Massacre

Assassin's Creed

I waited a year to play Black Flag, since I got that and Unity in the Xbox One bundle, so I'm not too tired of the franchise. Plus, although they come out often I think the games are actually really well developed.

I'm currently playing through IV and I'm really enjoying it. I was iffy about the whole pirate aspect, but I love it now. I think I'm around 20% done or so with the story.

Bought it myself on Friday (got the Notre Dame edition) but haven't started to play it yet. I've one trophy to get on GTA V so I can get platinum and I'm trying to get it out of the way ASAP so I can start AC Unity.

Bought it myself on Friday (got the Notre Dame edition) but haven't started to play it yet. I've one trophy to get on GTA V so I can get platinum and I'm trying to get it out of the way ASAP so I can start AC Unity.

I'm more interested in which trophy it is that you need t platinum GTA? If it's an online trophy, give me a shout, i'll help you out.

I'm more interested in which trophy it is that you need t platinum GTA? If it's an online trophy, give me a shout, i'll help you out.

'Solid Gold, Baby' is the one I need - got the online ones I needed yesterday. This one is the biggest pain the ass - still need to get another 23 gold medals!

Just got Rogue today, its pretty much exactly like Black Flag, even some of the shanties are the same. Story so far is keeping me going otherwise its like AC4.

Lot of returning characters like Adowale and Achilles :)

What does everyone else think of Unity?

I'm still early on in the game (sequence 4) and still plenty to do but I can't help but feel a bit disappointed in the game. The surroundings are great and the attention to detail is fantastic but the storyline and failure to address previous problems (e.g character jumping where you don't want him to etc) leaves me feeling a bit 'meh'.

Also pissed me off when I found out one of the missions was a 'tailing' mission! (tedious as fuck as everyone will agree).

Still a long way to go and hopefully it'll grow on me

What does everyone else think of Unity?

I'm still early on in the game (sequence 4) and still plenty to do but I can't help but feel a bit disappointed in the game. The surroundings are great and the attention to detail is fantastic but the storyline and failure to address previous problems (e.g character jumping where you don't want him to etc) leaves me feeling a bit 'meh'.

Also pissed me off when I found out one of the missions was a 'tailing' mission! (tedious as fuck as everyone will agree).

Still a long way to go and hopefully it'll grow on me

Played it a little at my mates, getting used to the controls is a change, the parkour change I do like as well as the fighting mechanism. The story I haven't played much of but from the beginning sequences,

it seemed like a rehash of AC2 storyline of Ezio

Finished AC:IV, what a simple yet great ending to the game. It always makes me sad when a game such as that ends, it just was really a great and even upbeat story. Would have liked to see Anne Bonny and Kenway get together, thought it was bound to happen.

They need to take a break with this, AC is running out of steam especially how the have dealt with Unity which seems to have a tonne of bugs.

The setting sounds good but I wonder what the conflict would be about.

One screenshot shows a tube station so that tells us it will be mid to late 1800s. From memory I can't think of significant wars or events that happen (apart from Jack the Ripper).

Since I won't have a PS4 for quite some time, and Unity won't be high on my list, when I do have one, could you (or whoever) throw something into spoiler tags, for me? I'm curious what the modern-day story is about, this time around. Does it tie into Black Flag? Are you still a random, anonymous person not affiliated with the Assassins?

I'm only about 6% into the story, not very far but I've gotten a general feel of what it may be about. The historical setting is great, a huge difference from IV but it you can feel its roots back to ACII being in a historical city again. The graphics are beautiful, and the story seems somewhat interesting. In the beginning before you started the late 1700's story you played a quick mission in 1300's Paris, I guess to set the tone. That setting was actually really cool, and I wish they would go back in time again to the 1300's or so. I've come into the modern story line two or three times, with you trying to find something before Abstergo does. The familiar voices of other modern day characters are there occasionally. I'll post more as I get further into the story. So far I like it.

• Like 1

Just finished this, I must say it is pretty great actually. Starts slow and a little hard to get into but I liked the outcome. I certainly like Arno more than Connor and whenever I see him I think of this guy

Tyler Blackburn - http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Tyler+Blackburn+LG6NwY3UVykm.jpg

https://41.media.tumblr.com/8e13c608aee98ff70c9a6a8765f9c48e/tumblr_msi87oMJDx1s7gykyo1_400.jpg

image.jpg

I am playing Black Flag at the moment.  Does anyone have some tips for sea battles?  I find myself panicking and pressing random buttons while spinning my ship around in circles... which surprisingly works well against the small traders but not so well against ships that fight back....

Fire barrels do very little against you, in most cases, so try to keep the rear of your primary target at your side, that way you can either ignore or destroy the fire barrels, continuously fire your cannons at them, and avoid their cannon fire completely, unless they get away from you. Basically, you'll be sailing in circles while they try to get you off of their ass. Practice just sailing, for a while, because you're going to have to get used to frequently switching sails. If you need to make a really sharp turn, quickly cut your sails, make the turn, then switch back to mid-sails. If necessary, switch to full sail to make up for lost ground water.

Oh, and once you have the level 2 or 3 ram, don't even bother shooting the small ships, unless they're behind you. Just ram them, and they drop.

• Like 1

Thanks for that...  my method has been pull up alongside and try and blast the hell out of them before they do the same to me.  Taking down forts is fun too... but not in a storm with waterspouts fucking me up worse than the enemy...

I'm content at the moment sailing around the easy waters trying to accumulate the materials to upgrade the Jackdaw, visiting the smaller locations and grabbing the treasure chests and Abstergo fragments.  

How tough are the naval convoys?  Did you bother with the Fleet mini-game?

dat pirate heist one!! seriously, i can't fucking wait now... i'll probably have this one beat before GTA Online even releases their own heist missions...

So... Did you?

nope :lol:... i am waiting for a bigger price drop so i can buy it again on newgen and beat it properly... i can't be asked to play it on last gen now, especially with the share function and better graphics...

I'm probably going to end up buying it on next gen, too. Unity was a pretty big step backwards, made me miss the better days.

Black Flag was a near perfect game, aside from a slightly dull final cutscene.