Sign in to follow this  
DuPz0r

The Order 1886

I'm kind of enjoying the shit out of this game right now.

It's set in Victorian London but with a splash steampunk gadgets and inhuman foes (as well as human). A sci-fi historical re-write, if you will.

The game is well polished with great third person controls and awesome graphics.

Here's a couple of in-game screens i snapped whilst playing today.

rOPTnSv.jpg

7AGD25p.jpg

MoKMI4v.jpg

Rri3HUC.jpg

It feels like a combination of AC, and Sherlock detective work (a bit like L.A. Noire). The story plays in chapters through a wide selection of Victorian London locations including the old Victorian tube, Mayfair, Piccadily and more.

I've not played a huge amount but it definitely feels nee and interesting.

My only negative thoughts is the interactive cutscenes where you have to mash a certain button can get old quickly, but it does get you up close and personal with an enemy, which you wouldn't normally get in most cases in a gun battle. But don't let that deter you from trying this game if you're interested in it.

• Like 1

I was going to get this but a couple of reviews put me off...  The general drift was that it was stunningly beautiful but, while the gameplay had it's moments, some of it gets a bit repetitive and dull.  The story is only 10-12 hours long too apparently... I'll wait til it gets cheaper...

I actually got to the store before changing my mind and getting ACIV: Black Flag instead...  I've never played any AC games before...  

I also put some money down on The Witcher 3, which if it delivers what it promises, will most likely be my GOTY...

Looks beautiful. Is it open world, is there any multiplayer, or is it a linear narrative?

It's a linear narrative with basic choice making which doesn't really effect the story. Still fun though.

Just think of a combination of Assassins Creed, L.A. Noire and The Last of Us, it has elements of all those games.

Ginge, don't always listen to online critiques, the internet is a harsh place full of unsatisfiable arseholes. If you like linear storytelling then you will like this. As much as i love open world games, i also like polished linear games too. Max Payne, TLoU, LAnoire & Metal Gear are all good examples of linear games that i enjoyed.

from what i gathered from online reviews, which i only use to base an opinion on their opinion, it sounds like something is missing in it to make it feel like a grand experience... too many cutscenes, too much walking around interacting for more story... it sounded like the action was actually missing something, something more than a "hey here's more guys to kill!"... the tesla weapons sound really frickin cool, but the times to use it were limited because it was too busy stringing you along for the story...

i'll play it, but it is most certainly a rental for me someday down the road at this point... i couldn't find anything cool from the reviews outside of the story (which does sound really sweet)... but the reviewers could of given it a 2/10, and if i found a concept too cool to pass on, i might of considered it... it just sounds like an uncharted story, mixed in with a boring cover/shoot system... it sounds like it's just missing that flare you expect from games nowadays...

I went in with no hope at all, seeing the poor reveiws made it seem even worse, but i was surprised and have enjoyed where the story has taken me so far. The story is a little one dimensional, but it just reminds me of an Assassins Creed Narrative mixed with mythical creatures.

I think I'll be picking this game up.

I was never that interested in the game before it was announced and when I saw how it got crucified by critics, I thought fuck it.

The funny thing is though, I've got 3 friends who played the game and are really enjoying it.

I'll get into it with really low expectations and if it sucks, well hey it's an infamously short game (one of the reasons it got so much flak was because days before release, a full playthrough was leaked on youtube and it took the guy 5 hours!)

Yeah, i think it got so much hate because if the amount of cutscenes and the short game time. But if that's what the story needs then i'm fine with cutscenes. Metal Gear Solid is a prime example of a cutscene heavy game, and i enjoy MGS all the same.

I plan on platinumin this game, and if i find no need to play it again after that, then i'll just trade it in towards the next game...

• Like 1

but MGS's gameplay can't compare to the order IMO... metal gear was completely unique, and it made me want to sit thru the cutscenes just so i could get back to sneaking all over the maps... the order looks magnificent tho, probably the best looking graphics on newgen to date... and that alone helps immerse you into the steampunk world...

like i said, it just doesn't strike me as worth $60 for me... but i am certainly gonna rent it one of these days B)... i got this shiny new system and i have yet to really play anything consistently other than GTA :lol:...

Yeah it's probably not worth $60, but most games aren't these days. The price of games is extortion.

Well i completed it this morning. And I enjoyed it from start to finish. But indeed it was fairly short. Gonna play through again to collect anything I missed the first time around.

I think I'm the only one here who takes advantage of Gamestop's pre-owned game return policy, to play games like this for free.

If the game is as short as I've heard, this thing will never sell for a price low enough for me to be okay with.

• Like 1

Picked this game up yesterday after work and I'm rather pleased with it. Sure I'll probably be done with the story tonight, but honestly it wouldn't be the first time I finished a game in 2 sittings. (I once 100%'d RDR in 36 straight hours.)

The gameplay is actually pretty good, reminds me of Gears of War. My only complaint is that the reticle is inconsistent. Shots that seem to land don't, but I think it has something to do with the weapon used. I think some guns have a certain range where they're accurate, but if your target is too far then there's a chance the shot won't hit its mark.

I'm conflicted about the lack of online multiplayer though. On the one hand, I'm glad they didn't feel the need to tack it on. I also generally tend to prefer games with a focus on a decent story, rather than shouting sexualy humiliating insults at teenagers online. However, I really really liked playing Gears of War with my Xbox 360 friends back in the day. The Order feels the same minus the chainsaw lancer..

On second thought, maybe it's best not to have online multiplayer without a chainsaw lancer. Shouting sexualy humiliating insults at teenagers online just wouldn't be the same without one.

• Like 1

Apart of the excessive breathing, the dialogue is pretty cool in this game too. I'm currently on my second run through collecting newspapers and photographs etc.

Also, i fucking loved the ...

Airship chapter!

10497045_10200138249216537_7435499621383

• Like 1