Massacre

Assassin's Creed

Man im telling you, im not really liking this game. I think it's just i don't like any of the Assassin's Creed game's, but I thought this one was gonna be different. Guess i was wrong. Oh well i'll beat it by November 5th and trade it in and put money toward's GTA V.

Hey, I was right. Mostly.

Putting this in spoiler tags, since it's sort of spoiler-ish...

More speculation on the vision quest: As I've said before, I didn't play the first game, so I don't know how old Altair was when he started, but Ezio was relatively young when he got pulled into the Assassin/Templar conflict. An interesting possibility for the start of the game is that we could be a young (half) Indian - whose parents are both dead - that recently became old enough to go on his vision quest. While he's on it, instead of the normal vision, where his spirit guide tells him what his role in the tribe will be, he's given a message from Those Who Came Before about the Assassin/Templar conflict in America and how he is meant to be a part of it. He returns to his tribe and tells the shaman what he saw, at which time the story of his parents (both assassins, maybe?) is revealed to him, and he begins his assassin training soon after.

A vision quest is actually done while you're still a kid, because that's when they start training you for your role in the tribe, so there would be an "X years later" sequence, similar to the fast forward from Ezio's birth to him being a young adult.

I was too focused on the Revolution story when I saw the leaked image. I'm much more interested now that I'm thinking of the possible Native American influence on the story.

Well, I am 1/4 Irish. I may have a cousin I need to meet.

Also, being a part of historical moments I actually know about (had to do research with Ezio's adventures) is pretty epic.

I always read the database entries when they pop up, Shaun's dry British humour makes me chuckle. This time, because of reading the Jeff Shaara library books on the American Revolution in advance of the game, I've actually heard of most of these people, and some of the landmarks too. (Y)

i kinda forgot about a lot of them since i never paid much attention in school... knew some of the more prominent names and locations, but even then, you can learn a thing or two from the database entry too... just now reading up on my future 1st mate :lol:...

They barely taught us Canuck history in school, never mind US history...and I studied science, literature and theatre in uni, not history. So it's educational, AND I get to stab redcoats. Fuck yeah.

It's basically a game of cat and mouse. you have a target to kill and you gotta find him while another player is hunting you because your his target.

i found myself numerous times trying to sneak up on someone, only to be stabbed by some complete random person... yea, that's gotta be the same mode that kinda had me confused... what's the point if someone else is tailing you too?? i am surprised people aren't running all over the place...

this game should get me through most of the month of november... then hitman drops on the 20th or 21st... and i am also working on a new vegas file too, so i got a nice run to the end of the year for video games... if i was playing an assassin character in fallout, i'd have a trio of assassins going :lol:...

What are you playing for the beginning of 2013 before GTA V comes out?

Holy shit, this game is amazing. I got it on Tuesday and played a little after work (through sequence 2, i think) and played all day yesterday. The zinger after sequence 3 literally blew my mind. I knew something was up, and figured it was something else, but man - they got me. First time a twist has really surprised me.

I like the new character a lot, more than Ezio already. I like the origin story more than Ezio's, I feel more pulled into the story. As slow as the first couple sequences were, they really did a great job providing an incredible back story. Being able to play as Connor as a child, a young adult for his training and finally an assassin has really gotten me attached to the character. I almost got a little teary when he came back from playing hide and seek. I thought all of the tutorials; fighting, hunting, tree climbing, etc. were all incorporated into the story very well and made them less of a chore.

As far as Connor, his abilities are far superior to any other assassin. I thought Old Ezio was the best so far, but of course as the series progresses, so does the technology and game engine, I get it. Connors movements are incredibly smooth and easy to control. My only gripe is that he hides up against everything. I was trying to open a chest on a table and he's hiding up against it instead of opening it. Other than that, I love the hiding against a corner deal and corner assassinations are incredibly handy. The combat system doesn't seem to be as forgiving as the previous games where I could counter kill just about everyone, no problem. There is more strategy and a more detailed combat sytem in place. I look forward to getting better at it.

I think the guns are handled very well in the game. I was worried that it was going to be too much of a shooter, but the slow reload times of the muskets and flintlocks make them more of a luxury than a reliable weapon to fight with; although the bayonettes do make for some awesome assassination and kill animations. The firing lines are handled well and I like the human shield ability very much. While I do miss the reliable crossbow from the previous games; the bow and arrow is a good replacement and is easy and fun to use. The rope dart is awesome and it is very satisfying to plunge one into someone's neck and then hang them for the world to see dangling.

I spent a lot of time yesterday hunting and exploring. There is nothing cooler than air assassinating a beaver. I killed and skinned so many animals that I made over 10,000 when I sold all the shit off at the general store. Bears? Fuck bears, I've killed a dozen. Wolves? Fuck wolves, killed atleast 50. Beavers? You don't want to fuck with beavers. I think I have only bagged one cougar, but I am glad I saw him before he saw me. The snares are a nice addition and so is the bait. I've killed just about every animal I've seen so far, except for a squirrel, which I have only seen while climbing trees. I've accidentally killed a dog or two (accidentally air assassinated one instead of a target, whoops) but I try and pet all of the kitties on the street.

I love the tree climbing aspect. It took some getting used to, but now I can't get enough. It's my preferred manner of travel in the forest, especially if there is not a horse available. I do miss the conveniently placed zip lines of Revelations, but tree running makes up for it. I tried to get to as many tree view points in the frontier as possible. I have found the rock climbing kind of hit or miss, it's great when it works, but I spent a damn hour trying to get the peg leg trinket in the NW corner of the homestead without any luck. I can climb every rock face, except those. Fuck.

I did the first sailing missions and really enjoy the sailing mechanics of the game. I can't wait to upgrade the ship and really unleash hell on those semen, er seamen.

I have also completed the first modern day Desmond mission and I did enjoy it. Desmond also handles much better than before and the first modern day mission was a lot of fun.

Overall, I am in love with the game so far. I like the story, the assassin and the gameplay. I have heard rumors about a shitty ending; but to be honest, all the AC endings have been pretty shitty - the fact that you can continue to play in the animus is the best part. As long as that's not fucked up, I will be happy. This is definitely one to 100% and will keep me entertained through November and maybe through Christmas!

• Like 1

Picked this up yesterday. Can't wait to play it once I get a chance. Gonna stab me all kinds of redcoats.

btw, I haven't played through Brotherhood and Revelations, as I wasn't that into Ezio's story after AC2 . Are they worth playing, or should I trade them in and put the money towards GTA V?