DuPz0r

RDR2 Mapping [Interiors & Out of Map inc.]

On the subject of creeks, this rock formation beside this one undoubtedly looks like a tooth. These two shots match up pretty well and the even on the map.

FuTjRT5.jpg

Even the little details match up well, like rocks and trees.

Mfra5zI.jpg

Oh the details just keep popping out at me! The fire smoke seen in the top scene matches the pile of logs in the bottom scene. 

QVSW0MR.jpg

• Like 3

I had gone back and forth with that bear vs wolves shot over whether the falls were a small unknown river or the far end of the Dakota as most thought.

To me it seemed to fit better around where you put it in the middle of the Dakota (I was looking more east though) but figured it was just the camera angle that made it seem like there was more river to the right and it was just the bend we see on the leak map.

Good linking though!

Nice, I was looking at that rock when the video dropped but would never have connected the two.

Can't be bothered to do any photoshopping but do you think the water tower in these two shots are the same?

1376.jpg

1667.jpg

This one's a guess, but that bridge is going over my beloved Dewberry Creek river. It's definitely down near Rhodes looking north because of the red tinge to the soil.

1691.jpg

Edited by ViceMan

To me that's looking down the shaft that sticks out into the river bend. It's really annoying because there's a triangular roof shaped shadow in the trees to the right of that which could be Lucky's Cabin, but at the same time could just be a coincidence. I think Downes and Lucky's are closer to Valentine than you think, just look at how far away from the rail Valentine is on the map.

Here, in case you can't see it.

DLltqPx.jpg

(Of course it doesn't really matter if they are or aren't, we know they're somewhere in there anyway.)

Edited by ViceMan

I already edited my post.

Looking at your enhanced pic the Lucky's is probably a shadow after all, just an annoying roof shaped shadow.

Edited by ViceMan

Yeah, they're in there somewhere though... teasing us. Thinking about it I wonder how many new places have been added since the draft, and how many have been cut. Might not even be a Downes Ranch there, could've been replaced with a Starbucks or something.

• Haha 1

I know TreeFitty already called it, but i decided to go in detail with it, see if i can match it up with the canoe and bear shots somehow. This is how i see the scene anyway. Probably one.

7GWMTbA.jpg

I don't like the leaked map, i know it's probably wrong now, and it gives me a headache trying to match stuff to it, but it's our only alternative reference to imagery.

• Like 1

At this point I don't think you can not use the leaked map, we've become so reliant on it.

I thought that was the actual Bacchus bridge across the Dakota, the bit you've highlighted runs parallel to the river a bit further up. You got me confused because I was looking at that shot a few days ago for any hint of Old Fort Wallace on the left, which I assumed was hidden behind that rocky outcrop. I don't think we can trust the leaked map for railway lines, there are several that don't match up perfectly.

(Like this fucking thing to the right of the horse's head, still no guess with that one. There's no three way rail junctions in that neck of the woods.)

1650.jpg

I can only assume the line north of Mossy Flats joins up with the line east of Emerald Ranch in a different place to where it does on the map.

Edited by ViceMan
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ViceMan said:

for any hint of Old Fort Wallace on the left

Did the same.

@dup: I was going to say the same as vicey above. At first I thought the scale was ridiculously smaller than we thought but now I'm leaning towards them shifting things around from the leak map. They either moved the river/bridge or shoved those trails and formations over. Unless there is something else we aren't seeing right now.

After vicey's edit: I don't think that's a rail line since it bends wildly off to the right. I think that's just a major road they added since the leak map.

I disregarded the road option, why would it need to be that long and sweeping and not just a T-junction. I guess if people ride over it constantly to take a shortcut it would eventually end up like that... Well, who knows.

Sounds more like a Bethesda thing to me, I can just imagine Todd Howard saying in a smug voice "dynamic, realtime trail generation" while a video showcasing it plays in the background. The audience then applauds and he turns to hide his erection.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah i mean, Bachuss is a good match i thought it was that too. But i like to explore other avenues just incase something interesting comes of it. 

And i agree stuff has been moved around for sure since the leaked map from 2 years ago. Probably the railway too.

Hey have you done your whole skew the map to the terrain trick like you did a while ago for that shot above? I was looking at it trying to decide if that's the prison island or not. It just seems too close to St Denis.

The 3D terrain map? I've had hardware issues unfortunately, i updated my software, and now my graphics card is outdated. It wont let me roll it back, so i haven't been able to work on it. I tried using Blender, but learning new 3d software takes time, and i don't think i'll be competent enough in time before the real map is out there. 

I'm building a new PC end of October, so it'll be too late by the time the game comes out.