DuPz0r

E3 2015

So E3 2015 is in mid-swing, and all the conferences have played out. All that remains is the game floor sessions. Let's take a look at some of the other best bits which didn't already have their own thread on the forum.

Star Wars Battlefront stepped in, with it's flashy sci-fi graphics and co-op gameplay.

Final Fantasy VII HD Remake was confirmed as under development at the Sony conference, also a timed exclusive for PS4.

Doom the latest iteration created by Bethesda got a nice shiny overhaul for current-gen and spring 2016 release window.

Mass Effect Andromeda the next in the series seems to be set in our sister galaxy Andromeda.

2885219-screen-shot-2015-06-15-at-1.11.5

The Last Guardian got pulled from the grave after more than a decade wait.

jn3UXMK.jpg

...more to come...

Horizon: Zero Dawn appeared from nowhere with it's prehistoric robots (Was that PSFanboy i heard jizz?) and beautifully vegetated environments.

xhiTvdk.jpg

• Like 2

if it wasn't for fallout, i'd say horizon stole the show for me... that game looks amazing... cool storyline too, and oh man is that world lookin' fine af!! i heard its an open world RPG as well... and considering that you hunt with a tribe, i could foresee there being a co-op multiplayer aspect perhaps??

Dark Souls 3 climbs out from the underworld with an early 2016 release window.

vHWAd4Z.jpg

Super Mario Maker made an expected light hearted appearance at E3 this year, share you own Super Mario Worlds with the everyone!

Ghost Recon: Wildlands makes an appearance with a South American flavour.

Cuphead was born, a Micky Mouse influenced platformer, exclusive to Microsoft.

sWYNzoK.jpg

For Honor takes place over three different periods in history from what we see.

2mS8riW.jpg

No Man's Sky is put in to proportion with this mind blowing gameplay teaser.

ckMgw3P.png

Anno 2205 takes to the moon in this colonial sim city style strategy game. 

u5ovLMY.jpg

Unravel reeled us in with it's thread of gameplay at EA's conference. A Little Big Planet style platformer, but with loose thread.

QUiCo8z.jpg

• Like 1

After Fallout 4, everyone else might as well have gone home. I've watched every showcase so far, and not even the Final Fantasy VII remake got a reaction as big as Fallout (FF7 was otherwise the biggest reaction I've seen).

• Like 1

Horizon was a surprising new ip. I look forward to seeing more about it in the future.

Mirror's Edge Catalyst dropped in as a sequel.

Rise of the Tomb Raider made an entrance as a Microsoft exclusive, to make us PS4 gamers that little bit jealous. 

Need for Speed (Underground 3?) rolled in with a gameplay trailer and a customization trailer.

Probably more to come, including gameplay videos from the E3 event floor.

• Like 1

After Fallout 4, everyone else might as well have gone home. I've watched every showcase so far, and not even the Final Fantasy VII remake got a reaction as big as Fallout (FF7 was otherwise the biggest reaction I've seen).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLCfp8tSREo

Dozy that you? :P

• Like 3

I heard that Microsoft's hololens promotional teaser was a publicity stunt and an inaccurate representation of the real thing. People that have tested it have informed us that the screen is tiny and no where near as expansive as they made it look with the minecraft board thing. Microsoft responded with sonething like "this is our visionary goal for the launch of hololens" (paraphrase). Other augmented reality experts suggest that this type of thing with the board is very technical and hard to pull off as smoothly as Microsoft made it look.

So it seems like that minecraft demo was smoke and mirrors unfortunately.

• Like 1

That's pretty much what start-up companies do. They make a promotional video for some awesome thing they are doing and make it look flawless. Except by the time they show the video the real thing is still a mess of wires and circuit boards that barely works. It's just a lure for investors.

Rockstar and other game developers do similar things. The trailers always look better than the actual game.

not to sound like a fanboy, but i prefer sony's approach with morpheus... a wrap around projection... i don't want to have to clear off a table in my living room just to play minecraft, which to me seems like the only decent use for it... if they can get the optics right, i'd much rather wear a VR headset exploring fallout 4 instead of trying to find a place to play minecraft...

Aside from sticking you in a spherical room with projectors, there's really no way around having to put on a helmet/goggles/glasses/etc. Until they develop technology that can shoot visual scenes straight into your head.

which will be totally doable one day..

until then, though this is is all gimmicky and won't become main stream.

I'm sure it will be one day but it probably won't be practical until we're all in nursing homes or dead. They already have technology that can roughly (extremely low-res) digitize what we see and transmit it to a computer/TV screen so I'm sure they'll find a way to go the reverse route eventually.

E3 2065 can't come soon enough. :P

Lol! Never really was a fan of Tinal Fantasy, but I did lose it at the Shenmu III.

Rise of the Tomb Raider made an entrance as a Microsoft exclusive, to make us PS4 gamers that little bit jealous. 

Don't be jealous Dup. Although Rise of the Tomb Raider was one of the games I was looking forward to playing on my xbone this fall, I think by the time I get to it the PS4 version will have come out. The release date for RoTR is November 10th, and I'll be too busy building an empire in the wastes to bother with some pre-apocalypse treasure hunt.
  • Like 2

Doesn't bother me I'll be old as shit when technology gets there. I'll happily become a purely digital immortal.

Lawnmower man.

• Like 1