DuPz0r

General Discussion ~ iRedDead.com

Pretty amazing that the only thing that seemingly changed from the leaked map was Saint Denis. Thought a lot of those names would be placeholders but nope.

Why I didn't do this earlier is beyond me...

hmmm.png

Which raises more questions about that other island in the leaked map with Haitian names.

Edit: this chick cooking beans was the best example of the pronounciation I could find:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgEW7u0bfhY

She says "nwah" as I suspected. Another video actually spelled it "noir" (which is French for black).

10 hours ago, TreeFitty said:

Why I didn't do this earlier is beyond me...

hmmm.png

Which raises more questions about that other island in the leaked map with Haitian names.

Edit: this chick cooking beans was the best example of the pronounciation I could find:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgEW7u0bfhY

She says "nwah" as I suspected. Another video actually spelled it "noir" (which is French for black).

those beans look tasty. Now i’m hungry, but i’m fat. Now i’m fat and hungry. Thanks treefitty,

That magazine is out in the open, let me know if anyone finds the info from it. I'll look out for it too.

https://i.imgur.com/U1K2JIL.jpg

Honestly not expecting much, if anything. Doubt they've got the first Preview on the market, i think OPM has that scoop.

https://issuu.com/futurepublishing/docs/plt154.issuu

Also, RDR2 game guide book is available to pre-purchase in Germany now.

https://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/1911015605/ref=tmm_hrd_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1537284482&sr=8-3

I used to buy GTA guides for the vehicles and stats and where to find them, and collectable locations. That's literally it. We can do that all online thanks to TreeFitty & wiki's now though.

So someone on reddit posted the info from that dutch magazine. Sounds like what i expected. Rehashed Official Gameplay Trailer 1 info.

Power Unlimited is a Dutch gaming magazine. I just went into the store and got me a copy also to summarize (and translate) it for you guys.

Very little new info, unfortunately. A few pages of RDR 2 content that were mostly filler and rehashed info everyone here already knew anyways. Honestly it's unclear to me whether they have actually gotten to play the game at all.

• The main new thing (I think?) it implies is that you can pick which gang member(s) you want to take with you at any time (missions, fishing, activities, etc.). As you do this, you gain rep with them which later unlocks missions and unique rewards.

• In general, they discuss the improved interaction with the world but outside of the above point it remains as vague as Rockstar's official communications.

• There were no new screenshots detailing new locales or anything. Just screens from the trailers.

• They predict that the game will be amazing, the only downside that Arthur looks a bit bland.

• They're basically calling it the best (console) game graphically thus far, blowing other devs out of the water.

So overall pretty disappointing, and this implies that the other magazines probably won't have any more details coming either (at least this week).

It's even really difficult to figure out whether they got to see any more footage than we (as consumers) did. There was just a lot of conjecture with no basis (pretty much like the average RDR forum right now).

If you have any specific questions let me know. Just wanted to share this.

Looking forward to OPM though!

• Like 1

bland character? also, calling it the best looking game nowadays is pretty subjective, i've seen some gorgeous games, perhaps it's just the scale that make it feel so... and yea, nothing really new i guess... i sorta figured you could bring people with you to do jobs, that's why i thought that female was gonna play more of a role than people thought... but perhaps others can fill that role too now...

Who would go to the effort of wrapping rats tails intertwined with their feet and emblazoned with a head motif around a hat? Apparently Arthur Morgan would, unless one of the women at camp did it while he was asleep and he didn't realise.

I wonder if we can attach carts to horses? It does say about repair. It we would be awesome to go on a huge hunting trip for just the day and get tons of animals. Plus can a horse really carry a bear? This is gonna be fun. Hope they keep animals for online. 

Didn’t they say you can wear all animals on your head? Imagine what else other than a rat you could have maybe  a pigeon or a snake hat. 

• Like 1

Good question actually, I never considered some of the larger game. Maybe you can only skin bears and larger animals in situ, can't imagine there being a mechanic where you whistle one of the gang to come by with a wagon and you both load it on, and you wouldn't be able to do it by yourself realistically... so yeah that's going to be an interesting one.