Massacre

Fallout

So I cleared all the zones, started with Kiddie Kingdom and then Galactic Zone, followed by the World of Refreshment. By that point i'd come to the grim and saddening realisation that i'd seen the best on offer and it was just a downhill spiral of killing stuff from there on out. Nuka World went from feeling like a vast, highly dangerous and unknown place to a small, easily tamed arena quite quickly by the time I hit up the Safari Zone. At the beginning I kinda did feel like a kid in an amusment park; "I wanna go there, see that... but I wanna go there too!" Shame really, now it's all over. Stiill, a least I can take my friends back to the Commonwealth with me.

For me there is always so much more than storyline.....and I like to get my money's worth for buying the game.
Will cross into Level 200 during Nuka World. Don't need power armor, just the weapons I brought. Average DAM is 220, one shot kills all of them.
bOnES: No, you can't Ballistic Fiber the Road Leathers or Vault Suits, and the Military Fatigues are 10X better than the Army Fatigues.

For those of you who never heard of Campbell, California, a suburb near San Jose where I lived, the Grandchester Mystery House in Nuka World is a near identical ripoff of the real world Winchester Mystery House on Winchester Avenue in Campbell. The Grandchester story however, is not, that's more like the Lizzie Borden story, who killed her parents. The stairwells and doors to nowhere are identical. Another interesting ripoff is Hubology, a smirking nod to Scientology, the scam science-fiction religion by L.Ron Hubbard. Dora explains her father's name is where Hubology comes from. I haven't finished collecting their space suits, but I know where they are going because I found their secret by exploring. Finally, the Gauntlet is a near ripoff of the JigSAW Maze of Death in the parking garage near Milton General Hospital, This is one of the exits from your Vault 88. The only difference is the JigSAW maze is much more difficult with a killer reward. 

Almost covered all the game edge borders. I really love finding things like these pods, and I had to fight like hell to see them:

9-2-2016_6-27-33_PM.jpg

• Like 4

i don't remember which fatigues i had, but it was ballistic fibered... damn, i thought you could modify the vault suit :(...

i don't remember what level i was on, but i am sitting on like 4 or 5 unused perks at the moment :lol:... i guess i'll just start unlocking a different play style to add to his repertoire because i am running out of things to invest in, that's why i am sitting on so many perks...  i'm hoping to get some nuka world in tonight tho, i might invest in gunslinger because i just got a 25 bleed revolver yesterday, which is exactly what my shotgun does B)...

Dude I found the side quest glitch problem the game doesn't tell you in the hint, located in the Misc section of the pipboy..

There are 2 Cappy's at some locations. That's why they weren't registering as completed.

(Also to help you, I always go back to shotgun, etc ammo spawns and stock up to thousands over time)
Fallout 4 locations respawn ammo and shit like 24 hrs later. Good for the necessary as well as the extra.

• Like 1

L0L I just killed those "fighting dogs" you mentioned in the audio post...they were Pack mole rats.

Then I used the Gainer to fry all the real dogs in the pack before even talking to Mason first time. Nobody did anything about it.

Once it was quiet....What a loser. I liked his multi-colored gift, though. Will max it out and kill him with it.

galactic zone was super fun!! it was fucking huge, it felt like it's own DLC, probably just as meaty as automatron, if not more B)... so i guess now i've seen the two best zones out there, which is gonna make the last two seem like a cake walk lol... i didn't have the cappy quest issue like you, but after liberating the galactic zone, i noticed my star board fetch quest moved to the misc. quest section, so i can still tackle that one for the you know what :shifty:... 

i also wandered around in the northern section of the map for a bit... found a corpse that tied into something from kiddie kingdom, that was pretty cool... i am thinking that i'll at least have to do that before i leave for good, explore a good amount of the rest of the map :)... but after this i am gonna take an official break from fallout after i perhaps finish my museum... thinking about picking up mad max on the cheap... but i think i want to give myself a nice nuka-break so when i do start my delilah file in the winter, it'll feel refreshing...

I know some people find having to find the star cores tedious, but I quite liked it - blasting the shit out of everything on my way through and some decent junk along the way.  I'm still pretty early on in the DLC so still lots to do.

I don't normally bother with bits of armour - just wear my X01 MK VI power armour all the time.  Got plenty of fusion cores and all the perks to make them last longer.

Think I'll also be taking a break from Fallout after I've finished the DLC and my build at Sanctuary Hills - it's all I've played for months!  Bought AC Syndicate back in April and STILL haven't played it (partly due to needing a bigger PS4 hard drive which I still need to get sorted).

• Like 1

Problem with the star core quest is once you hit 20 and complete it, it doesn't tell you where the rest are in your pip-boy, nor do you get markers on the map for them. You just have to blindly look around. I think i'm at 27.

Anyone else disappointed you can't get Dixie as a follower... i'd much rather have some psychotic, knife-wielding, country gal following me than Gage.

1 hour ago, ViceMan said:

Problem with the star core quest is once you hit 20 and complete it, it doesn't tell you where the rest are in your pip-boy, nor do you get markers on the map for them. You just have to blindly look around. I think i'm at 27.

Did you try looking at the Galactic Zone mainframe? It lists them all.

Just finished the Hub quest line. What a wild "ride" of an ending. Great reward as well.

AFAIK the quest to restore power is later on once you have three raider settlements back in the Commonwealth.

Speaking of which, i'm having real trouble with those. I want to turn Starlight over to the Disciples, but it's greyed out in the list of settlements to attack whenever I talk to Shank. I've made sure to move out all companions, robots, Drinkin' Buddy, i've moved most of my settlers there to Vault 88 and stripped the remaining few to their pants, i've removed the settlement recruitment beacon and even killed the brahmin to try and get it to be selectable, but nothing is working. For some reason it won't let me attack it, the only thing I can think of is that one of the settlers was whining for help just before I moved them all out, I told them to go fuck themselves. But because there's still a quest there that's not active it might be preventing me from doing it. Apart from that I have no idea.

41 minutes ago, Synch said:

Did you try looking at the Galactic Zone mainframe? It lists them all.

That's true, I forgot that. I guess I need to go back there to get some more spacesuits anyway.

i have to take 3 settlements to restore power to the park?? that seems lame... i know of at least 3 settlements that are empty because i failed to defend them, lol... but i can't do that until after i finish nuka world... well damn :(...

Turns out my problem with Starlight was the silly woman giving me the quest to kill super mutants. I went to Vault 88 and found her and she still asked me to do it, seems settlers quests remain a thing even after you move them to a different location. So now Starlight is under the control of the Disciples, I just need to gather lots more skulls now to add more spikes and severed heads around the place, it's a shame the settlers I killed there can't be put on spikes, or at least have the option to remove their skulls to put on the tzompantli.

Also it'd be nice if you could put shock collars on settlers at a location so they can share with the raiders and farm, scavenge, tend to the shops etc.

• Like 3

I'd imagine it's just an X-01 due to you being high level, with that and the one in Star Control you could soon outfit your entire settlements with them. :D

Dunno, probably. Still haven't got it, being quantum coloured it probably has some sort of quantum effect... whatever that is.

I've only just realised with the exception of Savoy all the Disciples are women, Starlight is going to be a right chickfest anytime soon.

Cleared the Gauntlet, fucked around, got given a few random missions (Cappy, Hubology, NIRA), cleared out World of Refreshments

and got the special Nuka Power Armour

then went to talk to the gang leaders.  One of them (Nisha) wouldn't engage with me no matter what I did... they were always busy (glitched).  Luckily, I had a recent enough save but still had to re-do the past 4 or 5 hours... fucking annoying... 

Good fun though and I am enjoying the new areas...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ginginho said:

Hide contents

and got the special Nuka Power Armour

If you mean the one in the boat tour that's not THE special power armour, there's one better than that.

I decided I am going to try to not play fallout untill mods come out. So I can mod the little things that annoy me. Add some new shit. I figure if I do that I will enjoy Nuka world even more for my first go at it. So fuck it.

On 9/3/2016 at 6:38 AM, shabbagaz said:

I know some people find having to find the star cores tedious, but I quite liked it - blasting the shit out of everything on my way through and some decent junk along the way.  I'm still pretty early on in the DLC so still lots to do.

Loved the Star Core quest. RobCo Battlezone event was spectacular to watch! 

A great show, finally something that gave me an idea for an arena battle back in the Commonwealth...

Thinking Shabbagaztically, build a huge sport fighting arena of metal and concrete with bleachers.

Starlight Drive-In or even better, Spectacle Island. There is enough room at either.

Loved the 2 Novatrons battling, but just imagine 2 Novatrons VS. a big guy like a Sentry!  The whole event was inspiring.

I have all the robotics perks, may just go out on a limb and build it. Have the components just need to decide on location.
Would have to be a class act though, like your monumental works of art and craftsmanship. It's a goal now .

======================================================================================

Have finally met with all 3 leaders...yep I'm not far along story wise thanks to exploring and finding other stuff.

More of those weird pods that I have become obsessed with. Probably just a Cazador nest....

9-4-2016_11-22-10_PM.jpg

On 9/3/2016 at 10:39 AM, bOnEs said:

is the hubology place where you go to restore power and/or get the quest to??

Sorry bro didn't see this post. One of the Raiders mentions Hubology in the Market i think.

I had already started venturing out exploring near there checking borders, but then once they say it, its marked on your map.

It's west of Nuka Station, and quite reminded me of New Vegas as a lot of this DLC is starting to do. 

The power plant is on the mountain west, that's where power will be restored I am guessing.Have not activated anything there.

will keep that in mind, about the power thingy... and yes, i did the hubology quest today, super funny :lol:...

cleared the 4th zone, safari adventure... the only one left is dry rock gulch B)...

and this FINALLY fucking happened... took nearly a year but i finally got a perfectly preserved pie :wub:...

• Like 4