DuPz0r

RDR2 Mapping [Interiors & Out of Map inc.]

i really think they added the game (RDR1 remastered) as a bonus, and they're just not not telling us yet... trying to trick the community that wants to jump in for nostalgia leading up to release for some last minute monies...

we shall see tho...

I don't know where people get this remastered version of the game thing, maybe an upscaled version seperate from the main game, but a total remaster with all the new mechanics and the version of the map that's been redone for rdr2? A lot of people have been talking about that and it doesn't make any sense whatsoever. I think people might be underestimating how much time that would take, and for what? Not enough people will care, and according to the internet's theory on it they are just going to release it free out of the kindness of their hearts, lmao...

nah i don't think it would take as much effort as people would think, especially for a team like rockstar with the manpower and resources... maybe not offer it up as free, but certainly do something with it... i mean, why completely remaster the old games map if you're not going to take advantage of remaking the original game?

To put it in the new game lol... they totally rebuilt the shooting mechanics to make them more like Max Payne 3, if they could just easily throw that kind of shit in a game we would probably see updates like that in GTA online. They would have advertised it by now anyway, R* values money above all else.

From the looks of it RDR2 is going to be loaded by itself. I really don't think they would tie up valuable disc space for an existing game that would need to be about 75% rebuilt to conform to the new mechanics and graphical detail.

Would be awesome but I really doubt it. The only fans "owed" anything for RDR are PC users and as much as I believe this game will be on PC at some point I can't help but have it in the back of my head that they'll be left out again. ESPECIALLY if the entire map is there because modders will definitely put the old game in and you know R* is going to shut it down like the GTAV mod for it.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, TreeFitty said:

From the looks of it RDR2 is going to be loaded by itself. I really don't think they would tie up valuable disc space for an existing game that would need to be about 75% rebuilt to conform to the new mechanics and graphical detail.

if the map is already rebuilt, and the voice acting already recorded, all that's left is to just update the mechanics to the modern game, right? i'd say 75% of it is already there... i know it's just a pure longshot, but it's totally possible since i don't really think a lot of the new game will take place out that way, not with an entire new map to explore... who's gonna wanna spend time out there when you could be fishing in streams and exploring a big city...

could explain why the game is a whopping 105GB right off the bat... maybe lol... then again, we never got that GTAIV remaster either :lol:

If the game is rescaled they would have to test the shit out of every mission to make sure everything still makes sense spatially, it literally sounds counter intuitive and against their interests to do That, when they can just come put with a shitty upscaled version like they did for Xbox One. I think people are just really naive and desperate for nostalgia, it's really weird that the theory has taken off like it has.

Wait, are people really running with this RDR1 remaster thing? I can see the map being "remastered" with new RDR2 content, but for the old game to be remade in RDR2... that's a pipe-dream at best.

BUT I DON'T WANNA!!

in all fairness, i am just contemplating, not expecting it, just thinking out loud is all... it would be quite the nifty surprise... and like i said, probably only epic games has more access to resources than rockstar these day... they could realistically do it if they wanted... and they know people would buy it too...

so realistically, how long until we start seeing the actual map? i would imagine it's going out to reviewers here soon for dem juicy articles and such...

• Like 2

No harm in dreaming.

I'd say a week before release we'll start seeing game guide book scans and that's when the map and floodgate of "how the game will end" spoilers will emerge along with other details i'd try to avoid too.

That's if the pre-loaded game miners dont get their hands on some juicy data first.

the week of, i'm muting anything RDR related because fuck twitter and also the snap community that wlll be spoiling locations and experiences i want to see myself for the first 2-3 days... this game will be around for years, i think i can handle a few days without seeing other peoples reactions... plus a lot of those people are the type that want to be the first to show everyone for dem likes and subs anyways :lol:...

this topic is about as far as my spoilers have gone, seeing the map built and fleshed out, lol...

I would like to see the map out of curiosity, see how close we got. But I fear seeing it early will ruin my hype, so i'm probably going to try and avoid looking at it.

2 minutes ago, TreeFitty said:

Me and Dup are in too deep. Can't look away. Save yourselves!

You two can be like the Moth Priests in Elder Scrolls; you see it and go blind, then relay the info to us in a safe format.

I just heard the Trophy List has been leaked/made public, hide yo' kids hide yo' wife!

So i've heard that the story mission trophies are "Hidden Trophies". But there's apparently a text version with all the story spoilers in it. (I heard all this in a RDR2 discord channel)

I'm not looking at it personally, but i have seen it's existence. 

There was mention of pictures taken and written out text format which reveal the hidden (story) trophies in this link. 

I've just copied pasted it, i wont be looking at it personally.

If you want to delete this post after viewing it, i'm fine with that.

Enter at your own risk