Sign in to follow this  
CaPn bOnEs

iGTA Night - July 26 (PS4)

igta-crew-night-strip-banner.png

TUE JULY 26 - 6PM (EST) 11PM (GMT)

---
Join us this Tuesday for iGTA Crew Night! #shenanigans, user created jobs, photo ops, streaming, etc... Stay as long as you like, but please share your experience here with us for all to enjoy! Pics, videos, stories... Crew Nights are always told from multiple viewpoints, so please tell us your side of the story!

---
Theme:

igta-crew-olympics.png

iGTA Olympics... it's here, and just in time before the official olympics!!! let's get a little competitive, but still have fun... i've already assembled two playlists, but whatever challenges you're up for trying in freeroam, let's do it... i think the freeroam events might be fun B)...  and the dress code is as follows:

women:

pants:

sports shorts, booty shorts, track pants

tops:

polo tops, tank tops (full length), track jackets

shoes:

sneakers, running shoes, sports shoes

accessories:

caps forward/backward, gloves (non-surgical/trash), necklace (no chains), wristband, sports glasses, gun range glasses

men:

pants:

sports shorts, track pants

tops:

tank tops, polos (non-cholo), track jacket

shoes:

sneakers, running shoes, sports shoes

accessories:

caps forward/backward, gloves(non-surgical/trash), necklace (no chains), sports glasses, gun range glasses

i just want us looking like athletes is all, whatever kind of combination you can come up with those simple guidelines is up to you... also, if you wear a mask (ala me, sometimes kuz), that's acceptable... even hat/mask glitch is fine as long as you're wearing the hats i mentioned...

---

Emblem:

ddbfcb7a6262e7076f30cf697bb388e9651864c6

we do have an olympic emblem but i think it will look like shit with the white BG, so i guess we'll just leave this one for now...

---
Add'l Thoughts:

moved motocross to the 16th... made next week no theme night...

---
Guidelines:

* Join the iGTA community here, or befriend one of us to join the Crew. (via Social Club, PSN, Twitter, Instagram, IRL, etc.)
* Add some of us on the Playstation Network to get invited. (PSN Names are underneath our Avatars)
* You can join whenever, but the earlier the better. Ask for an invite if you want in. (We'll try to start the night out in a crew lobby to make things easier)
* If there's an "EVENT THEME", please dress appropriately. (If you don't, stay away from crew activities and play alone)
* NO CREW KILLING, unless #shenanigans happen or agreed upon. (This rule will now be further enforced due to recent engagements)
* NO DIRTY RACING! Also, listen to us if there's specific rules for a job. (A number of our jobs have specific rules, try to pay attention)
* NO BULLET-PROOF HELMETS during competitive play. It ruins the balance of the matches. (Not been an issue yet, don't make it one)
* NO CONSUMING OF SNACKS during competitive play. Be a man and die with honor. (Not been an issue yet, don't make it one)
No going off-radar in competitive matches. (Not been an issue yet, don't make it one)
* Don't ruin someone's Photo or Video if they're trying to set something up. (This can, and will get you, kicked from the session, no sabotaging on Crew Nights)

...we'll add more as we go if needed.

---
Upcoming Events:

AUG 2ND - No Theme Night

AUG 9TH - Stunt Night

AUG 16TH - Motocross Night

(Events Subject to Change Depending on Crew Thoughts or When Rockstar Releases New DLC)

Other Suggestions (so far): Rally Car Night, Rock & Roll Night, GTA Night, Vinewood Night, Fight Night, Business Night, Hipster Night, Wrestling/Fight Night, Motocross Night, Purge Night

Reoccurring Themes: Crew Blue Night, Drift Night, Stunt Night, Off-Road Night, MC Night, BMX Night, Lowriders Night, 80s Night, Apocalypse Night

booo-urns!!!

lol it's all good... it's impossible to represent countries, i just wanted us to look sporty B)...

i also made a podium job for the end of the playlists so we can take our place after the winner is determined...

3 hours ago, bOnEs said:

booo-urns!!!

lol it's all good... it's impossible to represent countries, i just wanted us to look sporty B)...

i also made a podium job for the end of the playlists so we can take our place after the winner is determined...

Oh nice. I had the same idea and made a Track n Field capture at the University track. it's got a couple of activities to partake in if we use our imaginations a bit, and i made a podium as well xD 

iGTA - Track N Field Job Image

http://rsg.ms/ee35ce7

• Like 1

oh, well we can crown a champ there too :lol:... king of shanigans!! i'm planning on putting out a tweet shortly after i get them snapped up, with the main account, announcing the winners of the playlists with podium pics B)... and we can toss in a shenanigans crown as well :D...

i built my podium as a DM tho so we can all hear each other... that might be a problem in the capture if there's more than 8 ;)....

tonight was interesting... and i don't blame myself or any of you, i blame the game for continuing to bore us every week... i've sensed it in the crew for quite some time now, and you can deny it all you want, but we are clearly not into it as much anymore... if the theme isn't ground breaking, then we break the ground :rolleyes:.... after the first olympic playlist everyone wanted to play the new stunts... after that, no one cared anymore... crew nights are getting to the point where in my little time i have anymore, i wonder why i even try... i should just let other people take charge, like dio or gtagrl or dup... plan out the rest of the nights, run the crew nights... i am running on fumes at this point... i need to take a hiatus for a few weeks or something, this 5 year run is starting to get to me, i am reaching the point where i just can't keep trying to run it every week... i seriously need a break... and i am fucking serious... there's a reason why topics are late... i am getting tired of doing it straight up...

please take the wheel, jesus, or someone else with a similar name... please give me a vacation :(... i am too busy in real life with two jobs, and freelance graphics work on the side... i've been getting burnt out a lot in life right now and tbh, as much as i love you guys, i feel like someone else could easily step up and fill in for a bit... it's my stress level that has built up to this point... i need some release... any takers??? :(... please give me a break... perhaps we can do a joint crew collab here on out or something...but for now, can someone else step up? :unsure:

i'm sorry, but tonight finally pushed me over the edge... it's been too long, i need others to help with supporting these nights B)... please do air your grievances and/or suggestions... but like i said, i have been organizing since GTA4, i could use a vacation :lol:...

*end of mental breakdown*... *i think*... *hopefully :D*

Speak for yourself, bOnEs, I'm not bored of the game, and I'm busy too, but not so burnt out that I can't play GTA once a week and have some laughs. IMHO, you spend an excessive amount of time on crew nights complaining about what we don't have, instead of just having fun with what we do have, and it's frankly exhausting to listen to a steady stream of negative, critical comments. There's nothing wrong with venting or expressing disappointment, but it's a different story when negativity overshadows everything else for hours on end. (Fanboy, that one's for you too. All sour all the time. Yeesh...) You seem to spend a lot of time complaining to us about non-crew people from Twitter (not the awesome ones we've recruited to iGTA), and you're the one saying weekly you're burnt out and don't want to play, I don't hear anyone else saying it. I think you're too caught up in social media stuff and it's affected your perspective, so maybe a break would do you good, and there's nothing wrong with taking a step back. I still look forward to seeing you guys on crew night. It shouldn't feel like a chore. 

Our usual routine of gathering, some car lineup/fuckaround, playlist one, intermission, playlist two seems to work most of the time. That said, if R* releases five brand new races on a crew night, I refuse to feel bad for wanting to play them...that's a normal thing for a fan to want to do! We fucked around in freeroam, did one playlist, argued about it then tried the new stunt races, spent too long in freeroam again, then launched the fuckaround job, then it got late, that's why things had fizzled by the second theme playlist.  

We can all step up, not a problem. You've been doing an awesome job of listing themes a month in advance so we can plan ahead. Crew nights work well when we know themes in advance enough for people to build new jobs and get playlists put together. There's a few of us that are comfortable throwing together playlists on the spot if needed, and our creators always seem to make new playgrounds for us, and push the game's boundaries, that's what's kept it interesting for me...seeing what new crazy-ass job arena, racetrack or photoshoot set location you guys will build next. The DLC stunting creator tools mean we'll have new toys to play with soon. 

Even if things aren't perfect or what you expected from new content, we can and will still "have a nice time", and it would be great if you were with us along the way when you feel ready, you're a key part of this team. I've helped you with crew night topics before, and can do it again, starting now. You aren't alone and never have been, okay, bearded scooter brother buddy of mine? :) #iGTAfamily4lyfe 

• Like 1

well put, gtagrl, well put B)... but as of today, i am stepping away from trying to organize for the time being...we're planned out for a few weeks, but maybe it's just me that is getting tired of it... or maybe i am having a mental break down in real life... but for now, i wouldn't mind if others stepped in and ran things... i am too stressed with running a graphics team, a kitchen team, and a GTA team... i need a break from one, and unfortunately, two of them pay the bills... it's not a knock on this place, i love it here, but can i get a small window of solace?? i think only gtagrl knows what i am dealing with in my "personal life" :( , which also adds to my struggle, but i think i finally realized that i could use some help here and not try to run the show all by myself...

as much fun as i had tonight, i also had a meltdown after we all parted ways, and i am still dealing with it... and i am man enough to admit that... i could just use some help with organizing here... i'll happily make new banners and such, but i am tired of playing mr. nanny, mr. vault overseer... i'd like to just join and not have to be boss is all... i just need some time right now to be another one of the guys...

• Like 1

Hell man,I know I haven't been here all that long to run anything I'll gladly step up and run at least everything online if say gtagrl runs the forums side of things considering she's a mod.I don't know,just thought I'd be the first to speak up and land the temporary role.there's obviously more people that know about this more then I do but just throwin my name in the hat.

• Like 1

I swear some shits always gotta go down when i skip a crew night.

Gonna be honest here, ive never seen you as the boss/authority/etc, bOnEs. I see you as the topic creator and the most active Twittererer, maybe that's just me but maybe it's not. This Isn't a knock on you or anything, i'm just saying aside from the pressure to create the topic each week, it seems you're carrying a phantom weight on your shoulders. Let it go, bud, i promise no ones toes are gonna get crushed :D Crew nights aren't really as organized as they use to be anyhow, most of the needed organisation if not all came from staged photo ops which we almost never do anymore. Just chiiiiill, have some fun, go find a Casey, and hit it.

I nominate weev as the temporary topic starter.

• Like 2

I'd be happy to make the topics too. I just don't have the ability too because the forum is restricted.

And what Kuz said. We don't do the staged photo thing as much anymore because we generally can get cool pics in the rockstar editor much easier. We did a 100 meter dash in dups fuck around. That is about as much direction we needed for the theme. 

• Like 1

i just need a break is all... i might even take next week off... i am getting burnt out in life right now...

it's not the lack of direction on crew nights, it's my own personal reasons...

It's not rocket science, but it is a time commitment (banners and emblems too), and your dedication is appreciated and hasn't been taken for granted. We've met pretty much every single week for the last four years!...that's a big deal. bOnEs works two regular jobs plus freelancing on the side to pay the bills on a house and car, and hasn't missed a crew night since what, his brother's graduation? Whereas Kuz's mom still makes his supper and does his laundry, and he only shows up once a month, if that. So, suck it, Kuz, don't kick a guy in the nuts when he's down.

bOnEsy, you've faithfully served as crew night wrangler on the forums for a really long time, I'll take over topics and we'll take it from there. Take a couple of weeks or all of August off from crew nights and just take a mental break, it would do you good. It takes strength and honesty to communicate what you need, well done. You take care of you. Come back when you're ready. 

There are more than enough of us to spread the work around. I mean, when DiO announced he was not doing playlists for a while there, we made it work, right? The wheels won't fall off the bus because someone else is making the topic. We'll be fine.

I'm a forum mod in name, but the reality is the site's current traffic is pretty low for that to be a big job anymore. The game is several years old, so we don't have twenty n00bs an hour posting shit in the map topic or spamming the videos thread. We still deal with issues you guys don't see, but it's not like it was a few years ago. It'll pick up again when a new game is announced or once Psy and the other red admins get to the next level with his website plans.

DiO, do you want access? We can ask Fitty to grant you permissions for the crew events section, you're already a mod on the FML portion of the site, so that shouldn't be an issue. Then you could cover for me if I'm going to be unavailable. I'm prepared to take the lead on it, but we could alternate weeks or whatever. I'm pretty easy-going, tell me what works for you.

• Like 2

S'all good bOnEs, I know you were the person who founded our organised "crew night" back in GTA IV days. So it's understandable that you feel like this big weight is on your shoulders to keep it going. If you need a break from crew nights, or just GTAO in general, then hey, it's all good. We'll all manage just fine, and will be here when you get back. DiO understands too, he was the long term playlist maker. Creating themed playlists each week, scrolling through all those jobs takes it's toll. 

But honestly, it sounds like you need to get your own life in order at the moment, GTAO organisation is just an extra burden for you. Don't take that in a bad way. It's just you seem stressed with your own problems, and they are your priority.

I won't be here next week, but as for the future, i'm happy to keep posting theme night reminders on PSN, create playlists, suggest new themes we haven't tried, and start the theme night threads if need be. As well as continue my quest for Content Creator enlightenment. 

Twitter on the other hand, i feel like it's wasting more of our time than we need it too. No-one but our crew really cares about what we're posting even if they do click a like or a retweet. Yes, you do get the occasional person that does genuinely like what we do, and if we're lucky, we get a new member. But that is the only thing that makes twitter worth while, in my opinion.

Anyway, have a nice break bOnEs.

i've made some friends on twitter outside of crew stuff... they mean a lot more to me than the people that only like my gta related stuff... those people can jump off a cliff for all i care, lol... there's a good portion of that community that literally live in los santos, while the rest of us live in reality... i still want to share crew stuff tho, there's a general interest in seeing what we're up to, and what themes we do... someone in the PALS crew twitter chat said last week that our crew looks fun, and that was just randomly after he saw another set of BMX pics... i see it almost every week tbh, it's what keeps me posting B)..

but if you don't want to, you don't have to... it's all good... i don't think it's a waste, it's just something else to do... i gave up a long time ago on trying to get us noticed by rockstar, now i just share our stuff for fun... but you don't have to if you don't want to...

and thanks for understanding, dup... i do have stuff in my life right now that is stressing me out... i am trying to do too much, and i could use a lil help here is all... and yea, i am seriously getting burnt out on GTA, so i think a small break will help out...

• Like 2

gtagrl, not cool. You know fuck all about my life. I'm not kicking bOnEs, im trying to pick him up and brush him off. We all have our problems and if you knew mine, you'd keep those bitchy comments to yourself. That's all I've got left to say about this. 

Bones, seriously man don't worry about crew night it's all good... Sort your own life out and come back when you feel ready, that's waaayyyy more important. Gtagrl, I appreciate you feel the need to put kuz in some sort of place (even if it's unfounded because in my opinion he made valid points without going after anyone personally) but you should never assume. You know what happens when you assume? You make an ass out of you and me. You don't know what anyone has going on day to day so don't pigeonhole someone. It's a shame because your 1st post I mostly agreed with, but with decidedly turning this into some sort of war against everyone else, fanboy included, you changed this from a topic about Bones' personal life and helping him deal, to something unwanted and uncalled for. I have a lot of respect for you gtagrl but on this occasion I felt that was out of line

• Like 1

i've been at it since GTA IV days, i need a vacation lol... i've been extra bitter lately on crew nights about the game so i think i need this break... i might pop on occasionally to sell some cars, and i'll prolly hang with wendy friday... but i am gonna just stay away from GTA for a while... the new creator stuff i might check out, but i feel like even that is gonna be underwhelming to me if it's only restricted to races and 100 props... but enough about me, this topic is for sharing crew night stuff so...

...here's a selfie i took because i wanted a new SC profile pic B)...

me, bmx, north, weev, grl, fanboy...

Richman

l

i look forward to seeing the snaps and vids :)...

• Like 1