Massacre

Assassin's Creed

I started today. Pretty awesome, except for the fact that I had to install a new PS3 update and update game software which took a few hours. What I found strange is how the game begins up to the 2nd sequence (where I am right now).

I started today. Pretty awesome, except for the fact that I had to install a new PS3 update and update game software which took a few hours. What I found strange is how the game begins up to the 2nd sequence (where I am right now).

How did it take hours. It only took me 1 minute to download and install the entire thing ( it was only like 53 MB or something like that ).

What type of internet connection do you use?

So I completed the game a few days ago, the ending for me was very underwhelming, Connor's story didn't really get wrapped up.

However I did like the bit working with Haytham, even if it was a bit weird an Assassin and a Templar working together. But given their relationship it's understandable. Who knew at the beginning that Haytham was a Templar? I was suspicious because he never actually mentioned the Assassins by name and his clothing didn't really have any logos on it, apart from a very faded one on the sleeve

Yeah i enjoyed the Haytham parts i found the relationship interesting, especially at the end. I sort of started to understand the Templar's a little better. I felt that insight was needed. Tbh though i preferred Haytham to Connor as a character and i'm not sure if that was intentional or not

Connor reacted strangely to some people, I don't know if it was because of his native American upbringing or just his personality, but I didn't really connect to him. Haytham was quite sarcastic and cocky at times. Also at the beginning I was impressed with the opera house bit, I was expecting to jump straight into Connor's story but was pleasantly surprised when that came up. Climbing above the sitting audience and jumping behind the stage with props moving about was funny.

How did it take hours. It only took me 1 minute to download and install the entire thing ( it was only like 53 MB or something like that ).

PS3 system software updates take a long time for me. Probably around an hour, then the ACIII installation took me 15 minutes. I use wireless connection and it's not very close to the router so the strength is like 60%...

Yeah I don't know why it reverts back to the standard colour, I don't remember it doing that in previous games. Also at the end of the game

Connor's outfit has the hood down, and I have to look at his silly mohawk haircut and shiny head. There's no way to put the hood back up as far as I know but luckily you can wear Achilles' old robes which do have the hood.

PS3 system software updates take a long time for me. Probably around an hour, then the ACIII installation took me 15 minutes. I use wireless connection and it's not very close to the router so the strength is like 60%...

No wonder.

I've got a High Speed Cable Connection, and my PS3 is connected directly to the modem with an ethernet cable. I would suggest a setup like this if you want faster system updates and game patch download speeds ( and kick-ass speed for Multiplayer games ).

It's well worth the extra money you have to pay on your monthly bill. Plus the installation is usually free if it's part of a plan for a year or two.

Trust me, my PS3 has a download speed of 23 MB's per second and an upload speed of about 1 MB. It's a little bit less than my computer's 54 MB's per second download speed, but still pretty good. :D

Yeah I was hunting once and this random deer was charging full speed into a tree, and it never moved forward. So I tried to air assassinate it but I missed, and I couldn't kill it any other way so I had to leave it.

Common occurence, animals seem to spawn in objects and often when killed they settle 2ft above the ground. On the Captain Kidd mission one of the wolves spawned in a tree and I couldn't kill it, I managed to run against the tree so much that it triggered the kill but then I got stuck in the tree and had to reload.

You get a warning if you kill civilians or domestic animals.

For some reason I couldn't kill civilians or domestic animals, every time I go up to try and attack them, he just swings his weapon around... very odd.

So I completed the game a few days ago, the ending for me was very underwhelming, Connor's story didn't really get wrapped up.

However I did like the bit working with Haytham, even if it was a bit weird an Assassin and a Templar working together. But given their relationship it's understandable. Who knew at the beginning that Haytham was a Templar? I was suspicious because he never actually mentioned the Assassins by name and his clothing didn't really have any logos on it, apart from a very faded one on the sleeve

Yeah i enjoyed the Haytham parts i found the relationship interesting, especially at the end. I sort of started to understand the Templar's a little better. I felt that insight was needed. Tbh though i preferred Haytham to Connor as a character and i'm not sure if that was intentional or not

Yea Haytham was a far better character than Connor on the whole. On another note, anyone else disappointed with the ending? It's like Ubisoft were in competition with Bioware to compete with the worst trilogy ending award.

On another note, anyone else disappointed with the ending? It's like Ubisoft were in competition with Bioware to compete with the worst trilogy ending award.

They ended it like that because the story isn't over. They finished their 2012 part, which was the goal. They never said the story in general was over, and the way they ended it doesn't seem like it could be. If Desmond is half the deus ex machina he was made out to be, he'll have survived.

this fucking chase shit makes me want to fuck whoevers responsible for this fucking level's daughters eye sockets, then burn him alive and say to his face "optional objective: do not take fire damage", and put him 50 meters from water, and promise to kill him if he shoves anybody on the way there.

Take the lower docks on the left, run along the right at the first group of guards, going around them, then go left and stay left, going to the left of the barrels, jumping to the lower dock at the corner. When you get inside, climb the wreckage to the right, go across the beams, run over the scaffolding, slide under the wall. Chase is easy from there.