DuPz0r

General Discussion ~ iRedDead.com

rdr2 looks like it could be a online only coop game, with teams of seven. Kinda like that one ps4 launch game i can't remember. Rockstar used to be about the story, now i'm not really sure.

I doubt it. Stories are what they are all about.

"Developed by the creators of Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption, Red Dead Redemption 2 is an epic tale of life in America’s unforgiving heartland. The game’s vast and atmospheric world will also provide the foundation for a brand new online multiplayer experience."

"... will also ..." tells me online is in addition to everything else (story mode). RDR's online was kind of a foundation for GTA Online so I'm sure most of us assume RDR2's online will build upon GTAO.

people were trying to make a point of the "heartland" part of the sentence the other day, and referencing the leaked map that had the same name... i fucking lol'd so hard because if you live in america, you know the heartland represents the vast open world of the midwest, not a name on a map :lol:... i was mostly ignored, but people will read into anything nowadays... god damn europeans run most of those big twitter fansites, we're probably the most well equipped fansite for this game since this is our land, north america...

heartland... lmao, of course the game takes place in the heartland :lol:...

• Like 2

RDR2 promo stuff is starting to pop up in stores...

https://www.rdr2.com/news/red-dead-redemption-2-promo-merchx/

look as this dude with the lucky addy <_<...

promo_box-800x450.jpg

promo_poster-e1482864283596.jpg

prolly post these on facebook in a bit, once i get home...

• Like 1

R* have been careful not to speak to soon for this one. I think this has been in development since GTA V was released, probably even began before that...

They've stayed really quiet for a few years about any new games, which is telling me that they've just kept their heads down on the project.

I think there will be a minor delay, but we'll see it by the end of the year, latest Spring 2018.

On 10/23/2016 at 11:38 PM, TreeFitty said:

I doubt it. Stories are what they are all about.

"Developed by the creators of Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption, Red Dead Redemption 2 is an epic tale of life in America’s unforgiving heartland. The game’s vast and atmospheric world will also provide the foundation for a brand new online multiplayer experience."

"... will also ..." tells me online is in addition to everything else (story mode). RDR's online was kind of a foundation for GTA Online so I'm sure most of us assume RDR2's online will build upon GTAO.

call of duty has a story mode....

rockstar has been unusually quiet these past couple of days... they're usually quiet on the weekends, but yesterday and today, they would of RTd people by now, or posted 3 or 4 posts telling you about the current online discounts... maybe they're clearing the palate for some new RDR2 stuff? perhaps a couple teaser screenshots?? screenshots were the approach they did with GTAV if i am not mistaken... eventually leading to gaming articles... we didn't even know it was 3 protags until months and months later...

either way, i am probably wrong, but i wanted to share this anyways because i am used to their social media presence, and they've been a bit suspiciously quiet this week... and their 2 snapmatic contest roundups last week seemed rushed to me...

UPDATE: rockstar must of seen my post about them being inactive, they just started RTn and reposting on IG :lol:...

RDR 2 will break a billion, just like GTA V. Hell, it might even outsell it. The new Rockstar wouldn't hesitate to spend a fortune on a Super Bowl ad, knowing they'll easily recoup the losses ten- or twentyfold from the microtransaction-riddled corpse of a franchise that was just starting to get good.