Massacre

Assassin's Creed

revelations story was great, mainly due to the same reasons me and massacre liked it... the desmond and altair parts... otherwise, gameplay-wise, ACII is still the best even though other games after it perfected it... it was the original WOW factor that makes it still memorable...

i guess my order would be; ACII, revelations, ACIII, brotherhood, AC... brotherhood felt exactly the same as ACII... it was a way to stretch the story out one more game before giving the characters a proper send off... like most movie trilogies, the 2nd one sucks... yes i know there are exceptions, i wasn't talking about those...

to each their own is how that saying goes :D... we all like things for a different reason...

ahh fuck, i was too anxious to wait so i watched the leaked trailer...

BLACKBEARD!! he's even frightened by kenway, the most fearless of them all... wow, we might have an antagonist-type on our hands... either that, or he trusts blackbeard and told him of his secrets, and in all honesty, blackbeard was loved by his crew and those that knew him...

this is near the end of blackbeard's run though, kenway could even be the reason for the mutiny on queen ann's revenge, hence the scene where he's talking to his crew below the deck... or maybe he's just swapping tales with the crew...

wowza, i didn't expect that... then again, i was blown away by the ACIII debut trailer... only time tell, but holy shit, this is something to look forward to... too bad GTAV will probably get in the way, or maybe this will get in the way of GTAV... hmm...

I have to assume that this was born out of the fact that most people, like me, liked Haythem more than Connor in AC3. I'm certainly more interested in this than Connor's story.

Hell, I would've liked a Brotherhood-/Revelations-sized prequel centered around Haythem and the Templars.

The pre-Connor Kenway Family. There's your new trilogy, Ubisoft.

yea... true dat... it feels like connor was the end of the line with the events that unfolded in ACIII for desmond to me... but perhaps to secure the future on the assassins order, it's to tap back into the past to find the rest of the pieces of eden through desmond's pops... how many do they have? 3 or 4??

it's cool it's a pirates tale though, and not a colonial one... although, many famous pirates retired from the life to be politicians, so there's always the chance that kenway does the same...

Have you all noticed that every time a new assassins creed is announced there is always a "leak". I think Ubisoft does it on purpose.

one of the leads at ubisoft montreal tweeted, "leaker than the titanic" lol... yea, it always happens, but then again, with a team of probably over 300 working on the game, it doesn't surprise me... between that and gamestop employees, it's hard to keep things under wraps...

it's amazing how R* manages to do it...

^^HD version of the trailer...

- open world/open mission style too
- 60% land missions/40% sea missions
- over 50 locations to discover and explore
- 3 main cities: havana, nassau, and kingston
- ship is named, 'Jack Dog'
- crew, ship, and main character fully upgradable
- harpooning
- kenway is charismatic, aggressive, boastful, a little ruthless... grew up poor
- recruited by the assassins, plays a tricky balance between helping the creed and being a pirate
- 6 total weapons carried, 4 pistols and 2 swords, any combination can be used in combat
- no modern day desmond stuff :(
- no muliplayer naval battles :angry:

that's about all i gathered from the IGN reveal... they played a video from one of the lead designers going over numerous things, i'll post a link when it's available... i think they also have an interview article coming out today...

- no modern day desmond stuff :(

How's that going to work? We just get thrown straight into the past storyline without any context as to what we're doing there? Also, if there's no Desmond then who is reliving these memories? Or are they just doing away with the animus and setting the game entirely in the 18th century?

Also, I am assuming the protag is British. That won't bode well because as far as the rest of the world is concerned Britain isn't cool.

AC1 is the best.

Not at all, ACII was by far the best. Stop trying to be so hipster.

Anyway, AC4 looks pretty cool I must say. but then again, so did ACIII, which in my opinion isn't that great of a game at all. I've not even finished it yet, and AC IV has already been announced. Usually I finish AC games within a few days/weeks, this one has taken me months because I just haven't felt like playing it.

Also, I am assuming the protag is British. That won't bode well because as far as the rest of the world is concerned Britain isn't cool.

It's not. But the Kenways are pretty cool. Except Connor.

yes, he's british, but he's a pirate... it doesn't matter about nationality when it comes to that... probably later in his life though, he'll spend more time in europe but for now he's a pirate...

apparently the animus is still active, only now it's YOU playing in the past... it's what i hear they did with the AC liberations on PS vita... when you start up the game, it says something like "welcome to abstergo entertainment"... you can now relive the past... but what the hell about the pieces of eden?? were they all collected in ACIII? i don't recall...

my biggest disappointment was hearing the news that naval battles won't be in multiplayer... if there was one thing that could of possibly saved their piece of shit approach to online, it would of been PvP dog fights in the caribbean... now i am almost certain it will be more of the same sneak around and kill targets, which is boring...

William Miles is a descendent of the Kenway family, so it is a possibility he could be jumping into the animus in this new game.

As for the out of animus storyline, who knows. It should be interesting though.