The Mad Dooby

Cars/Vehicle Talk

Anyone have any experience with cutting their springs? I heard it's good to lower ride height but also makes the car bouncy as hell.

Anyone have any experience with cutting their springs? I heard it's good to lower ride height but also makes the car bouncy as hell.

I would advise not doing that, yes it'll be lower, but with the bigger wheel combo you're planing on there is a high chance of rubbing, it's cheap enough to buy a good setup from here. Plus you'll probably have a better handling car at the end of the day.

http://www.summitrac...Order=Ascending

Also, this weekend i'm checking this place out (Y)

http://www.torontocarco.com/InventoryList.aspx?yid=-1&mid=38&mfid=8&cid=-1

Hopefully score one of the hundredish of these they've got around.

idi_236-600_main.JPG

• Like 1

Don't cut your springs. It is just asthetic. It will ruin the ride and handling of your car. If you want your car lowered. Pay for it and do it properly.

• Like 1

Thanks, was going to pay but someone recomended that.

Also, Ace, you could do a lot with a Crown Vic like that, what did you have in mind?

Nothing too crazy, since it's legal here I'll keep it black and white and put the bull bars back on it, after that just muffler so it's a little bit louder, and a cold air just cause I can and it wouldn't hurt (Y) I love Vics in all honesty. Great cars

I heard driving in Crown Vics can often get you pulled over if you're between like 16-60 because often times many people imitate police officers.

Also, if I were you, I'd go with a Grand Marquis or town car, a little bit better and not nearly as abused as a retired squad car.

Probably some moisture in your plug wire not allowing electrical current to reach your spark plug...mhm.

Well i'm pretty sure the plug was swapped out, don't know about the wiring.... I'm supposed to give it a few days and bring it back if it hasn't improved. Thankfully he's not charging me anything for it, (my in-law technically).

This may be a little above your skill level, but the procedure for removing fluid from a cylinder include removing the cylinder head and bumping the starter to blow out the liquid. Then leave the head off in a dry place to let the rest evaporate.

Oh, and Ace, do you watch the Roadkill shows on YouTube? Seems like something you'd enjoy. It's put on by the HOTROD Magazine guys. Can't really do it justice here, but It's good enough that I'm always waiting for the next one.

That car needs a proper detail, get those swirls out of the paint. She looks nice though, how many miles and for how much? Should last you quite a long time, and it's cheap to repair any damage which is nice.

I'll give it a nice detail when i get it home, i think i might try to get a job as a lot boy if i don't suck at it. Well we got two for a trade in and $2,000 back. It's got 172,000km (don't know what that is in Miles, maybe you do) I think i'll get a crime stoppers bumper sticker, try to ward off any tailgaters (Y)

• Like 1

24hwy, probably better with a cold air intake and the highway gears it has. It's only a 4.6L

Those 2v Ford mod motors do pretty good on gas even in heavy vehicles despite their somewhat lack of good low-end torque. Good motors, expensive to get power out of though.

--As a plus, all police interceptors came with Ford's TrakLok limited slip, and you get the sweet push bar. Car Craft did some neat suspension work on one a few years ago, it's worth a google if you're interested.

• Like 1

Probably some moisture in your plug wire not allowing electrical current to reach your spark plug...mhm.

Well i'm pretty sure the plug was swapped out, don't know about the wiring.... I'm supposed to give it a few days and bring it back if it hasn't improved. Thankfully he's not charging me anything for it, (my in-law technically).

This may be a little above your skill level, but the procedure for removing fluid from a cylinder include removing the cylinder head and bumping the starter to blow out the liquid. Then leave the head off in a dry place to let the rest evaporate.

Oh, and Ace, do you watch the Roadkill shows on YouTube? Seems like something you'd enjoy. It's put on by the HOTROD Magazine guys. Can't really do it justice here, but It's good enough that I'm always waiting for the next one.

A little late :P I took it to the shop weeks ago. I Guess I'd blown the valve on cylinder 2. Both the intake and exhaust rocker arms weren't closing. Although from what I've been researching the 3.4 engines have a tendency to leak coolant or oil through the intake manifold gasket. So I'll keep that in the back of my head.