Massacre

Assassin's Creed

The combat is mediocre, high-level enemies are artificial difficulty rather than genuine challenge, you can only fight with a sword, most of the useful game mechanics are gone (like whistling, to draw enemies to a hiding spot), armor is overpriced (with only a handful of ways to make money) and the story is dull.

Unless you have a deep, inexplicable interest in the French Revolution, I'd say skip it.

That's disappointing, I was thinking of getting Unity on next-gen at some point because the historical setting would be intredasting, a throwback to the game's origins. If gameplay has been handcuffed that badly, it's probably not worth it. 

FUCK. I thought I was out. I thought I was done.

Fuck.

After watching the gameplay trailer, it's clear that the issues in Unity are exclusive to Unity. Syndicate has all the gameplay mechanics that Unity was missing, and it's clear that the team working on this is the same team that made Black Flag (Unity was made by a different team). This one has potential.

• Like 2

Same, I'm very much in again!

I'm a fan of London's history, and this looks like it could be something special. Looking at the trailer, it looks like a very accurate representation of London. Whether that be a GTA style landmarkfest or not, the buildings look perfectly placed.

i can't keep up with this series anymore, the yearly releases are killing it for me, it's too much to deal with... it looks cool, but i might be busy playing other games this fall... plus i still want to play and beat black flag...

Picked up unity because I'm too poor to get the witcher and fallout is coming. These are my thoughts.

Paris is amazing. Detailed and thriving. I really like the way the revolution evolves in the streets as the story progresses.

Arno is a pretty vanilla character at this stage (about half way through sequence 6)

I love that I can have a lochaber axe as my main weapon. But combat is skewed heavily to swords.

But the have royally fucked the free running. I find myself screaming racial slurs at my TV everything a slight movement on the stick causes the cheese eating surrender monkey to take off at right angles. Or when he lands politely next to the guy that was just highlighted and given the command to air assassinate.

That said. I like the murder mysteries and the return of the puzzles in the form of nostradamus enigmas welcome. I loved the glyphs in 2 glad to see the brought them back in some form.

• Like 1

Picked up unity because I'm too poor to get the witcher and fallout is coming. These are my thoughts.

Paris is amazing. Detailed and thriving. I really like the way the revolution evolves in the streets as the story progresses.

Arno is a pretty vanilla character at this stage (about half way through sequence 6)

I love that I can have a lochaber axe as my main weapon. But combat is skewed heavily to swords.

But the have royally fucked the free running. I find myself screaming racial slurs at my TV everything a slight movement on the stick causes the cheese eating surrender monkey to take off at right angles. Or when he lands politely next to the guy that was just highlighted and given the command to air assassinate.

That said. I like the murder mysteries and the return of the puzzles in the form of nostradamus enigmas welcome. I loved the glyphs in 2 glad to see the brought them back in some form.

I liked the interiors and general building design from Unity. However mostly everything else was underwhelming, I was particularly pissed off that half the NPCs spoke with British accents, real immersive in Paris. "Oi, thar's a thief!"

There's no way i'll be buying the new one when it comes out, i'll wait for it to be reduced.

Funny you say that viceman. I had been thinking the opposite. Random people on the street speaking French or with a French accent. But anyone involved in the story has a British accent. A very bad one in arnos case. But now I think about it. Pretty much every guard has an English accent.

Syndicate was going to be Ubi's last shot, for me. I hated Unity, but Syndicate looks incredible, so I was going to give them one last chance. Then Fallout 4 was announced.

Syndicate is still their last shot, they're just going to be taking that shot from the bargain bin, about a year from now.

• Like 1

I think Ubi are giving themselves a bad rep by releasing one annually, it's like they're turning into EA. We need a two to three year gap between each.

I liked the interiors and general building design from Unity. However mostly everything else was underwhelming, I was particularly pissed off that half the NPCs spoke with British accents, real immersive in Paris. "Oi, thar's a thief!"

There's no way i'll be buying the new one when it comes out, i'll wait for it to be reduced.

The line that did it for me was "come back 'ere yer bleedin' pillock!" - yeah, made me feel really immersed in Paris!

Really thought Ubisoft had recovered well with Black Flag after the shite AC 3, then with Unity they took a step back again.   Certainly won't pre-order & buy at launch with Syndicate - I'll wait for the user reviews on that, plus Fallout 4 will take most of my time anyway.

I consider myself a fan of the AC series as a whole, but being honest after the Bethesda E3 show with Fallout 4, I didn't care much when I watched Ubisoft's.

Will definitely get the novel though, assuming there'll be one like there usually is.

Unity is basically a really good game trying to shine through plenty of poor design choices and second screen companion app shit. There was also a ridiculous amount of half-assed side missions that filled the whole screen with icons. After the freedom of the open sea in Black Flag, Unity felt very cluttered and claustrophobic.

At its core though I personally really enjoyed the large areas Arno had to infiltrate to assassinate his targets. I also wish we had fewer side missions and if Ubisoft only focused on the ones that had real potential. The murder mystery stuff was fun, but could have been a lot more enjoyable had they focused more on them and added more details.

In the end though, I feel like Syndicate will be a success. people are going to get into it with lower expectations and will be more forgiving if the game has a few problems here and there. I hope it will be a good game and I like what I've seen so far.

yea i saw this a couple days ago... i gotta say, it looks promising... good cast, and the fact that they're creating their own story within the world makes it even better... if hollywood tried to follow a story already laid out, they'd do it differently anyways and piss off all the fans of altiar, ezio, and desmond... their story is in the games, it doesn't need to be recreated on the big screen...

with a rich world as this, there's nothing wrong with making a new story... now if we were talking about an uncharted movie, well then, you'd have to follow the script...

Are the books any good?  

IMO, yes.  Got everyone of them and have enjoyed reading them.  In the cases of 'Forsaken' and 'Unity' - I enjoyed reading them a lot more than I 'enjoyed' playing the games.

Worth noting though that Blackflag, Forsaken and Unity are written like journals of the actual lead characters.  Although Forsaken is largely about Haytham Kenway and strangely Unity is more focussed on Elise.

Wanted to play it because it's set in Old London. But... Price of Games x Length of Development ÷ More Important Releases = Not Right Now

I may get it in the future at a cheaper price, once i have more free time, and less games to play.

• Like 1