The Mad Dooby

Cars/Vehicle Talk

If it makes you feel any better, that's not a hard car to find. Well, maybe in New Zealand. I don't know what the car scene is like over there. Hopefully it's not as shit as Europe.

In America, you can get one in decent condition for under $2000, easy. Just come to America. Taste the freedom.

There are only 4 Buicks for sale on the big main site we use here for selling shit, none of which bear any similarity to the GNX.

dang

How reliable is buying parts from Ebay compared to retailers? I don't buy big things on ebay, but noticed I can get a set of wheels or speakers for pretty decent price.

So I have this thing on my rear bumper but have no idea what it is

It isn't chipping but I can feel it, also I know, I'm getting my car detailed soon.

13c315a910764e6a6627e9cb831ca7a8.png

ac3db442cc122e79eb95f2cd9c4d0535.png

You'll never colour match a car more than a year or two old. If you do the bumper it will be a slighly different colour as the paint on the car will have faded slightly.

Would be safer to get the whole thing redone, but it's better (and cheaper) to only fix the bumper, then wait and see what happens with the rest. It might never happen elsewhere. Get a second opinion, though. I've never seen webbing that looked that bad. It could be something more severe that I've never seen before.

Never run that thing through an automated car wash, by the way. If they use nylon brushes, it can ultimately cause the same problem on a much larger area.

Can I get a zoomed-out pic? Might be the heavy zoom that's making the lines look thicker.

That's most likely an impact point. Something small like a shopping trolley etc. At the time you see no damage but it cracks the clear coat. After time the edges of the crack dry out and discolour.

I won't be able to get another pic for two weeks or so because it's being kept elsewhere right now. It's basically like what you see.

It's on the flat side of the bumper, the first pic is when I first got it, it wasn't there but I circled where it is right now. Second pic it was on there but it's too far to see easily.

72bab3f8694dc84948b9f405bd78eb6d.png

a9d68b306505e1503a695bdb8137cbcb.png

I haven't driven the car much, just around the block for a few minutes a couple times a day every 2 weeks or so.

Would I be better off getting a Vinyl wrap or plastidip job done? They're both relatively cheaper.

Pre-bath time today

333_zps93c65509.jpg

Black definitely is one of the best colors on a car, no question.

• Like 1

Getting these 18x10 Bullitt wheels in a week or so, they're selling for $550, brand new never used, gonna barter down to $450-$500 and it's gonna be my birthday present to myself. Have plenty saved from the past year. They usually go for $800.

00J0J_dsHyzYxtaDP_600x450.jpg'

00s0s_2hwmc1Gff97_600x450.jpg

How does tire sizing work?

First number is rim size diameter

Second number is width I believe (3 digits in mm)

Third number is the percentage of the width that represents tire profile. Should look like this

15/275mm/45 example numbers of course. First is always rim size, wasn't sure on the order of the other two

• Like 1

What would you recommend for rim size? It's a daily driver only so I don't need much performance. I'm going to get all season tires, and winter is a factor here.

Was going to buy 17" FR500's from American Muscle but considering these are 18's and they're cheaper than the 17's I'm going with these.