Massacre

Assassin's Creed

saw a new trailer make its debut last night during the NFL opener, forgot about it till now... sporting events like that tend to get debut trailers, call of duty has done it a few times off the top of my head... anyways, it's a good one... it's even showing us more of connor, and his interactions with the resistance...

• Like 1

The hidden blade is in the trailers, look more closely.

The hook blade worked in a city setting where they could include a zipline infrastructure. It's not as practical in this world, by the looks of it. I don't mind, that tomahawk looks like a fun new weapon.

no no no, check the videos again... i see them just about every time he pulls out his weapons...

check his left hand... he has the blade, but it's also a hidden dagger, for when combat breaks out... the hidden blade is there, but it now has another cool feature, which also ties into his dual wielding style...

in one or two of the dozens of videos out there, connor does the vintage wrist motion to bring out the blade, then he spins it around to detach it...

EDIT:

check in at the 3:28 AND the 4:50 mark... i knew i saw it again recently, it was in the video marcus posted... also, he uses the dual blades a few times too in stealth kills and in combat... they changed the look of the blade from the first video i posted...

The hidden blade is in the trailers, look more closely.

The hook blade worked in a city setting where they could include a zipline infrastructure. It's not as practical in this world, by the looks of it. I don't mind, that tomahawk looks like a fun new weapon.

New York and Boston should be quite big really, considering the map size is mean to be much bigger than what we have seen. But your probably right, and the trailers don't show any hook blade.

check his left hand... he has the blade, but it's also a hidden dagger, for when combat breaks out... the hidden blade is there, but it now has another cool feature, which also ties into his dual wielding style...

in one or two of the dozens of videos out there, connor does the vintage wrist motion to bring out the blade, then he spins it around to detach it...

Definitely something new, looks good and might even be a new way of throwing knives.

they're actually 1/3 scale cities... i remember hearing that in one of the dozens of videos released as well :lol:... you gotta remember too, the cities were more than a downtown... they were massive lands full of farmers and other small towns that sprinkled about the landscape... downtown boston wasn't exactly as massive as new york, but it has a bigger wilderness... new york is going to be the real rooftop town for a traditional assassin... boston is probably too open to do it so fluidly...

and i don't think we've seen new york yet... they've done a good job of keeping it secret and we're about a month away from seeing for ourselves... i kinda wonder if we're going to get a tease soon ;)...

• Like 1

they're actually 1/3 scale cities... i remember hearing that in one of the dozens of videos released as well :lol:... you gotta remember too, the cities were more than a downtown... they were massive lands full of farmers and other small towns that sprinkled about the landscape... downtown boston wasn't exactly as massive as new york, but it has a bigger wilderness... new york is going to be the real rooftop town for a traditional assassin... boston is probably too open to do it so fluidly...

and i don't think we've seen new york yet... they've done a good job of keeping it secret and we're about a month away from seeing for ourselves... i kinda wonder if we're going to get a tease soon ;)...

im sure right before we will get some gameplay, but i wouldnt count on it

part 4;

and now that those are over, IGN has started their own some-part series worth a look...

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/09/19/making-assassins-creed-iii-part-1

dupz0r should check it out too, it shows the process it goes through to develop a video game... pretty cool stuff...

• Like 1

I'm just going to jump in on this topic. I would recommend watching the Borgia's, it's a good TV show and it talks a lot about the Borgia family (duh), and others around that time such as the Sforza's. It's actually quite good as well.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1582457/

yea, when i heard the title of that show, i immediately thought of ezio's AC world... it would be cool to watch a show based in the renaissance era... but if they aren't killed by a mysterious assassin throughout, i would be pretty upset... it's a show on my short-list of things to watch if i ever get nexflix back again...