Massacre

Assassin's Creed

Trailer was awesome. I liked the tree running. Also, there is clearly an offscreen scalping going on @ 00:39.

I went and preordered the game at lunch and got my steel book for the game - 7 months in advance. I'll probably be upgrading to whatever LE they come up with - we'll see.

ohh, thats not much of anything i guess... i am a little curious about a special edition though, could have some cool native american or patriotic swag with it...

^ via imagic v2.1 :drool::fap:

FUCK YOU.

Just kidding. I will probably end up selling it on eBay to someone who LOVES steelbooks.

There is information about the new character;

Assassin’s Creed III Brings a New Hero to a New Console with a New Engine

His name is Ratohnhaké:ton, but you can call him Connor. The latest Assassin's Creed hero prowls the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC frontier on October 31, with work underway on a version for Nintendo's Wii U. It's a game so ambitious Ubisoft created an entirely new game engine just to power it.

That engine is called Ubisoft-AnvilNext, promising "breakthroughs in visual quality, character models and artificial intelligence". From what we've seen so far it's already miles ahead of the engine used in previous AC titles.

It'll need to be in order to capture the full scope of the game's Revolutionary War setting, spanning frontier wilderness and bustling cities alike. Exploring these gorgeous new areas will be Ratohnhaké:ton, half Native American, half English. You can see which side he favors in the first official trailer.

Connor finds himself embroiled in the struggle between Templars and Assassins as it weaves its way in and out of the historic battles of George Washington and compatriots.

"Assassin's Creed III features the franchise's most expansive setting so far, along with an exciting new hero and exponentially more gameplay," said Yves Guillemot, chief executive officer at Ubisoft via official press release. "Whether you're a longtime fan of Assassin's Creed or if you're new to the franchise, you're going to be blown away by the scale and marvel of Assassin's Creed III."

http://kotaku.com/5890565/assassins-creed-iii-brings-a-new-hero-to-a-new-console-with-a-new-engine

Half English - Half Native American... who called it?

Half English - Half Native American... who called it?

You, bOnEs, and myself all mentioned something about it. Don't get cocky.

... I couldn't decide whether to post Han Solo or a penis.

Edit: Wait, I'll do both.

a1015.gif

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1219876p1.html

yea, nothing new to report in this latest edition of "i got beat by every gaming news site" article... however, it's just like assassin's creed where you have to find the hidden nugget of info... there's a history lesson video from colin moriarty (haha awesome) about the leaked images from last week... he is pretty much spot on with his assumptions, but also adds a few more nuggets of info about the revolutionary era and after watching his video, then re-watching the debut trailer, it's pretty impressive...

2JlyD.jpg

this one is pretty epic too...

i6RHU.jpg

...and this one too... really, they're all pretty good :D... i don't think there's gonna be much in the way of a continuous connection of rooftops this time around... things are more spaced out in the colonial days...

i don't think there's gonna be much in the way of a continuous connection of rooftops this time around... things are more spaced out in the colonial days...

Well Italian towns are known for their packed together, narrow street feel... at least towns built in/before the 16th century were. But I think rooftop roaming will still be an important part of the game, it's what makes AC unique. I'm sure that even if the buildings are more sparse there will still be a means to traverse them easily; some new gameplay mechanic that makes it possible. Who knows what kind of tools the protag has at his disposal?

Also, if there's snow there'd better be footprints left in it. That's the only thing that bugged me about Skyrim.

yea, that bugs me too... i hope ACIII has footprints... the ones in uncharted 2 and uncharted 3 were quite impressive... but footprints could change the dynamics of sneaking around, could also be used as a distraction as well...

i am thinking though, even though it's been mentioned that there are seasons, i think they might be set up like they were in mafia II, where they applied to a certain chapter... and AC does split the game up into chapters, so i could see one being in the snow, and the next one being next summer...

i am just super stoked at how ACIII is looking... this might be my most anticipated game right now, and i don't think there's going to be a new entry this year that would supplant that, because we all know GTA5 isn't coming out this year...

yea, that bugs me too... i hope ACIII has footprints... the ones in uncharted 2 and uncharted 3 were quite impressive... but footprints could change the dynamics of sneaking around, could also be used as a distraction as well...

And as you play as a Native American you could use them to track your prey... It could happen.

stoic pointed out beavers in the canoe pick on facebook... also, there's a whole lot of blood in that pic massacre posted, a pile of it and gushing out of that poor red coat from the tomahawk blow... seriously, this is looking quite impressive...

I can't wait for this game would it be cool if they made a assasins creed game in this time period with cars and guns cities etc

i am hoping AGENT is that game, whenever that may be... your description sounds more like an espionage game... or hitman, which is a game i forgot about... add another game to my list of must-haves for this year...

I don't think assassins creed would work as well in todays day and age, I love the history of it all and the detailed maps.

It is looking extremely good and they still have till October, I really do love this franchise.

I've always been fond of axes, that tomahawk looks very versatile. And I wondered if Eagle vision might be one way he can track prey.

I got to thinking last night about the tracking using footprints, and I remembered in Brotherhood while playing as Desmond outside of the villa in Monteriggioni there was the trail of footprints that you could only see with eagle vision.

Actually wasn't that in Revelations too, you could see the routes guards patrolled using eagle vision.

@viceman, it was more like a following the trail kinda thing... it wasn't footprints, but it was the same concept... infamous had a similar mechanic too... funny, both involved seeing holograms of the NPC walking the path...