CaPn bOnEs

Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

yea, we don't have a topic for this, and i see a number of people on my friends list playing this, so we might need a place to chat about it...

WHY IS IT SOOOO HARD TO LEVEL UP?!? i've been playing since last night and i am only level 4... i've been scouring white orchard for any and everything... i've done a dozen quests, but the RP is shit... am i missing something here? even the main quest i am suppose to chase suggests i be at level 7... anyone else having this issue??

other than that, it's a fun game! the battles are little challenging at the moment, especially if there's multiple enemies... ran into a bear, the game said i could fight him, but i didn't stand a chance :lol:... i am finally getting into crafting, but i haven't found a use for some of the items yet... got a cool sword, some decent armor, etc... the side quests are pretty enjoyable to tackle...

i'm liking it...

• Like 1

I can't fucking wait to get this game. I just bought a GTX 960 to put in my PC and it came with a free code for the game. I still have some components to buy and then there's a monitor and peripherals as well.

• Like 1

I know what you mean Bones....  I played for 6 or 7 hours and barely got out of the first village.  Leveling up is slow and you don't get much by killing the low level monsters, it is all about completing quests.  

But I love it... lots of exploration... lots of collecting... Massacre made a good point in the status updates about the visual clues being difficult to see but I am so anal about collecting everything that I usually find them all eventually...

Combat is going to frustrate me once I get to the higher rated enemies especially facing multiple ones...  

For me, the gameplay is like a cross between Fallout and Fable 2.  I hope you eventually get some sort of property or storage facility because my inventory is filling up fast....

i'm not too bothered by that... i would like to figure out crafting so i can make use of the millions of items i have... i know how to break them down, but i haven't found a smith with skills to make most of the stuff...

Any ingredients that aren't used for one of my schematics, or aren't for a schematic I found useful, I sold.

If anyone's hurting for money, go to the battlefield in the far east of White Orchard, across the road from the camp you start the game at. Most of the corpses can be looted, and have weapons worth 23-35 gold. It's not much, but the sheer number of corpses means the gold adds up.

Yeah, I didn't know they did that. I sold some to the guy with the bowl cut, and was paid shit for them. Going to find out if the quartermaster at the Black Ones' camp will pay better.

Edit: Nope. Pretty pointless, since there's no in-game economy, and thus no reason for merchants to pay less for an item than it's worth.

that's how trading in items work in a lot of games.. you get shit back for them... i have over 600 gold now, and only 3 ?'s left on the map in white orchard, and i am ALMOST HALF WAY THRU LEVEL 4!!! this is asinine... how the fuck are you suppose to level up??

EDIT: also, how do you fight underwater?

Make sure this thread stays spoiler free. I'll be reading this thread whilst i crave the game. I'm offline until my internet provider gets me switched to my new place. And i plan on picking this game up after the weekend to play whilst i'm offline.

• Like 1

great game! very hard to level up, the developers said you will want to do alot of side missions to level up before you tackle the main stories, also, you can buy low from somer merchants and sell it higher in other towns, but they did say during a live stream i watched, that money is more like real life, you dont make millions, more like just enough to get by

I don't like that high-level enemies and quests are all over the place. Those things shouldn't show up until your level is high enough to handle it. My quest log is spammed with level 20+ quests, because there's no way to tell what level it's for until you accept it.

kind of realistic tho

It wouldn't be so bad if the leveling weren't painfully slow. It's going to be a very long time before I can clean up my quest log.

This seems like my kind of game. Relentless difficulty and no spoon feeding.

I'm hearing good things about the high difficulty settings. Well, the second highest, anyway. The highest difficulty pretty much throws you into a rape simulator.

Unlike most games nowadays, this game knows the difference between difficulty and challenge. The whole thing has been very intelligently handled, as far as challenge goes.

My only issue is based with the story and continuity - if this guy is over 100 years old and a legendary Witcher, why the fuck do I have to level him up to face creatures he would have killed in his sleep previously?  Also, the main story thread implies an element of urgency is required, yet you can't really move ahead until you've spent days doing little tasks for the people in order to rank up to face the creatures he would have previously been able to kill in his sleep...

But it's an awesome game....

They pride themselves on their 100+ hours of content. They sacrifice the sense of urgency in order to make you play through all of it.

Currently exploring a haunted tower on an island somewhere in Velen. It has absolutely nothing to do with any quest I've found, but there likely is a quest somewhere, making this whole thing pointless, at the moment.

Oh, and the first two free DLCs are out. Temerian armor pack and hair and beard style pack. The armor is sold by the guy with the bowl cut in White Orchard (near the Woesong Bridge fast travel point. Armor requires level 4), and the barber is in Oxenfurt (big city area in northern Velen/Novigrad, southeastern block of the city).

Geralt looks pretty cool with shorter hair and a goatee.

Edit: Just got the quest sending me to the island I mentioned. After I fully explored it and sailed away.

i started just doing the story last night... i was overmatched in most of my battles, but i am starting to learn that the level suggestion is merely a guideline as i was taking down enemies a level or two above me, in groups... sure i died once or twice, but that's how you learn the the strategy of each battle... thanks to skyrim and fallout, i know that i must save before i do anything anyways...

i cleaned up white orchard so i have no reason to be there anymore, except to use the smiths to peddle goods... i guess i'll look into the new DLC too... i do have a couple of really good swords... ones that every time i find a new one, don't compare... so i got that going for me for the time being... and i haven't made it to the main city in velen yet... still trying to wrap up a couple of quests in the south...

i do like this game tho, it's really growing on me the more i get comfortable with it's build B)...