DuPz0r

RDR2 Mapping [Interiors & Out of Map inc.]

23 minutes ago, DuPz0r said:

Been scrutinising this panorama for the last 3 hours... Changed the brightness and contrast to extremes that aren't good for the human eyes. And i think I've found the sweet spot.

Update:

vXuBddj.jpg

Still one thing that bugs me... Where the fuck is this elusive Emerald Ranch...?! Reckon it got changed or removed since the days of the leaked map?

Something just doesn't feel right with the right side of the image.

If you look just above your Balsam Rise and below the lighthouse there's a slither of water, perhaps that's the Roanoke river.

Also i'm assuming that's a railway junction left of the lake? Too big and sweeping to be a road junction, doesn't match up with any rail on the map though.

Edited by ViceMan
  • Like 1

Some less obvious ones now...

1683.jpg

^Long-ass bridge must be the one near Lone Mule Stead going towards Horseshoe Overlook. Scenery fits.

1682.jpg

1680.jpg

^Pretty sure these are the Kerosene and Tar place. Note "No Smoking" sign on the tanks.

1672.jpg

1671.jpg

1670.jpg

^Definitely Kerosene and Tar place. Says it on the sign to the right.

1647.jpg

^South side of Valentine. Lawyer building on left, gun shop is right of that. Shack next to Keane's Saloon on far right in background.

1623.jpg

1622.jpg

^I'm 99% sure where these go on the map for St Denis.

1612.jpg

^Bacchus Bridge

1603.jpg

^Rhodes. Using the stack of what-looks-like-tires to the right of the small house, it appears to be the same house from the opening train scene. The train tracks in this pic are on the left along the wire poles just out of view due to the hill. You can see this hill in the opening scene once Arthur climbs up onto the train roof.

1592.jpg

1591.jpg

^Annesburg. First shot is the top of the tipple. Then the first person view is them going up the hill beyond.

1644.jpg

^Doesn't appear to be Armadillo or Valentine for that matter. Even Tumbleweed doesn't look like it would fit back-in-the-day. So it's either one of the other places we have yet to really see or in that Mexico/whatever-island.

update 2 hours later:

I'm going to hate the St Denis map until we get the full thing...

radar-stdenis-changes2.png

^Note the bank location. It matches the middle X on the heist map.

That or someone finally un-bends the whole thing. I was trying to find the edges of the polygons but it appears to be more detailed than one would think:

radar-stdenisingame3.png

• Like 3

I just shuddered, I heard a voice in my head saying "IT'S HEEEERBERRRRT MOOOOON!"

Any plans to do interactive town maps Fitty? Put a player icon on the map where screenshots are. Or too much effort for not enough reward? I found most of those myself but it might help others. There are still people on Reddit saying Dupz and the leaked map are fake. :D

Edited by ViceMan
  • Like 2

I was looking at the other end of armadillo. >_< cool pic. I assume someone else made it? Could be worth a tweet.

@vicey I wanted to do that for gtav but it wasn't working right. Would be cool. Although we are only 24 days away so might not be worth the effort.

1 minute ago, TreeFitty said:

I was looking at the other end of armadillo. >_< cool pic. I assume someone else made it? Could be worth a tweet.

@vicey I wanted to do that for gtav but it wasn't working right. Would be cool. Although we are only 24 days away so might not be worth the effort.

Yeah some guy n GTA Forums called 'Chinese Takeout' made it i believe.

https://gtaforums.com/topic/871493-mapping-red-dead-redemption-2-landmark-analysis-thread/?do=findComment&amp;comment=1070467584

1650.jpg

I'm still on the fence after looking at this image again - I think we're both half right Dup, i'm still certain that river that runs into the lake isn't the Roanoke, it's too small and goes in the wrong direction. I still think i'm right in that it meanders down into Flatiron Lake past Dewberry Creek. The Roanoke to me must be that tiny bit of water you can see above the shocker, and i've always believed the shocker is west of the river. But that screen definitely shows the whole Lemoyne peninsula out to St Denis and Rhodes. Also that railway intersection is bugging me since it doesn't match up with the map, the nearest would be the line that runs up and down west of Siltwater Strand and Merkins Walter(?), but it could've changed from the draft I guess.

cIldE7U.jpg

I'm not even sure if i'm happy with this theory in regards to the shocker rock location; it's too far south. I feel it should be north of where i've put it here. But this theory is quite a bit of guesswork based on the shape and geology of that rocky outcrop which seems to form a natural course for the Roanoke river and is roughly the right shape.

Edited by ViceMan
  • Like 1

I just read on Reddit that the entire original map has been confirmed by R*.

https://old.reddit.com/r/reddeadredemption/comments/9ks3e1/entire_map_of_rdr_to_be_in_red_dead_redemption_2/?st=jmrzgtgf&amp;sh=c114707d

That doesn't look like anywhere in NA to me. Hmmmm.

Edited by ViceMan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No way! Sweet!

I'm still hesitant to believe for some reason. Maybe i don't want to get my hopes up, or maybe i only believe what R* tells me. Straight from the horses mouth.

And yeah, at first glance i feel like that shot could be Scarlette Meadows looking out over the Nuevo/Austin, but i don't know anymore...

40 minutes ago, DuPz0r said:

And yeah, at first glance i feel like that shot could be Scarlette Meadows looking out over the Nuevo/Austin, but i don't know anymore...

Dunno, that part of NA is more swampy around Thieves Landing, it doesn't look like Cholla Springs (but that's what i'd go for out of the three) and Gaptooth Ridge/Rio Bravo had more of a reddish colour to them. It could be looking directly south over Flatiron to the Nuevo side, but i'm sure the desert didn't extend up that far or you'd have seen it from Blackwater, not that that side of the lake was very detailed IIRC. Once again we need someone with RDR to take a look.

Edited by ViceMan
  • Like 1

Map Update v0.71

- Added Armadillo(New Austin) to the map

- Added Black & White Lizard location to the map

- Added Treefitty's updated town maps

- Changed layout of map to accommodate more landmass

xiaIZRC.jpg

• Like 2

And so it begins - how much of an insignificant fragment of the map have we seen so far?

looking good anyway, puts it all into perspective. Just change Lone Mule Steed to Lone Mule Stead and we're good. :P

• Like 1

Yeah I looked at that but it wasn't conclusive, it's too hazy to properly make out and from what I could see they aren't a close match. That would make the most sense at this point though. I also considered the far side of the Lannahechee river but that's getting a bit far away, the map would be really wide and it makes more sense to fill in other areas like that northern portion of Mexico first before crossing that river. (Even though it is across that river.)

I found a screen on that ResetEra forum, page 3 if you're interested; https://www.resetera.com/threads/red-dead-redemption-is-native-4k-on-xbox-one-x-screenshots-thread.35346/page-3

YDqDoCd.jpg

Right hand side mountain is a close match, there's that ridge in front that seems separate though.

Edited by ViceMan
  • Like 1

Here's that panoramic and a clearer shot of the Snowy mt/ West Elizebeth next to eachother. You can see if the far right corner that the desert landmass matches up, which also matches the new screenshot.

1650.jpg

nTHkluL.png

1689.jpg

That would be the unknown southern landmass across the Mexican boarder directly south of Flat Iron.

A lot of the previews states that R* said they could go as far as the eye could see. And i'd imagine that bit of land is much more visable from the Horseshoe Overlook camp, which is where i'd aslo bet some of the previewers asked that very question.

• Like 1

I know most R* games have a "if you can see it you can get to it" thing going on, but RDR was/is a continuous landmass, GTA games are usually islands floating out in an endless ocean. There has to be a cutoff somewhere, bordered by impassable mountains or rivers.

My current guess based on what i've seen is that shot is NA side of the river, somewhere in Hennigan's Stead looking southeast towards Manteca Falls and the Mexican southern map border. At first it didn't make sense because Diez Coronas is at that end of the map, but you've got the rise up to Torquemada and the Butter Bridge, which I think would be off screen to the right of this shot. The mountain does match up pretty well with the one I posted above, but that shot was taken near Crooked Toes which is at the other end of Mexico, it is looking east though so perhaps they are the same.

Pretty much that Dup, just a bit more south I think.

Was looking at this on Reddit; https://old.reddit.com/r/reddeadredemption/comments/9kz817/its_waiting_for_us/?st=jmsyls23&amp;sh=91a94535

Edited by ViceMan

Yeah i mean it could be complete BS about the see it, go there quote. I'd assume it would be impassable mountains and rivers that would make the world barriers anyway. I'm still not going to believe anything unless i can see Arthur or anything moving around on the Mexican side to be honest.

I think we'll get Mexico, can't see where else the desert area could go TBH. I've still not forgotten my crazy west-northwest of the mountains theory though.