DuPz0r

RDR2 Mapping [Interiors & Out of Map inc.]

In between frying my brain trying to line things up, I am doing a little historical New Orleans research of my own (since I like that stuff). I'm not entirely sure the post card is where Dup thinks it is and have been trying to find a better location but the in-game map from the trailer is almost useless to find out where the street cars are. The building footprints are also more basic.

The building in the background of this robbery shot has similar architecture to the H.B. Stevens & Co building (with a bit of the Crescent Billiard Hall next door):

1180.jpg

https://www.google.com/maps/@29.9533515,-90.0694928,3a,43.5y,203.09h,97.3t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1swMbB2LrZ_zJcboG7LuMUJQ!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

New+Orleans+circa+1890.+The+Clay+Monumen

^They are the two buildings all the way on the left. The third building is the Robinson theatre previously mentioned. So assuming that is correct, there is a chance the bank is nearby the statue and others.

And on the subject of the statue as a reference point, it wasn't in any special area in real life. It was plopped down in the middle of a wide street. Not even at the end:

2009670.jpg

• Like 1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Treefitty
Just a nuance: I don't think the building in the background of this robbery shot is H. B. Stevens & Co building with a bit of the Crescent Billiard Hall, I think it's the Crescent Billiard Hall:

1. it seems to have a pediment, so it's maybe a two-story building
  2. same embellishment of the second floor
  3. Columns of glass per window from left to right: (2) 2 2 1 2 1 2 2 (2)
  4. in 1900, the second floor had a balcony in the front.

https://i.imgur.com/IrjwT3R.jpg 

Edited by koeklin
  • Like 2
  • Like 1

@Treefitty I wouldnt rely on my positioning of the postcard that was more of a guess than anything. You're working on the town map so you probably have better judgement of where things should be.

@Koeklin welcome, thanks for the input dude.

I stand corrected. ^_^ Still should be same area in-game.

@Dup: It wasn't a bad placement but yeah I've been staring at it a lot so I'm getting a bearing on where things should be.

Here's a glimpse at where I think the post card could be. I used your colors for the buildings:

radar-stdenistest.png

tNPOqzk.jpg

Notes:

- City Hall (Gallier Hall) is next to a park in real life (where the Clay statue was moved to)

- I put in dashed black lines for the streetcars. Good portion is guesswork.

- Still can't quite place where the bank would be with the previously mentioned building across the street and street cars running by. It could be to the left of the lower Xs in that standalone building. The billiards hall would be just above the second X.

- I also put in what is likely the French Market on the right. The triangular shape and proximity to the railroad and waterfront seems like an obvious place.

French Market: 1910

• Like 2

I think i may have solved something which i mis-read as Pyramid a long while back. I think we're looking at The Loft and these are Northern shots of the map.

zlfh4gu.jpg

I could be wrong, but it's the closest match i've found.

I mean it would make more sense in regards to the train bridge shot, but I thought we'd already established this was the far left mountain down in Big Valley?

1136.jpg

It's to the left of Valentine that's fo sho'.

1541.jpg

(I will reiterate my thoughts on the matter; I think your shocker rock/Balsam Rise is waaay too far east, to me it's more in the centre/east of the map, somewhere north of Clingman area.)

Edited by ViceMan

I know my brain is imploding i keep seeing these two shots and the mountains match in both ? I'm looking at them too much.

I still think Big Valley matches better but when i look at that panorama from Emerald Hill i just cant help but feel it looks right also.

Compare them;

1282.jpg

1090.jpg

She's be on the far left, yaaaarrrr. (Don't know why i'm a pirate.)

Where's Grizzly if you propose that these mountains are in its place? Although like I said before, we haven't seen much of the Grizzly since the first trailer, it probably looks totally different.

My brain is basically done with this so for now here is Saint Denis:

radar-stdenis.png

For the most part the building outlines are guesses since the robbery map generalized everything. Streetcar route guess is gray dashed lines. Parts from the red map (that I'm pretty sure are the street car) are black.

------------------------------------------------------------

And aside from the recent screens/post card and the gameplay trailer robbery I think this is the only other definite Saint Denis image:

1367.jpg

Building in the back left is the only reference point. Not sure if this is a park or cemetery. There's a couple spots on the map with open areas that could fit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah i've never been sure with that screen, but assumed it was Saint Denis due to the size and architecture of the building. I would say it's the park, unless there's some sort of scientific institute there. Does New Orleans have anything like that from the same era?

Amazing job dude!

Map Update v0.70

* Big update to Treefitty's Town Maps!

* Added all remaining (legible) settlements

* Added State Borders

* Added more mountains landmarks

* Added illustration for Strawberry

iHUyjeg.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, GunSmith said:

Unbelievable work, everyone! I'd love to see the lads at R* react as they watch you all stitch their world together. :lol:

"Shit, they're on to us! Scrap everything and start over, see you in six years!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Could this somehow be on the other side of this mountain of the other desert shot? That puts the new one in RDR1 landspace, and the original mystery one somewhere South in Mexico... :o

eYl9J4V.jpg

I posted this on GTAForums too and everyone is going crazy at the thought of a massive sweeping desert across the Mexican border.

/edit I think someone over there has actually found the spot from that second image in Río del Lobo.

Tw7489F.jpg

If that's the case, that puts the first desert image further North... What's further North from here?

3 hours ago, DuPz0r said:

Amazing job dude!

Map Update v0.70

* Big update to Treefitty's Town Maps!

* Added all remaining (legible) settlements

* Added State Borders

* Added more mountains landmarks

* Added illustration for Strawberry

iHUyjeg.jpg

Do you think this is the entire playable area or do you think New Austin and the original Red Dead map will be included also? 

Unsure at this time, but very likely since New Austin has been mentioned as well as "Sweeping Deserts", which doesn't fit anywhere on this leaked map.

And well, the evidence above shows that second desert image is more than likely in RDR 1 territory!

46 minutes ago, DuPz0r said:

Unsure at this time, but very likely since New Austin has been mentioned as well as "Sweeping Deserts", which doesn't fit anywhere on this leaked map.

And well, the evidence above shows that second desert image is more than likely in RDR 1 territory!

Getting so hyped!

Amazing job on the map looks great. 

• Like 1

We may end up temporarily fleeing to Mexico or New Austin at some point in the story, only to be barred from reentry later on. Surely they'd wanna keep it under wraps if it were a permanent piece of the map, but I can't help but feel we should have seen more angles of the old map/landforms in the screens and trailers if that's the case.

...this is gonna be a long month. :wacko:

• Like 1

Yeah i thought about switching the around lol. Cool.

I'm thinking about doing an animal map but i think i might wait until we have our map looking more like the final map, then we can actually use it for iRD.com location guide maps or something.

Could do one for flowers and all that as well as whatever other collectables there may be. And then a complete onr with everything on it.

14 hours ago, DuPz0r said:

/edit I think someone over there has actually found the spot from that second image in Río del Lobo.

Tw7489F.jpg

If that's the case, that puts the first desert image further North... What's further North from here?

My hunch is that's just a coincidence, but I think we'll definitely be seeing Mexico at this point. Hopefully we'll get a gameplay vid tomorrow, whether we see some other parts of the map however is another story.

It's weird that we know so much yet so little; the area we have mapped is pretty accurate, but it could end up being a quarter of the playable area. Either R* have been showcasing the entire map in the trailers and screens (which i'm 99% sure isn't true due to the elusive desert,) or they've chosen that portion of it exclusively for some reason and withheld the rest.

• Like 1
  • Like 1

Yeah i'm in the same mind-frame as you.

I feel like if the whole of RDR1 map was in there we would have seen more of it by now, unless it's R*'s intent to avoid showing it.

On the other hand, we could just be seeing a glimpse of that south american Island. It may seem small but after visualising the scale of this map for so long, two (plus whatever we dont see off the top) grid squares (if to scale) actually seems like quite a lot of land mass.

Then you have the other theory that we could go for a trip to New Austin or Nuevo for a one time mission, but then they'd have to make all the landscape around it and not let us free to roam it... Which makes no sense.

And my final guess is maybe they added that part of the map for RDR Online only...? Sounds shit i know.

• Like 1