Massacre

Assassin's Creed

i'm getting there, i'm on sequence 10 finally... been spending a lot of time on homestead missions and side stuff in the cities...

i got a question, how the hell does shipping work? when i send out a caravan, i only make $25 or so, not worth the effort... also, i just found out i had an assassin recruit to send on missions... how do i recruit more??

:bones: <{iphucked this post!! }

i'm getting there, i'm on sequence 10 finally... been spending a lot of time on homestead missions and side stuff in the cities...

i got a question, how the hell does shipping work? when i send out a caravan, i only make $25 or so, not worth the effort... also, i just found out i had an assassin recruit to send on missions... how do i recruit more??

You recruit more Assassins by doing liberation missions in each district, you have to do three of each particular one and then a special mission for the recruit. There are six districts in total (three in Boston three in New York) so six recruits.

Shipping depends on what you send, you can only send to merchants you have discovered previously - there are three in the frontier, three in Boston and three in New York. Different merchants will pay less or more for specific goods. But watch the risk percentage, if it's high then your convoy will be attacked, you can apparently go and defend them but i've never bothered as it only happened to me once. Later on you can get naval convoys that ship to other places in the world, these tend to have more capacity and pay a lot more for goods. To start out with though I found the most lucrative item was beaver pelts. I'm sure though that the game differentiates between pelts you have bought from your homestead and ones you have collected yourself through hunting.

Oh and to craft more valuable items you have to collect almanac pages.

ahh, i've been doing all sorts of liberation missions... i guess i ought to head back and see if i've done enough to appease them...

still doesnt sound like convoys are worth my time, i'll just stick to hunting and selling pelts and shit... i found a bear respawning spot...

One thing I find a bit clunky is having to pick caravan items one by one. If I'm gonna sell beaver pelts, I'd like to just sell my whole inventory in one go. The big money is on items you have crafted from recipes, whereas most raw materials go for much less. Ship masts and barrels fetch a high price too, from what I've unlocked so far.

You can access the menu from a ledger on the main floor in your homestead, as well as any store (not the trader caravans). You'll see three options: the stockpile of inventory (with what you've collected plus what raw materials you've unlocked for purchase thru homestead missions), the crafting menu (where you access the recipes you found in chests) and finally a caravan dispatch. You have to have specific people and ingredients unlocked before you can craft certain items.

bleh, i doubt i'll mess with that crafting bullshit now... i beat the game last night, and if i ever pick it up again, it's to finish all the side stuff for the trophies, and maybe craft if i feel like it... i have never been so frustrated with a game until i played the last couple of sequences of AC3...

the story was cool, and i started to like connor near the end of the game, he got quite forceful and confident, but the janky controls really ruined the end for me... this game is in need of some serious polish, and it's gonna take another couple of games to get it right, kinda like how revelations felt so fluid... but yea, i got pissed off too many times near the end... but that's not a knock on the ending though, i thought it was pretty badass...

when connor and charles lee sat down at the bar together and shared a drink, just before connor stabbed him, was one of the coolest endings to a video game... there was a sense of mutual respect because of how hard of a fight it was for both men... it took it's toll, as you could see in the ensuing cutscenes with connor limping around...

as for the new mohawk haircut, you do realize it's because he became the leader of the mohawk tribe right?? the war paint and the haircut is what the tribe leader wore, before connor was forced to kill him of course ;)... i like it...

and the whole haytham portion to start the game was brilliant... i am sitting here running around, realizing after a while that i was actually playing connors father, and when he started flirting with the tribal girl, it backed up my assumption... but the twist at the end of his sequences was one hell of one.. the templars infiltrated assassin bloodline, pretty interesting actually... i wonder if they plan on exploring that more, because, i don't think haytham was the first to join the templars...

if this game didn't frustrate me so much, i might of really really enjoyed it... the controls just sucked balls at times... it felt like every time i was chasing someone, connor decides to grab a window ledge or climb a fence or do something other than run down an alley... once i figured out combat with countering, it got better... but still, it was very clunky... horse riding sucked, and sadly you needed to ride a horse a lot with the boring and lengthy travel...

the real saving grace for me was naval combat... i had a blast with it, and since i still have epilogue stories to finish, and cap'n kidds stuff, i'll probably work on those too... i am going to go pick up hitman shortly, but i will finish up the epilogue before i play that...

but yea, i doubt i'll play much of this game again... i am definitely not playing the story, that's for sure... i've yelled at the TV enough times playing this game, i am not about to do that again...

The thing that annoys me is when Connor stands next to a knee high obstacle - normally a rock - yet he does the palms against wall animation and when you try to step over the object he runs up an invisible wall that's a lot taller than the object and falls back down again, it's especially annoying when i'm in the middle of freerunning and he stops dead in his tracks.

yea, connor always seemed to get stopped by the dumbest things... one time i was on top of a pile of ropes or something and he wouldn't jumped down one foot to get off them... so many times while freerunning, connor would just leap in the opposite direction off of the line of trees or off a building... the controls were too touchy, connor felt like grabbing onto everything in his path or leaping sharply in the direction you were "slightly" pointing the camera towards...

like i said, i am glad the naval battles were epic fun, and hunting had it's moments too... and i can't forget about the desmond parts, those were some of the highlights of the game... i am ready to start playing hitman here for the next month though, goodbye colonial america...

Season Pass DLC is out now!

We are very pleased to announce the Hidden Secrets Pack, the first downloadable content for Assassin's Creed III!

The Hidden Secrets Pack is NOW AVAILABLE for Season Pass owners, and will become broadly available for purchase on Windows PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 next week (and WiiU at a later date).

The Hidden Secrets DLC Pack adds three extra missions (some including our critically acclaimed naval warfare gameplay):

The Lost Mayan Ruins = Saw Tooth Cutless

The Ghost of War = Pontaic War Club

A Dangerous Secret = Flintlock Musket

You'll also receive:

Two single-player costumes - the Captain of the Aquila and the Colonial Assassin to round out your collection in the Homestead Manor

Two additional multiplayer characters - the Redcoat and the Sharpshooter.

http://forums.ubi.co...684#post8763684

Glad I took a break from the game and can get back into the storyline with the Colonial BADASSassin outfit.

i always wanted to wear the aquila outfit around boston... sucks that it was only available during the naval missions... i am letting a friend borrow this right now, but there's a few naval battles included in this pack, so i might get it if it's reasonably priced...

kind of retarded to include the pre-order bonus in the pack though, that's a reward for those that bought it day one... i feel ripped off that i have to pay for that mission when i already have it... fail...

i might still not get this though, i was pretty let down with AC3... not sure if i want to play it again...

Just finished the main storyline game and some side missions.

Overall the game was decent especially some of the main story missions but there was too many cutscenes and the main battles were not that great (apart from the ones with Israel Putnam, they were nice).

I liked the twist with starting off with Haythaml, especially as we find out he is a Templar.

The ending was quite disappointing though but I guess that had to happen for a new assassins creed to come out, probably on the next gen consoles now.

To me though some of the stuff is quite complicated in the game especially the economy of Homestead, I still haven't figured it out.

Edited by Massacre
Spoilers...

Meh.

I have entirely forgotten about AC3.

*Plays Skyrim*

Agreed.

*plays Skyrim also*

Connor who?

*plays Skyrim*

Good things come in threes.

my friend borrowed this game a month ago and i completely forgot about it... who cares about this game anymore... it's just like all the other AC games, once you beat it, you never need to play it again...