Massacre

Assassin's Creed

SO WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED? Bullshit ending.

You get a warning if you kill civilians or domestic animals.

For some reason I couldn't kill civilians or domestic animals, every time I go up to try and attack them, he just swings his weapon around... very odd.

So I completed the game a few days ago, the ending for me was very underwhelming, Connor's story didn't really get wrapped up.

However I did like the bit working with Haytham, even if it was a bit weird an Assassin and a Templar working together. But given their relationship it's understandable. Who knew at the beginning that Haytham was a Templar? I was suspicious because he never actually mentioned the Assassins by name and his clothing didn't really have any logos on it, apart from a very faded one on the sleeve

Yeah i enjoyed the Haytham parts i found the relationship interesting, especially at the end. I sort of started to understand the Templar's a little better. I felt that insight was needed. Tbh though i preferred Haytham to Connor as a character and i'm not sure if that was intentional or not

Yea Haytham was a far better character than Connor on the whole. On another note, anyone else disappointed with the ending? It's like Ubisoft were in competition with Bioware to compete with the worst trilogy ending award.

he is a former assassin i believe

On another note, anyone else disappointed with the ending? It's like Ubisoft were in competition with Bioware to compete with the worst trilogy ending award.

They ended it like that because the story isn't over. They finished their 2012 part, which was the goal. They never said the story in general was over, and the way they ended it doesn't seem like it could be. If Desmond is half the deus ex machina he was made out to be, he'll have survived.

They did more than one with Ezio because people liked Ezio. Connor wasn't as warmly received. I didn't know shit about Altair until Revelations, and I still like him more than I like Connor.

so i am about to fire up AC3 for a few hours... am i missing something with figthing?? last night i still ran into the same fight, i counter every attack, throwing that guy to the ground, only to get ready to counter the next guy... over and over i am throwing guys to the ground to try and sneak in a ground kill before the next guy tries to attack me... am i missing a button combo that turns a counter into a devestating combo kill that i can string together?? what is going on here??

if this is the jizz of it, i don't like the new combat system anymore... it's dull and turning into the same thing every fight...

X disarms or stuns, depending on, uh, I think what weapon you're using, or what weapon they're using. Not sure. Either way, hitting X mid-counter, or whenever you have an opening, should give you the chance to get a nice kill streak going.

so i am about to fire up AC3 for a few hours... am i missing something with figthing?? last night i still ran into the same fight, i counter every attack, throwing that guy to the ground, only to get ready to counter the next guy...

I've had no trouble getting long killstreaks going, with a beautiful variety of different kills, the french axe has some grisly finishing moves.

Counter then triangle is throw, counter then x is disarm, counter then square is kill, then square again on your next target starts the killstreak. I only use throw to toss them off the edge of cliffs/boats/roofs or into a firing squad. Sounds like you're stuck in a loop of doing ground kills, and that does get old.

In general, I'm a bit surprised at the derpy, bad glitches that pop up from time to time. I wonder if those could/will get cleaned up in an update once DLC starts rolling out.

so i am about to fire up AC3 for a few hours... am i missing something with figthing?? last night i still ran into the same fight, i counter every attack, throwing that guy to the ground, only to get ready to counter the next guy...

I've had no trouble getting long killstreaks going, with a beautiful variety of different kills, the french axe has some grisly finishing moves.

Counter then triangle is throw, counter then x is disarm, counter then square is kill, then square again on your next target starts the killstreak. I only use throw to toss them off the edge of cliffs/boats/roofs or into a firing squad. Sounds like you're stuck in a loop of doing ground kills, and that does get old.

In general, I'm a bit surprised at the derpy, bad glitches that pop up from time to time. I wonder if those could/will get cleaned up in an update once DLC starts rolling out.

yup, i am still having that issue... as soon as he counters, he immediately throws the enemy to the ground, no matter what other button i push... it's kinda of frustrating, not knowing how to fix the issue... i thought it was a timing thing but that didn't help either...

so i finally got a good long session in on this game, took the day off cause i was sick *ahem cough ehem not really*... i made it through sequence 8 and the desmond sequence... those were pretty cool if i might say so... the desmond parts are really interesting all of a sudden, perhaps it has to do with the locations... i felt trapped in revelations, being stuck in the animus for most of the game... it was refreshing to get out there and see some new locations...

also, sequence 8 was rather interesting, and a nice change of pace from the rest of the game... i mean it was still colonial america, but it was different gmaeplay from the rest of the game... and the sequence that lead up to that one was equally impressive... the war is in full bloom and it's pretty sweet!!

also, did a few more pirate naval missions too... those are really fucking awesome, i am gonna make sure i play them all before i finish this story...

so i am about to fire up AC3 for a few hours... am i missing something with figthing?? last night i still ran into the same fight, i counter every attack, throwing that guy to the ground, only to get ready to counter the next guy... over and over i am throwing guys to the ground to try and sneak in a ground kill before the next guy tries to attack me... am i missing a button combo that turns a counter into a devestating combo kill that i can string together?? what is going on here??

if this is the jizz of it, i don't like the new combat system anymore... it's dull and turning into the same thing every fight...

O to counter, slows down time so you can select which action you want to take (if you're that slow to choose an action anyway.) If they are regulars you can square to counter kill, then just mash square to combo kill the next ones too. If you press O and aim in a direction with the analog stick it will throw them, I never use that unless i'm near water, X disarms or stuns the target, good for grenadiers and officers as you can't counter kill them. You can also press triangle mid counter to use your ranged weapons, nice when Connor grabs them in a headlock and blows their brains out at point blank range. If you're facing Jaegers the only thing that works against them is being unarmed and disarming their weapon or using ranged weaponry (rope darts are especially good to pull them to the floor and go in quick with a blade as it doesn't waste ammo.)

I'm assuming you know when their reticule has a red triangle it means they are attacking and you should press O to counter. You can do this while you are in the process of killing your previous victim. Oh and when two targets attack at the same time you can get a nice weapon-specific double kill.

I nearly forgot this, but in the previous AC games I seem to remember you had to hold R1 to fight, in this you don't, so if you are holding R1 that's where you're going wrong. It confused me at first but I soon picked it up.

(Adding bits as i'm going along as i'm playing at the moment:) Grenadiers have a special sweep attack when their reticule turns into a yellow triangle, you can roll out of the way of this with O, after which they are vulnerable to attack briefly, they also tend to knock other enemies down with this attack so you can use it to your advantage.

Also, naval missions are great, but I finished them long ago and they aren't radiant. So if I want to do any more i'll have to use the replay option. I was hoping you could just freeroam at sea and blow shit up. I have only bought half of the upgrades for the Aquila, don't see the point of buying the rest now. All you really need are heated shot, the reinforced wooden hull, extra cannon and maybe the better swivel guns.

I like the Rope Dart as a tool for combat; it is especially helpful with the knives guy, the scottish axe guy and the Jaegars.

I am in the middle of sequence 9, supposed to meet someone in Boston... but I am holding out on the story and focusing on the side missions, homestead and peg leg mostly. I did all of the Boston Liberation missions the other night and will finish up in NY. I've been trying to get more assassin recruits, didn't realize they were tied to the liberation missions. I have started expermenting with recipes and crafting other items from the log book. Is there a log book on the homestead somewhere that I am missing?

For crafting and trading? I'm not sure, I know there's a book in the manor. But I don't think it's for that. The Scottish axe guys are grenadiers BTW, and the knives guys I think are the agiles replacement from previous AC games, although they are easier to beat as they don't resist combo kills.

yea, i realized what my problem was with combat all this time... it's not the block as you suggested, viceman... it was the fact that i was button mashing circle over and over, even after a successful counter... i learned how to slow myself down in combat and focus on the hit at hand... i pulled off a couple of devestating kills after that... made me wonder how i missed that in the tutorials...

and now that you mentioned the triangle counter, i will be keeping my pistol handy for that one... i guess all i had to do was ask, and my fellow brotherhood here was quick to give pointers... i'd recruit you all if i had a cause to recruit for :(...

i've been scratching away at the naval stuff every now and then... i know it's not the focal point of connor's story so i know there's not a lot to do there... so i am just pacing myself i guess :D...

one thing that is driving me nuts it trying to get away from enemies... because colonial america is soo wide open, it makes sneaking away so damn hard... i found myself once, running around, taking back alleys, trying to hide in brush or crowds, only to find myself spotted right away... i once literally ran around for 10 minutes trying to shake pursuers... and when i stopped to fight a few, more joined in... it could be a new york thing, but damn...

i was even on an important mission where i was chasing someone, right before sequence 8, and i chased that mother fucker around in circles or twenty minutes... every time i got close i got stuck on a fence or wall that connor decided to climb... i even ambushed him and the only time i caught him was when he got caught up in a traveling merchant carriage...

this game seriously still needs some work... sadly, we'll get another 3 beta tests before they move on to something else...

i was even on an important mission where i was chasing someone, right before sequence 8, and i chased that mother fucker around in circles or twenty minutes... every time i got close i got stuck on a fence or wall that connor decided to climb... i even ambushed him and the only time i caught him was when he got caught up in a traveling merchant carriage...

Haha is that the mission where you have to chase Hickey? I too chased him round the same circuit for about 10 minutes, the instructions weren't very clear, they just said "chase him" and I didn't realise you had to tackle him to the ground. I thought after chasing him it would go to a cutscene but it never did, so round and round we went. Suffice to say after 15 attempts and losing him I gave up trying to avoid shoving people and then I thought "hey what if I tackle him?" and lo and behold it worked. I found if you used the rope dart just before the cart pulls across the street it stops him early in the chase so you have a chance to catch up.

If you don't have the Spit Roast achievement yet, i'll tell you how to get it. Acquire a musket from somewhere, either by killing a regular or finding a gun rack, find two or more enemies (standing next to each other ideally) when incognito, walk up behind one of them and kill him with square then while the musket is embedded in his gut press triangle to fire the gun at another enemy.

For some reason, Connor decided to pick up a dead guard's axe instead of looting his corpse. Unlike a musket, he didn't put it down. He sheathed it. Now, just like Captain Kidd's sword in my previous game, I have this awkward-looking gigantic weapon that I will never use sticking out of my side, and I can't un-equip it, or bear to look at the fucking thing, and there isn't a single sword or axe I can replace it with that doesn't look just as stupid. This was half the reason I started a new file in the first place.

Fuck this, game over.

Edit: Oh, Fuckin, A. Hitting triangle with a large weapon while in combat makes Connor drive it into their skull and not pick it back up.

Rant withdrawn.

i bust out the naval axe every now and then, but that too looks out of place walking around since ubisoft decided to turn it sideways so it stands out like a sore thumb... my first big weapon came from looting a redcoat one day... but yea, there should be a way to remove those weapons...

gonna finish this bitch this weekend i hope, because hitman comes out next week... to be honest, if it wasn't for GTAV news, i could of rented this and beat it... i am really not seeing much replayability... the naval battles could be worth playing again, but hunting and the economy are pointless so far... i kill animals to make money, but i only spend it on consumables when a new sequence decides to remove my ammo... and why doesn't my new garb colors reflect in cutscenes?? and the story is decent but i am not too enamored with it...

i am actually not that impressed... it's cool and the story ain't too shabby... but connor's story and the past isn't that interesting anymore, the world is becoming rather plain again... i am actually excited about getting the last artifact to continue desmond's story... he's become the story despite playing such a noble assassin... i can't figure out why i am so disconnected from connor., perhaps it's because it feels like past games with a wilderness to navigate... and even that gets boring to where i just fast-travel after a while...

I get tired of the wilderness because, unlike Skyrim, there's nothing to do in AC's wilderness. Kill an elk? Killed 20 on my way here. Attack a Templar convoy? Why, so I can get less money than I'll get from these elk skins?

Meh.

Fingers crossed for a modern-day AC... one day...

I get tired of the wilderness because, unlike Skyrim, there's nothing to do in AC's wilderness. Kill an elk? Killed 20 on my way here. Attack a Templar convoy? Why, so I can get less money than I'll get from these elk skins?

Meh.

Fingers crossed for a modern-day AC... one day...

I remember the Pom character ( Shaun? ) in the present/future ( whatever it is ) telling Desmond that next time he might be able to go back to the First ( Ancient ) Civilisation and relive one of his ancestor's memories there.

Which seemed kind of interesting to me, because their world is probably much more advanced then Desmond's world ( so it would have new weapons, different enemies and a new way of fighting ).

Although I don't know how they would pull this game world off. It would probably end up being a totally different type of game.

Sad to see i'm not the only one bored with this game, Connor just feels dull and uninteresting despite his background. As Ezio I wanted to explore the world, but as Connor I didn't feel the need to once i'd seen it.

Enjoying the naval missions. Currently collecting the Captain Kidd trinkets to get a few more missions.

I think I hate sequence 8 more than any other part of this game. Mostly because the entire ordeal could have very easily been avoided.

Connor reacts in strange ways, he gets angry for no real reason, especially with Achilles. He seems to have the whole Anakin Skywalker "yo' killed mah mamma now i'mma take it out on the world" thing going on.

Sadly there's only a finite amount of naval missions, they are the one thing I really like about the game and are presented really well; the ambience, the quality of the sea itself. If only they were longer and not just standalone missions, i'd like to be able to sail out of port myself and onto the high seas.

I don't understand why I needed to chase Hickey. Connor had nothing to gain from questioning him, and should have just him in the head the second he ran. I also don't understand why he didn't just kill those guards and go about his business. He's killed hundreds already.