DuPz0r

RDR2 Mapping [Interiors & Out of Map inc.]

Was thinking that, but nothing makes the letters any clearer. :D It's the same size and font as the text above so I was going to try and transpose letters from that onto it until I make a word. I think the only thing we can agree on is the first letter is L.

Some other things; The Saint Denis puzzle box that comes with the CE has Lemoyne written below it, do you think this is the region name for Bayou NWA or is it just a company that makes the puzzle?

Also, has nobody considered the fact that the leaked map grid begins with H and 4, doesn't that suggest there is more above it and to the left. (I mean the fact that there's a place name cut off at the map edge suggests there's more to it.)

Looking at the original 'demption map there's a key for danger, but I think that would come under gang hideout here. I dunno, i'm not sure if that means enemy gangs or our gang. The fact that there is a gang hideout/caravan camp key suggests it's our gang, but perhaps we clear the enemy gang out first and claim it as our own.

Yeah i assumed we take over gang hideouts and make most of them our gang camps through-out the story. Maybe we'll get to do them in our own order, or get an option to do one or the other first.

Not sure if you guys called this one out yet or not. I forget, since i'm constantly looking through all these stills lol

dEwpvD7.jpg

Where do we think this is set then? The train says Southern Eastern which suggests the railway would more than likely travel From Annesburg down to Saint Denis or even all the way to Rhodes...?

I just assumed it was those two bridges you pointed out a while ago with the bear fighting the wolves, is it not?

Also I like how there are different train models in this game.

Edited by ViceMan

Well, I didn't really think that was the same spot since the track seems more inset between the rocks on the bear/wolves image, but that might just be the lighting. On these shots, it's more lit, and feels higher. You could be right though.

Looking at the way the track is laid out, it looks like there is probably three potential commercial train lines. One that goes around the entire north section, and one that travels mostly around the heartlands. And then the one in the South East within the second one. Unless one is purely for shipping and logistics, but i doubt it.

I've painstakingly painted out all the grids, blips and named locations just to get a clean image of the mountains (originally for personal use). It may come in handy, so i decided to share it. I tried not to take too many artistic liberties in filling in the blanks! ?

4nKInqy.jpg

• Like 1
  • Like 3

The only other shot I can conclusively link to those rail bridges is this one;

1145.jpg

This one i'm 60/40 about;

EmKl0A1.jpg

Originally I thought it could be the range on the right of that shot, but it's too inconclusive to say.

Edited by ViceMan

DhV9CnO.jpg

gwkxWOH.jpg

7 hours ago, ViceMan said:

This one i'm 60/40 about;

EmKl0A1.jpg

Originally I thought it could be the range on the right of that shot, but it's too inconclusive to say.

Yep, that is the same mountain from the Great Plains perspective.

N3Zzj8a.jpg

• Like 1

So for the desert my logical theory is that it is down south Mexico way, past Flat Iron Lake and Hennigan's Stead. My crazy theory is that it's west north west of what we can see currently, out beyond those mountains.

I tried to clean up that awful purple river on the leaked map. There's actually a lot of hidden detail in there amongst all that blue and purple which is actually land.

Dw5tZr0.jpg

I chucked my map in a 3D engine and created a displacement map, with tessellation. Looks kinda cool seeing it in 3D. It's not that accurate, but still nice to see the map in that way.

asZZGFm.jpg

Take a look at it yourself in 3D if you want: https://skfb.ly/6AWL7

• Like 3

I'm a bit pooped out on mapping now, need some fresh screencaps from the next gameplay vid to revitalise me. Hopefully we'll see some more desert.

• Like 1

Actually there was one more thing I made but forgot to post.

9hFrMEA.jpg

It's probably totally wrong, I think the rail line by the lake is a bit off. If the lake is indeed under the purple border line then it's a bit far away from the rail.

My basis for that being that the large rocks on the left seem to be in the centre of the map somewhere east of Valentine and the nubbin rocks.

Edited by ViceMan

Same here, i'm essentially waiting for new content to look through. We've exhausted most of the content so far. That's why i went on and did the terrain thing on the side.

And yeah Fitty, i assumed we already knew that series of shots was Dakota River. But good reference point to have it posted up here anyway.

Decided to tweak the mountain range on my map since i hadn't really changed it around much since i first put it together. Also did a bit of linking too.

Some things need a bit of a change. What i originally called "Three peaks" is actually "Four peaks". Which i'll be fixing asap.

0vejqYZ.jpg

aSpQyBt.jpg

(I realised after i posted this i forgot to move Teepee North, higher than Olympus, which is where it should be).

• Like 1