Sign in to follow this  
BRO_MAN

[FAKE] 'Obey and Survive' Update

It's legit. I think.

EDIT: The logo at bottom-right links back to Rockstar's site. Probably real, seems interesting. :fap:

EDIT 2: If it ends up being real, I'll feel absolutely awful for this poor fuck:

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/communities/public/questions/202188797--Obey-and-Survive-update-idea-

EDIT 3: Where have you been, R2?!

The coding has a ton of rockstar games urls but that's not too hard to copy/paste in. Seemed weird that there were images and links for facebook/twitter/etc and an image of the cover art but those don't show on the site so what's the point.

On the upside, the Who.is comes back to Network Solutions which is used by Rockstar/Take-Two. This look-up site says it's T2.

I guess we'll find out Sunday if this is legit. Looks like the Hydra would be making a return finally.

maybe the heists update is called obey and survive? it seems strange to me to see a website leak prematurely like that if it didn't involve the only thing so far that's been mentioned for nextgen DLC...

looking at the setup, it looks tacky and not in R*'s style... i'm certainly skeptical of it... plus, when have they ever set up a website for a DLC before? it's usually just a newswire post... we're prolly being trolled by some salamandergroup...

I am with bones on this. Looking at how poor the image quality is on that site I have to say it looks fake. If it isn't then rockstar are only doing things half arsed. Secondly I don't recall ever having an update on a Sunday admittdly this is feasible. Release during a weekday so if any problems there's the maximum number of staff on to fix it. Oh well let's wait and see.

Secondly I don't recall ever having an update on a Sunday admittdly this is feasible. Release during a weekday so if any problems there's the maximum number of staff on to fix it.

reveal ≠ release...

just sayin...

the site certainly fits the design path R* takes on V stuff, let's see what's what tomorrow.

Wouldn't mind a legit dlc tho after over a year of "cosmetic" gimmicks

Secondly I don't recall ever having an update on a Sunday admittdly this is feasible. Release during a weekday so if any problems there's the maximum number of staff on to fix it.

reveal ≠ release...

just sayin...

the site certainly fits the design path R* takes on V stuff, let's see what's what tomorrow.

Wouldn't mind a legit dlc tho after over a year of "cosmetic" gimmicks

No you are right only had a quick glance on my phone so missed the reveal part of it. Just opened it up on the P.C and the quality is far better. Just have to wait till tomorrow to find out more.

when have they ever set up a website for a DLC before?

When have they ever had DLC with as much hype as heists? They were bound to do something differently.

i just sense that someone is trolling the gta community in the same way they trolled the fallout fans... hell, it could be done by the same guy lol :lol:... didn't that fake fallout site have zenimax linked to the address?

i smell a troll... but i certainly hope i am wrong...

EDIT: is that police/car pic new? seems like i've seen that somewhere...

I searched the phrase 'obey and survive' last night and came across a reddit post on r/grandtheftautov about it, with comments pointing towards the artist. I still hope its real though, at least eventually.

The cops and crooks I'm hoping for was the one where its a whole separate lobby, and you pick your side. There was talk about it when the game was first being decoded.

And Gunny I'm on sometimes, I used to come on all the time at work, (pretty much the only time I had the time to) but they've since blocked any decent sites since my company got bought out.

This doesn't add much, but with the powerless of MS Paint you can see a little more of the right side of the police line. The mugshot appears to be from IGN.

post-3-0-28872600-1417908333_thumb.png

edit: Yes, the mugshot is from IGN's transfer video ~1:38

edit2: The cop cars may be from this flickr account (it's an older snapmatic). The pic is on a few different websites but the flickr one is from September 23, 2013 so that seems very early into the game's release and likely the original.

edit3: The other two pics with cops look like snapmatics but I can't find them right now. The SWAT one might be from a trailer or another random snapmatic. As for the Hydra pic, I browsed google with all kinds of search terms for the Harrier and didn't find a similar pic. I do notice wheel chocks under the wheels which seems like extreme detail even for Rockstar. Especially if we are supposed to be stealing it so they wouldn't matter or be a realistic nuisance. That sums up my research so far.

• Like 1

called it, i swear people need to listen to me more, even if i sound drunk... R*'s formula was completely non-existent on this spoiler... it was clearly an amateur job, i hope they made the money they were shooting for when they created this... although, i think most of the GTA community tore them apart for their shoddy presentation anyways... at least the fallout teaser presented a plausible scenario... this obey and survive was utter shit...