns a blazin. It was a mission with patience and tactics. Im so sorry I sold my ps2. And all my games! The games i miss the most have to be Mgs 2/3 and Gta 3 and vice city. Which is basically my childhood!

Which boss fight was your most epic?

Without a doubt the fight with the end. Just sneeking up on him from behind and aiming your gun at him and saying freeze! and him giving you his camo after 3 tries was so cool!

What location did you like the most?

I have to say the tanker from Mgs2. With all those soldiers having no idea i was there and me taking pictures of metal gear. Totally cool!

most memorable moment?

Feeding a hungry soldier a poison frog after blowing up the food supplies. Lol. Or maybe killing the ends parrot and eating it. Tastes like chicken ;)

What Mgs is your favourite?

Id have to say Metal gear solid 3 without a doubt. Since I had no idea about the series untill this baby came out! I remember buying a magazine with the demo inside. and i must have replayed virtuous mission about ten million times before getting bored. The best part about the demo was you had the crocodile cap at the start which was so fun to use. Then I played metal gear solid 2 which is awesome aswell. the terrorist plot was really fun to play. And the tanker chapter i just loved. As I was playing as snake. And the fact that I realised that Ocelot was in the game was awesome. Since that i loved him in mgs3.

Which boss did you like the most?

Ocelot was definetly the coolest boss with all the gunslinging. But the Ends battle had to be the coolest. because it wasnt all about running in guns a blazin. It was a mission with patience and tactics. Im so sorry I sold my ps2. And all my games! The games i miss the most have to be Mgs 2/3 and Gta 3 and vice city. Which is basically my childhood!

Which boss fight was your most epic?

Without a doubt the fight with the end. Just sneeking up on him from behind and aiming your gun at him and saying freeze! and him giving you his camo after 3 tries was so cool!

What location did you like the most?

I have to say the tanker from Mgs2. With all those soldiers having no idea i was there and me taking pictures of metal gear. Totally cool!

most memorable moment?

Feeding a hungry soldier a poison frog after blowing up the food supplies. Lol. Or maybe killing the ends parrot and eating it. Tastes like chicken ;)

Nice! I'm currently completing the Snake Eater trophy list, which is essentially doing 100% of possible things in the game! I think the hardest is to capture/find every type of creature/food including the rare tsuchinoko to get finishing rank: Markhor.

I loved playing Snake Eater so much this last two weeks, i got a platinum trophy on it in no time. Snake Eaten! I still want to play it even though i've completed it like 4 times already!

Well, i may play through MGS2 next, and see if i can enjoy that as much. Raiden... *cringes*

Has anyone seen Metal Gear Rising: ReVengence. The Reboot looks crapy to me, compared to the first Metal Gear Solid: Rising. Im really disappointed. I really wanted to see the game take place between MGS2 and MGS4 like the original MGS:Rising was planning to do. The reboot's gameplay and atmosphere look to flashy and crapy compared to the gameplay and atmosphere I saw in the original. It seemed more like MGS4, wich I thought was a good thing compared to the new one that looks like Devil May Cry.

Yeah, i think it looks crap in terms of tactical espionage. They've teamed up with another game developer to create some high-paced hack & slash action game. None of the MGS fans will enjoy it imo, so they've already lost the majority of possible day 1 buyers. I'm sure that kind of game will appeal to some small group of people though.

Apparently it was re-booted because they struggled to keep the MGS style.

Here's an interview on the matter:

MGS4 has just been patched (2.0). MGO has been removed from the menus, as the service has unfortunately ended now. As a condolence prize they've added trophies which included in the patch... and a full game install. Not much use 4 years later, but I think they're planning a "MGS4 complete edition", or something along those lines.

I know there's only a handful of MGS fans on here. But i thought i'd post this anyway.

Kojima Producions have just announced a new MGS game titled 'Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes' at their MGS 25th anniversary event. A demo was played to an audience showing 'Snake' stealthing his way into a wet and heavily guarded compound whilst avoiding searchlights.He's also seen riding a jeep, and calling in for a helicopter. The game demo ran on their new and powerful Fox Engine, which for those who do not know, is considered their next generation engine.

metal_Gear_ground_zeroes_thumb.jpg

Source: Famitsu

/edit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjvUFl5Q6nA

I'm generally really excited about this. I love MGS, and i'm happy to see they're bringing it into the next gen of gaming. I wondering if they'll be running it on console or PC this time around though... Kojima and Konami have had a real struggle with patching and server updates in the last few console titles, especially for their multiplayer titles - MGO. If the next title has any multiplayer functionality that is.