Sign in to follow this  
DuPz0r

Metal Gear Solid Series.

Metal Gear Solid is probably one of my favourite game series of all time. (After GTA) Purely because i just love the story through-out. The stealth gameplay if fun too.

Foxhound_logo.jpg

I have a couple of questions to ask you guys:

Which MGS is your favourite?

MGS1 without a doubt.

Which Boss did you like the most?

Revolver Ocelot was pretty much my a badass anti-hero.

Which boss fight was your most epic?

I think the hind-d boss (MGS1) on top of the tower was pretty epic.

What location did you like the most?

Shadow Moses fo' Sho'.

Your most memorable moment?

I think when Meryl Silverburgh is shot down and used as bait by Sniper Wolf (MGS1 again).

Also, talk about the series in general.

mgs-hd-collection-1313148648.jpg

Most of you may have already heard, MGS HD collection is coming to PS3 and 360. Unfortunately MGS 1 isn't included. But i think this is a great opportunity to revisit the series and enjoy the tactical espionage epic!

Anyone else going to pick up the HD collection?

why isn't the first one, or even the VR missions included in this bundle??

because it was a PS1 game? maybe it has to do with difficulty in making it HD or maybe some sort of licensing rights? I really don't know.

After trying to look it up, it looks like the Japanese version of this collection has a product code for MGS1, but we get Peace Walker - so it's kind of a trade-off.

also, it looks like this collection is going to be on the xbox too.

@ DuPz0r - I'm not ignoring your questions, just a little short on time right now. I'll be back on later.

Yeah i'm not sure why they're not giving us MGS1. And also, they did a remake of MGS on gamecube which was on par if not better than PS2 graphics. So i know they could easily up-rez MGS like the rest. I'm a bit saddened by this, but I'm kind of happy they're doing us Peace Walker, as i never really got into that on PSP. Would be better to play it with a real controller and in HD.

Played Snake Eater back in the day (the original version, not the improved re-issue that came later). It was the first time I used the phrase "meh." It was alright, I liked the story, the bosses were cool (I thoroughly enjoyed the sniper battle with the old guy), I just didn't get into it.

*Shrugs*

some more HD pics:

http://www.andriasan...hd_kojima_pics/

http://gamingeverything.com/?p=7730

http://gamingeverything.com/?p=7682 (video)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which MGS is your favourite?

MGS3. I think it was just so well done. It had so many little things, like all the camo, all the weapons, the radio, healing parts of your body, hunting for food, the stories the nurse and sigint would tell, EVA, young Ocelot, and the bosses especially the whole story behind The Boss ... I did have trouble pulling that trigger at the very end of the game.

Which Boss did you like the most?

The Sorrow, it wasn't a traditional 'fight' but it just had that haunting feel, especially since the 'fight' changes depending on how many people you kill.

Which boss fight was your most epic?

Old Snake vs Liquid Ocelot... when Snake Eater started to play... and then it was "Naked Snake vs Ocelot". I felt a little emotional, and it's just a bare fists fight too.

What location did you like the most?

Shadow Moses. It's just so iconic, especially since I played the demo for MGS1 so many times when I was young.

Your most memorable moment?

There's a few. But I'll just share the funniest one. In MGS2 I really don't remember where but it's fairly far into the game, you're sneaking around and you hear some music and you go into a room and you see a guard with headphones just rocking out, so it's one of those "oooookk.... i'll just back out now" sort of momments lol

Snake Eater looks the best so far in terms of HD'ing. I still can't wait to play Son of Liberty and Peace Walker too though. But also, they have done a good job up-scaling a PSP title imo.

@Envi3 - Nice pics/footage. Even the cockroaches are HD! lol

The collection has been out in the US since early November, but I didn't pick this up until recently.

I've played MGS2 and MGS3 so far. They are pretty amazing. The HD upgrade puts them on par with a lot of games out today, and the games were so advanced when they came out that as far as content/gameplay goes, they don't feel too aged. Even when I tried playing Metal Gear 2, I found it hard to belive that game came out in 1990. MGS2 includes the VR missions and "Snake Tales" so there's lots to do there even if you complete the main story.

I played those games a long time ago, so it was good to play them again and catch everything I missed, especially knowing MGS4. There were a few nostalgic moments, but a lot of it I didn't remember/recall so it was almost like discovering things again.

I find it hard to believe any MGS fan would find a good reason pass out on this collection.

So you completed MG2? But did you complete it on European Extreme?! :P

I still have a little wait for it to come out over here.I still can't wait! Been looking forward to this more than i was for Uncharted 3 and Skyrim. :o Maybe because i knew that they were good games.

So you completed MG2? But did you complete it on European Extreme?! :P

nah, I just did them on Normal. I was going to do them on Hard, but I figured I wanted to be sure I would be done before school started back up again. Normal is still midly challenging though.

I don't think I want to try European Extreme until I memorize everything and get 100% comfortable with the controls. Is it basically Extreme with no rations or is it with game fail on alert? or I guess I can look it up... it seems like it's both. no rations in MGS2 and the alert fail for MGS3. One hit kills too :ph34r:

I usually try to play without shooting anyone (unless I feel I have to tranq someone to make thing a lot easier or I'm in a hurry) or using any equipment (I lol when I come across ammo and stuff like that and I can't pick it up because what i have is full), but I'd hate to not have rations or hiding from alerts to fall back on.

I just started playing it, and realized that each game has its own trophy list and platinum trophies. :mellow: cool.

yeah, I think I remember seeing MGS2 has a trophy for collecting all the dog tags... meaning you would beed to play ALL the difficulties at least once to get them. I'm not really a trophy kind of person so I have no problem with not trying to get all the trophies.

Yeah, I'm more appreciative of trophies these days. I used to whore them, when they were first introduced. Now i only get them if i get them. Being able to achieve trophies for some of my old favourite games is a bonus though.

I hope the GTA Classics will have trophy support, just for the fact i love GTA so much, i will eventually get all the trophies for them.

Snake Eater was fun. I'm three quarters through it at the moment, it's still as good as i remember it. But i still liked the first MGS the most, and wish they HD'd it for all of us, not just the Japanese.

Snake Eater was fun. I'm three quarters through it at the moment, it's still as good as i remember it. But i still liked the first MGS the most, and wish they HD'd it for all of us, not just the Japanese.

did they really? I thought it was just a download code so you can get it off the PSN.

... and this topic reminds me I haven't played through Peace Walker, yet. It's the only MGS game I've never played before.

I've finished Snake eater now and started on Peace Walker. I'm playing them in t he timeline order so i understand the story a little clearer. Man, it feels weird going from SE to PW, the controls and graphics feel so weird!