DuPz0r

RDR2 Mapping [Interiors & Out of Map inc.]

Talking about that whole map theory, apparently R* have contacted that Dutch gaming magazine about their "Whole of RDR1 map" statement, and now they've changed it... I'm assuming the way it was worded is that Rockstar Games wanted to keep that bit a surprise so they can reveal that themselves (in-game?), and now they've let the cat out of the bag, R* gave them a kick under the table.

"Now we could answer that question, but in good consultation with Rockstar we ultimately do not want to give away too many spoilers. But let's keep it that the map is big. Very large, much larger than the first Red Dead Redemption."

http://www.insidegamer.nl/artikel/q-n-a-special-jouw-vragen-beantwoord-na-een-dag-red-redemption-2/?API_COOKIE_REDIRECTED=True

Yeah it makes sense to me. They've been very secretive with the desert and the only reason I can think of is it's in Mexico, if it was an entirely new area i'm sure they'd want to showcase it.

As always leave it to the Dutch to say fuck it to the rules. "Shorry guysh, we got a little bit crayshee over here. Harharhar!"

Edited by ViceMan
  • Haha 1

R2D2 (broman) brought up an interesting point last night during crew night... what if at the end of RDR2 (because it's pretty much looking like a guarantee that the old map will be in the game) it finishes with the opening sequence of the first RDR, and suddenly you're now playing a remastered version of the original?! perhaps something plays out like in the original when you play as john's son, maybe in this game, you take over as john after arthur's death...

the more i see of the old map in this mapping topic, the more it's gonna make me ponder that thought...

Yeah i've seen that idea mentioned a lot, but I don't think it'll happen. There'll definitely be some passing of the torch from Arthur to John though. Whether we'll get to play as John post credits however I don't know.

Yeah i first read that on Reddit. The RDR1 remasterd  theory that is.

I wouldn't be surprised if they show the opening moments to John before he gets on the train into New Austin right at the end of the game. That would be pretty interesting. See why he REALLY left.

I think there'll be some sort of epilogue; a few years after the gang is done and John is reminiscing on his time there. Perhaps he'll be at Beechers Hope when we see a posse of lawmen led by Fordham and Ross roll up to take him and his family away. I reckon there'll at least be a mission where Arthur teaches John the secrets of deadeye.

Edited by ViceMan

I also doubt an HD remake as far as redemption's story.

If they put mexico in then there must be a reason story-wise. So I wonder what we'll do there and how they'll intertwine it into the original story. I doubt they really knew what a prequel was going have as far as people or actions but maybe they left just enough open-ended-ness to allow them some wiggle room.

Minor Map Update v0.72

-Added new mountains into the mix

-Added a Armadillo illustration

-Fixed the grid to match the leaked map again (that will probably change soon, depending on how much new info we get)

uYF20wC.jpg

• Like 1

You forgot the most important update - "changed Lone Mule Steed to Lone Mule Stead" :D

To me that top left area seems too empty now, we have this rather big map north east and south west joined by a small isthmus at Great Plains. Suppose it depends where and/or how far they go south of the river that side of Flatiron. Imagine if the map stretched round all the way to opposite St Denis. (Which you were postulating long ago with the desert.)

• Haha 1

I just saw this and it's just blown my mind a little. I'm not sure if my brain is tricking me into believing it or if it does actually match up!

No automatic alt text available.

I just went hunting for the highest Res image i could find of the map. I realise it's probably just for show and not accurate. So i'm ignoring the grid and numbers and focusing on the slither of topography. Now we've seen much more of the map since this map image was released, we might have a better understanding of where it could be.

Ek3zqKK.jpg

• Like 1

The numbers match but the letters don't, the Aurora Basin is a good match. Problem is it's the same scale as the leaked map, it's meant to be an entire world map and even without the inclusion of New Austin it would cut off part of West Elizabeth.

• Like 1

Am i the only person that never noticed the compass in the corner doesnt face North of the image? Like True North is actually slightly East...

http://faqsmedia.ign.com/faqs/image/article/109/1091366/reddr_map_crop.jpg

Does that align with those map grids?

So I've been mapping all this time and it's not even true North.

I knew about it from piecing together the regions for the last game before Rockstar released ^that official full map. I also had the compass directly north (which I'm pretty sure is how it is in-game) but changed it to match the official orientation.

485.png

And again it doesn't really matter. The red map pieces and the mini-map from the trailers all line up with North directly upwards.

So have none of your contacts loaded up RDR and had a look at the other side of Flatiron Dup? If they do tell them to check a bit further sound in Hennigan's Stead looking southeast across the river too.

In the middle of the screen at 9:03 is a close match, east of Diez Coronas roughly in the area I was thinking. That's pretty far across the river but it's hard to say since we don't know how far the draw distance is in II. Unfortunately they don't really look that way much, they skip past Thieves Landing up to Blackwater without checking out that map edge. But if you were to stand east of MacFarlane's Ranch near the cliff edge and look that way i'd be interested to see what it looks like.

Mount Hagen is up in the Grizzlies behind Valentine. That is Hagen though, it's just a lot further away than what it seems.

Oh i know it's Hagen in the back there. I'm just saying it may not be as far as we think. I was looking at the shapes of the terrain carefully, and they kinda match up... I'm not saying it's for definite, just another spanner in the works lol

What's your thoughts on that small creek?

They said Beartooth Beck was east of Hagen right? To me that image is on the western side of Hagen, so it wouldn't be Beartooth, hard to say though. If I were to guess at Hagen's position I would've said above Adler Ranch. (Based on the leaked map topography.)

Edited by ViceMan
  • Like 1

There's definitely a creek on the way to Cumberland Fall, because we see one in the first trailer. But is it the same creek in two different seasons or two completely different unnamed creeks?

wJEVrdK.jpg

I would assume most of the valleys between the mountains have creeks of varying size. If I were to guess i'd say they were two different ones.

• Like 1