Massacre

Assassin's Creed

i don't even think there will be any william parts, i think they might be doing away with the modern day storyline... we'll see, but desmond's story was all wrapped up, he saved the world, the moment all the games led up to... now i think they're gonna just let loose and explore history more...

so i pre-ordered this because i couldn't pass up the chance to get my hands on a todd mcfarlane art piece...

post-24-0-33766900-1362439212_thumb.jpg

looks good :thumbup:... and it's HUGE, 24x36... really goes well with all the other pirate stuff hanging up on my walls in my house... i really love pirates, this new game may have just made my day/month/year...

IGN put up their videos... the developer one is a good one...

http://www.ign.com/a...-creed-4-reveal

recap-ish article...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/04/the-dawn-of-assassins-creed-iv-black-flag

AC1 is the best.

I thing AC2 is still the best but AC1 is second, the gameplay often was repetitive which brings it down a little for me. Also, Desmond looked the coolest in that one. He slowly started looking weirder as the series progressed.

I'm sure this one will still have a modern day protagonist with the new objective being to stop Juno. But it wouldn't be too surprising if they decided to go with something like bOnEs said.

I touched AC MP once in Brotherhood or Revelations and never looked at it again.

Agreed, Multiplayer is just a wasted aspect and a complete waste of time for the developers of AC.

AC1 is the best.

I thing AC2 is still the best but AC1 is second, the gameplay often was repetitive which brings it down a little for me. Also, Desmond looked the coolest in that one. He slowly started looking weirder as the series progressed.

I'm sure this one will still have a modern day protagonist with the new objective being to stop Juno. But it wouldn't be too surprising if they decided to go with something like bOnEs said.

they are going with what i said... did none of you read or watch the videos i posted from IGN??

facepalm.jpg?w=420

"Another stumbling point of the AC franchise: the modern storyline. Though an afterthought in the minds of many, the Assassin’s Creed saga focuses a great deal on the contemporary conflict between Assassins and Templars. Until ACIII, that part of the storyline was told through Desmond Miles. With Desmond’s story concluded, Ubisoft was left searching for another way to continue the tale in 2013. It’s doing this by making you, the player, part of the narrative. Though details were purposefully left vague, you are a person hired by Templar-controlled Abstergo Entertainment to research a pivotal moment in Desmond’s ancestry. You’re told to look into Edward Kenway – and away you go.

Ubisoft is attempting to find the delicate balance between the game’s Caribbean setting – where the bulk of the game takes place – and its modern counterpart, where a significant amount of lore is held. The team hopes that it can incentivize hardcore Assassin’s Creed fans to step outside the world of pirates and explore the Abstergo facility, by providing a variety of unnamed activities and information as a means of reward."

i disagree with them about the modern day being disconnected and boring... but for those that liked it, i guess we're in the minority..

I also disagree...the modern day story wasn't boring at all, Desmond and the Animus was a great vehicle to launch you into the past. Being some faceless Abstergo flunky sounds too much like the multiplayer set-up from Brotherhood (was it?)...which I didn't like at all.

The pirate element and new location sounds fantastic. As long as this game doesn't have the rushed, unpolished feel that made ACIII somewhat disappointing at times.

While they obviously didn't get the modern day stuff right until 3 (those missions were incredible), I do hope there's still a substantial amount of modern day content in future games.

I hope this Abstergo thing goes somewhere. A series of games focusing more on the Templars would be nice; 3 certainly made me more interested in them.

they are going with what i said... did none of you read or watch the videos i posted from IGN??

Nope.

The Abstergo guy will probably change his mind about the Assassins, after living ones life, and betray Abstergo then you have your new modern protagonist.

Anyone else think Kenway kind of looks like Boromir?

They can't just delve into Edward Kenway for no reason. The first couple of games was about the apple, then the temple and then the key to the temple.

I'll be annoyed if there isn't a good reason to 'visit' Edward Kenways life.

An interesting read.

http://www.polygon.c...-black-flag-ac4

THE SHIPS

By Emily Gera

Edward Kenway might be taking the lead as Black Flag's assassin, but his ship is being described as the secondary character ofAssassin's Creed 4.

While Assassin's Creed 3 was the first in the franchise to initially introduce ship mechanics, Black Flag pushes ocean combat and exploration into the center of the series and turns it into an even more significant feature in this game. This vessel is Kenway's primary means of travel and his only means of survival against enemy galleons throughout this meditation on naval warfare.

Like its predecessor, Assassin's Creed 4 will allow players to customize and upgrade their ship with additional cannon and improved defenses to take on foes of increasing difficulty; however, ship customization becomes all the more important in Black Flag.

The open-world design of Assassin's Creed 4 offers players the chance to explore their way across the Caribbean without the traditional barriers of loading screens. Instead, Ubisoft has adopted a Metroid-like design philosophy that will make accessing certain areas extremely difficult without first beefing up Kenway's vessel with upgrades found using Black Flag's ship customization system in order to prepare it for the battles to come.

Open world design. Ships. Now I'm interested.

He also said the open-ended assassinations, which felt all but stripped from AC3, will return.

Yes

Edward Kenway will have new abilities fit for the larger, more aquatic world. He will be the first hero that can swim deep underwater, customize his ship and hunt whales. There is no clearer evidence the Assassin's Creed series has ballooned in scope than the words "hunt whales."

OH GOD YES

He says the game will include varied locales, including jungles, temples, fishing villages, plantations, Mayan ruins, the Coconut Islands, hidden coves, underwater shipwrecks, pirate-controlled ports, British colonial towns and of course beaches.

*jizzes*

• Like 2

yea, harpooning was one of the big things that got my attention yesterday... plus the complete open world and the talk of over 50 locations... i'm sold, i really am... this sounds like the pirate game i have been wanting for years... they must be reading shit i post on the internet...

Aye aye, Cap'n bOnEs, they've been stalking you!

Open world, underwater shipwrecks...okay, I'm intrigued. The locations sound fantastic. Side mission: find the Fountain of Youth?

The fact that the PETA asshole's example of a gamer was a guy in his mother's basement freed me from any obligation to respect or acknowledge the opinion of anyone who works for PETA.

Not that I ever respected or acknowledged their opinions to begin with.

HBW, you're a metal motherfucker. Gather the others for brutal whaling. We sail at dawn.

What was that game about killing rats that Peta got mad about? Same shit, they can't really do anything except whine about videogames when there are probably more pressing issues in the world going on related to animals.

Do they seriously think playing this game will make me abandon my life to become a whale hunter?

oh, you say peta is upset about whaling? ...and not a fuck was given...

"In Assassin's Creed 4, you get ahead by killing. Joe Shmoe who plays this game in his mother's basement in the safety and comfort of his home will feel a sense of accomplishment by killing this whale."

wow, fuck you peta for stereotyping video gamers... now i can't wait to kill a whale just for that comment...

PETA must have a new branch, People for the ethical Treatment of Digital Animals. They protest about the leather Connor was wearing in ACIII, and all the chunky, bloody skinning animations from hunting in RDR. R* will have to remove Chop and any other dogs from GTAV for fear of retribution, they'll be splashing buckets of blood all over your nearest Gamestop/EB Games display next.

The fact that the PETA asshole's example of a gamer was a guy in his mother's basement freed me from any obligation to respect or acknowledge the opinion of anyone who works for PETA.

Not that I ever respected or acknowledged their opinions to begin with.

HBW, you're a metal motherfucker. Gather the others for brutal whaling. We sail at dawn.

Considering whaling was conducted in my town up until the 70's, I'm sure there's something laying around somewhere we can use for harpooning. I'll set sail for the US west coast tomorrow. I should be there in 6-8 months.

I think I'm going to wait on this pre-order, because if they announce a special edition with a pirate flag and another statue I'm sold. Unless I can upgrade my preorder like Gamestop said I could with GTA V if a special edition happens to come out.

yea, i'll upgrade my pre-order if one of the collectors editions look good... but pre-order now before they run out of the mcfarlance posters if you're sure you're gonna get this... and if you change your mind, i think you can transfer your pre-order to something else...