Massacre

Assassin's Creed

I don't even remember who plays Assassin's Creed besides bOnEs and myself, but here's the topic.

And here's a six-minute excerpt from Assassin's Creed: Revelations. It's fucking awesome.

• Like 2

Much as I've enjoyed being Ezio for two games, soon to be three, I'm looking forward to either getting a new character in a new time period, or just playing as Desmond in modern-day, regardless of the city. If they don't go fully modern-day, I'd like Assassin's Creed III to be set in Japan. Though, I wonder if the Yakuza would be Templar or Assassin-allied.

I don't know if I'm going to be getting this on day 1, since it releases on the same day as Saints Row 3, and only three days after Skyrim. It all depends on what the pre-order bonus is like. I'm actually considering putting Skyrim off, since I don't know if I'll be able to get my computer upgraded by then. The November release schedule is fucked. At least Gears 3 comes out in September.

• Like 1

I ordered Assassins Creed Brotherhood while I'm here, so I've got that to play when I get home. Loved the first and 2nd game.

I played Assassin's Creed 1 a long time ago when it first came out and I only got Assassin's Creed II about 2-3 months ago and I just barely did the DLC for it recently, so I'm looking to move onto Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood pretty soon.

[EDIT] I just watched that gameplay for Revelations and it looks pretty bad ass. I have to wonder why there was no HUD and no way of knowing that to do next, but it's probably something that will be in the full game and this was just a clip to show off.

Edited by ENVi3

They usually play without the HUD for demos, makes it look more cinematic.

I guess it's just something I've never really noticed before.

I enjoyed 1 & 2. but i was a bit sceptical about buying brotherhood so close after 2 came out, and the fact it was still ezio kind of put me off playing it. Is brotherhood a full length game and is it worth playing, coz if it is, i will get it? I do love Assassin's Creed as a whole, but the facts i mentioned did put me off a little.

I'd like Assassin's Creed III to be set in Japan. Though, I wonder if the Yakuza would be Templar or Assassin-allied.

Yes! That would be a nice change of scenery from renaissance Italy, a ninja would fit perfectly as the role of an assassin because that's what they are. :ermm: I would like there to be more of a day/night cycle in the third game, I can imagine running across the rooftops bathed in the glow of the moonlight, with the character's elongated shadow perpetually chasing him. Fighting a group of samurai would be epic too.

I enjoyed 1 & 2. but i was a bit sceptical about buying brotherhood so close after 2 came out, and the fact it was still ezio kind of put me off playing it. Is brotherhood a full length game and is it worth playing, coz if it is, i will get it? I do love Assassin's Creed as a whole, but the facts i mentioned did put me off a little.

It's been a while since I played it but I think it's a bit shorter than II, still long enough to be called a full game though. The gameplay has changed slightly from II but nothing major, so it's more of a continuation of the second game, IMO it's worth getting but II is still better.

if you played AC2, you have to at least play brotherhood... it has a fucked up cliffhanger ending... and the game is just more of the same, but combat has been slightly improved and you now have your own fleet of assassins to do your bidding... it's a fun game, just as fun as AC2 IMO... it's also only one city this time, but rome is gigantic so, it's not like there isn't a bunch of places to explore...

but i no longer recommend assassin's creed as purchases... once you beat them, there's virtually no reason to return, unless you want to finish collecting feathers or flags... i bought AC2, but i rented brotherhood... i will be renting revelations as well, the online stuff isn't enough to get me to purchase the game... it's not fun to me...

but the story of abstergo and the ancient story of ezio is really quite original, and it's very engaging... can't wait to see the finale in revelations, as i too hope it's the end of the story of ezio... it's time to move on to someone else, i wouldn't mind romping around anchient egypt or the ming dynasty china...

I'd like Assassin's Creed III to be set in Japan. Though, I wonder if the Yakuza would be Templar or Assassin-allied.

Yes! That would be a nice change of scenery from renaissance Italy, a ninja would fit perfectly as the role of an assassin because that's what they are. :ermm: I would like there to be more of a day/night cycle in the third game, I can imagine running across the rooftops bathed in the glow of the moonlight, with the character's elongated shadow perpetually chasing him. Fighting a group of samurai would be epic too.

And just think about how cool the armor would look. You'd start off with just a loose-fitting white and red ninja outfit, adding more black and gold leather and plate gear as you progress through the different levels of armor. The final Altair's Armor/Armor of Brutus-type legendary armor would be a cross between the traditional assassin's robes and full samurai armor, minus the bulky helmet... But with the epic face guard.

2005.05.0001B.jpg

can't wait to see the finale in revelations, as i too hope it's the end of the story of ezio...

It is, they've already confirmed that. This is the last we'll see of Ezio and Altair.

Ok i just borrowed AC:BH off of a friend. I'll play this at some point and then most likely rent Revelations like bOnEs.

/edit

So far i am impressed. I really liked the intro and how they incorporated Desmond into Ezio's world. Good story development so far. And Roma is looking nice too.

Is there any time limit to use these Revelations beta codes before they expire? I really can't be arsed to try it out yet but I may do in the future.

i am sure the beta only runs for a limited amount of time... like say, maybe a month tops... so you might wanna just download it now and play it when you get the chance... but you'd better do it soon, the brotherhood beta didn't last long...

@Vicey. If you want to ensure a beta code wont expire just type it in on the store and press download then cancel, it will stay in your download history so you can just download it any time you want. - I know you're not interested in this one, but keep that in mind for any future betas.

@Vicey. If you want to ensure a beta code wont expire just type it in on the store and press download then cancel, it will stay in your download history so you can just download it any time you want. - I know you're not interested in this one, but keep that in mind for any future betas.

Wouldn't they shut off the servers hosting the beta after a time though?

Wouldn't they shut off the servers hosting the beta after a time though?

Yeah i guess after the beta period was over.

Love AC, I never finished the 1st one ( the faceless people creeped me out) but the second and third were amazing. Brotherhood the best, the ability to have other assassins I really liked. I find the charcter ezio rather attractive, I no they won't continue with him tho. Bring on November 15th

Love AC, I never finished the 1st one ( the faceless people creeped me out) but the second and third were amazing. Brotherhood the best, the ability to have other assassins I really liked. I find the charcter ezio rather attractive, I no they won't continue with him tho. Bring on November 15th

There hasn't been a third yet.