The Mad Dooby

Minecraft

I jumped on the minecraft bandwagon purely to mod it.

I've started making my own texture pack codename 'Circles'.

I made my own character skin using my own face scaled down to pixel level and then refined.

post-28-0-52595200-1344953134.png

post-28-0-02862600-1344953200.png

I've just found the most amazing server that I've ever seen on Minecraft. A very large creative collective have made a world called WesterosCraft - A Game of Blocks. If you're a fan then you'll already know this is a Game of Thrones themed server. But the amazing thing about it is not the theme, but they've actually captured the entire province of Westeros in one server, and we're talking pretty much real world scale! :o

This is the continent of Westeros from Game of Thrones:

Map_Westeros_Political.gif

This is what their overall map looks like:

http://mc.westeroscraft.com:8123/

And here are some beautiful images of some of the locations:

5.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

6.jpg

Link: http://mc.westeroscraft.com/press.html

I'm completely gobsmacked with the sheer size of this dedicated server. I've spent hours just roaming it looking at all the creations. I really can't wait until it's finished, so i can finally play some survival mode on it. I think i'll live in this server.

Server IP: mc.westeroscraft.com

You guys will love it. once this is map/mod is finished i think i'll clock more hours n this than i did on Skyrim for sure. If you guys do go and have a look, be sure to warp to Dragonstone, it's just amazing.

Ended up playing that night. I derped at first, forgot to download their texture pack beforehand and walked around in a sea of well-built dullness for three minutes, then downloaded the texture pack and went back in.

First of all, I will never go back to the default textures. Never. This is my texture pack until the end of time, shit is epic. I went into my single player files and was blown away by my own builds. These textures make anything look good. Once I actually got onto their server, I died of shock and was resurrected by epicness. The screenshots are brilliant, but it doesn't compare to actually walking through one of these cities. I warped to Sunspear first, because desert. Amazing, of course. The prison was the highlight, but having not read the books and having huge gaps in my watching of the show, I have no idea who the two large cells at the top are home to.

Alright, I'm tired of typing. Gonna go play some more.

Ended up playing that night. I derped at first, forgot to download their texture pack beforehand and walked around in a sea of well-built dullness for three minutes, then downloaded the texture pack and went back in.

First of all, I will never go back to the default textures. Never. This is my texture pack until the end of time, shit is epic. I went into my single player files and was blown away by my own builds. These textures make anything look good. Once I actually got onto their server, I died of shock and was resurrected by epicness. The screenshots are brilliant, but it doesn't compare to actually walking through one of these cities. I warped to Sunspear first, because desert. Amazing, of course. The prison was the highlight, but having not read the books and having huge gaps in my watching of the show, I have no idea who the two large cells at the top are home to.

Alright, I'm tired of typing. Gonna go play some more.

Sunspear is beautiful. It's amazing how much detail and scale they've manage to pack into a cube based environment really... I might try and apply to become a builder in this world, I think I'll enjoy some crafting with a decent theme in mind.

I'm not too sure man, I've only ever played it on PC. I have a similar issue though when I'm logged in on another PC, it wont let me play multiplayer if I'm logged in more than once basically... I dunno if that's any help to you though.

icon11.gif

sure man. we'll check it out

got a huge cave mining camp goin on in a server my cousin is running. its fucking huge. blocked off areas so enemies dont come from behind. we open them and mine a big in an area one at a time. man creepers actually scare the shit out of me when you turn around and their right in your face

I've been building a desert city on and off for a few months. It's looking alright, but nowhere near done. I use the same texture pack as the guys who did the Game of Thrones map, the style fits the city well. The blacksmith wants to know why his forge is filled with green lava, though.

Dup I want gang rape.

Seriously I‘ve had this game for years now and only ever fucked around on single player. I‘d really like somebody to show me how to work the other features. Also I haven‘t figured out texture packs since the new launcher came out.

Also I haven‘t figured out texture packs since the new launcher came out.

They don't work anymore. You have to wait for your texture pack of choice to be updated to a resource pack. I couldn't bear to look at my map until they updated Westeroscraft.

I've found texture packs that actually made the game lag. The graphics are simple for a reason, clearly. Hard to handle randomly generated terrain and all that other shit alongside hi res textures.

Looking at my desert map, it's only about 20% done. Long way to go before it's worth showing.