The Mad Dooby

Cars/Vehicle Talk

This is one of the vehicles I'm looking at. Chevy Avalanche (the pictures are of the model I specified what I want and the installations). I also like the Ford F-150.

truck1.jpg

truck2.jpg

This is one of the vehicles I'm looking at. Chevy Avalanche (the pictures are of the model I specified what I want and the installations). I also like the Ford F-150.

truck1.jpg

truck2.jpg

Never understood the Avalanche. I would much rather have a double-cab Silverado.

truck1.jpg

truck2.jpg

Never understood the Avalanche. I would much rather have a double-cab Silverado.

Basically. I used to like the Avalanche but now I don't know, seems kinda pointless when stacked up against other trucks.

Also I want to apologize for My American Car's Rant. Those are my views, however, I was mostly mad as My 2011 Chevy went to the garage for the second time in a month.... <_<

That's my car: Chevrolet Corsa 1.6

g2.jpg

I feel sorry for y'all in Europe. Won't hardly ever see a real car, unless you go to Germany.

da fuck

Dude isn't even in Europe.

And why go to Germany? We have German cars in all of Europe lol.

It's the kind of little toy car that Britfags would drive. Still valid.

Exactly my point. You can't buy one of those off the lot in the U.S., and I'm sure it's not the easiest to order one either. Also, the only vehicles here with a 1.6 L or smaller are either hybrids or have a set of turbos.

You rarely see Chevrolets over here at all, in fact you rarely see American cars at all. Smaller cars are popular because they're cheaper to run, but I'd rather just take the bus. Also, the few manufacturers that we have left are not exactly known for small engine cars either.

Chevrolets have been around in my country for what... 2 years?

And it's mostly jeeps, I've never seen anyone driving a 'Chevrolet' Corsa around here, Corsas are Opels.

I think most Euro brands do pretty well, you see a lot of Asian brands here too. I've driven quite a few cars, European, Asian and American. To me, no brand comes closer to Hondas... simply the most reliable cars, my Civic is still performing beastly after 200k KM, very little garage work over the years. I've also been in a few Accords over the years - those cars are amazing!

The size of the car is totally a mentality thing, I don't like big cars, hardly anyone in Europe does... my dad drives an Audi A8 (awesome goddamn car too), to me it's simply too big, hard to find proper parking places in the city, seems to occupy too much space in the road, etc...

Here in the States though, Hondas have really fallen in status from "the best bang for your buck" to "unengineered crap that is grossly inefficient in comparison to other brands, foreign or domestic." However, I'd still rather own a civic than a Chevy Cruze. GM is still miles behind even the worst Japanese brands, with the exceptions of their trucks, the Corvette, and Cadillac.

As for the "big car" debate, I've recently bought a Toyota rav4 to be more of a daily driver, as its wayyyyy more fuel efficient than my supercharged el camino, and will run nicely on the cheaper 87 octane gas to boot. Plus, it's a 4x4, and I have big plans for it to become a great offroader in some of the forests here in southeastern Texas.

I don't get why Hondas would get a bad rep over there. If it's the same car in Europe and the U.S, it makes no sense.

Maybe the air pressure is different or something? ;)

truck1.jpg

truck2.jpg

I'd like a big SUV like that one day

I don't get why Hondas would get a bad rep over there. If it's the same car in Europe and the U.S, it makes no sense.

It's because comparable brands like Mazda, Toyota, and even Ford have made pretty sizable advancements in the past few years, whereas Hondas have generally stayed the same.

The design of your car exposing your status.I currently have Ferrari 458 Italia in red color...2012-Ferrari-458-Spider-Red-Color-Roof-Closed.jpg

You don't even know the name of the car....

It's because comparable brands like Mazda, Toyota, and even Ford have made pretty sizable advancements in the past few years, whereas Hondas have generally stayed the same.

Pretty much, older hondas are still respected (at least where I'm from) but the newer ones are not worth the money when compared to similar cars like the modern Corolla or Mazda3.

Looking for my first car I really want a firebird, trans am. There is this 73 ford maverick that I am also looking at.

Looking for my first car I really want a firebird, trans am. There is this 73 ford maverick that I am also looking at.

You live somewhere by Indy, right? Watch for rust. Anything more than a little surface rust, walk away unless you know what you're doing or have the cash to spend. Oh, and what's the mileage on the maverick? I'm surprised its even still here. From what I've heard, those things were all beat to hell back in the day.