Sign in to follow this  
DuPz0r

RDR2 Trailer 1

well now, that was very scenic... not much, as i expected... i was thinking it'd be a minute long... i liked it tho, sounds like a new protagonist after all... unless that was just a side character giving you the lowdown...

Oh ok, nice.

I'm gonna start a mapping thread. See if we can piece any of the locations in the trailer together. Feel free to help if you want. If you don't want to know anything, stay clear.

1 hour ago, DuPz0r said:

Did anyone else think Zancudo with that river shot?  :lol:

I did actually, as soon as I saw it.

Don't think the guy speaking is the protag, but I guess we'll see.

Ok, rock (mesa) behind the tree at 0:10 looks like the same rock at 0:57.

(smaller rock is to the right which looks similar too.)

Sun is setting or rising so it's either looking east or west.

The mountain profile has a distinctive flat section at 0:32 (centre right above the mule) and 0:57 (far right, to the right of ze pointy butte) the peaks either side of the flat section don't quite match but different viewpoints, angles, perspective etc. could account for that.

Same mountain profile at 0:36 above the tree, seems to closely match with that of 0:57.

Edited by ViceMan
  • Like 1

Screencaps for anyone that cares.

Breakdown of what I noticed:

• A lone rider greets the sunrise in a hilly area. Draw distance is already looking good.
  • Elk are shown in a lush frontier.
  • Sheep on a farm with rats scurrying around in the foreground.
  • A fox hunts down a squirrel in the forest as sunlight streams through the trees.
  • Pelicans glide around a small, winding river valley.
  • A campfire lights up the trees under a starry night sky.
  • A rancher brings home a deer carcass on horseback as robins look on from a fence.
  • Two men enjoy a canoe ride as we pass along the shore. Notice something hanging in the tree?
  • Buffalo walk along the railroad as a train attempts to get by.
  • Two well-to-do men (who look similar to Trevor and Michael btw) in a carriage pass in front of common folk at a general store. The dog appears to watch the carriage roll by.
  • A cowboy saddles up as cattle pass the barn.
  • Vultures take in a coyote carcass as a dog barks next to them. People go about their business as a burned-out building smokes in the background.
  • A horseback rider strolls over to a field of burning oil derricks.
  • Presumably the same person - possibly our protagonist - looks around at the flames.
  • A posse takes off into the fields looking ready for a fight ahead.
  • Like 2

I'll keep editing my post above as I see things, i'll leave it up to Dup or yourself if you want to put them into the form of a map, I know that's more your thang.

2 hours ago, bOnEs said:

it looks like michael and trevor!!!! :lol:...

That scene reminds me of Back to The Future 3 where Marty meets Seamus McFly (with Michael J Fox playing both parts obviously) and 'Mad Dog' Tannen (Thomas F Wilson)..... if that makes any sense!

Anyway, my first thoughts about the trailer is, well it looks absolutely stunning.  Don't see why they have to say 'Fall 2017' though when we all know it'll be delayed anyway! ;) 

If the potential for Dutch, Bill and John to be in it doesn't hint at a prequel then counting the number of bison (yes, bison, hah!) is a sure fire way to prove it takes place before.

Is every topic in this subforum really going to start with "RDR2"?

Edited by ViceMan