Massacre

Fallout

I'll have to get me some Fallout 3. I never got very far with NV due to crashes (autosave again) and my PS3 YLODing. I didn't get into it for some reason, I didn't really know what I was doing. I was doing missions for various people but I never seemed to get anywhere, or maybe I did... I don't know.

look forward to playing some more and getting all radioactive.

Rads are your friend, hundreds of ferals can't be wrong. :)

Plus the best irradiated sources have the good stuff - Mirelurk Eggs. Yummy.

the animal friend and child at heart perks force you to sacrifice precious SPECIAL points for charisma, the most worthless skill ever...

Then the SPECIALs are upped to 9, if they are not already at 10, by the Almost Perfect Perk.

I had a few below 10 so I went for it this play. Most were at 9 or above already.

I took the Child at Heart at like Level 28 as it was one of the only ones left worthy. There really wasn't much left.

there's still 29 levels before that last one... if i took the child one that late, i wouldn't get much use out of it... i actually used the intense training perk early on a few times... and besides, there's always a lot of times where there just not a good perk to take at the moment, so i spent it on a SPECIAL skill... it would be nice if the next fallout allowed you to save the perk points for the ones you really want to use them on, like skyrim... new vegas made it every 2 levels, but it's just too often in fallout 3, and not enough variety...

perk trees need to be in the new fallout...

Does anybody have a simple guide for maxing all levels in 3 to 100?

I always start sensible but end up getting the wrong perks.

There's really no simple solution, just trial and error. :P

Exploring is always the best bet early on. Reason is you'll find more skill books.

That makes it much easier to max out your skills. Plus you'll find everything, making more money.

As for your actual skill and perks, depends on what you want out of it. Sniper, Pyro, Energy, Melee, etc...

I never follow the story line until later, I just hit the road and start finding stuff and fighting.

Take the comprehension perk which increases your value of reading skill books, like one point.

Educated is even more like 2 or 3 extra skill points per level.

Scrounge type and Bloody Mess are a wasted level up after your first play, the novelty is gone,

now they are taking valuable points away from you that you could use elsewhere.

Intense Training, and Tag! are real valuable. I usually take the training a few times.

I stick to the risky early game exploring, it's just too fun. Go for stealth, crouching while moving, so you don't get killed.

Remember the sites with no fast travel point that you discover, so you can go back for all the loot.

Looting is very important because you need money, as it buys happiness.

Wear barter point clothes when selling if your barter skill is low. Most clothes have a certain area of value.

[i'm sure you know Rivet City discount is better than Moira's bullshit discount because she charges more.]

Remember to get the rare stuff off of the 4 Canterbury vendors early as possible as they always die.

Sometimes if you're lucky in a game, you can find all 4 bodies, getting their stash keys.

I always sell everything unless a craft item, weapon, or other useful thing, so you'll have money early on.

Just explore and find everything, and don't pass an opportunity for a random encounter.

I guess this is how I've ended up with a desk top full of skill books, and all the levels at 100.

BedroomDesk.jpg

When you're maxed out, you will miss the journey that took you there.

I always want to start a new game after the final DLC Zeta....I've found everything already.

One more note - always make friends with Casdin, and trade the Enclave stuff with him.

By game end, you'll have more than enough to keep one of each Enclave item and keep selling.

I've found more of the Enclave Outposts than the Wiki guys.

• Like 3

Just want to throw an idea in about Fallout 4. I would really like to see a 2 person co-op in these games. No split screen bullshit though. And no deathmatch and massive amounts of people in one world. Just a simple co-op.

And for VATS, make it real time online instead of pausing the game

3 or new vegas?? actually, that doesn't matter... i finished playing through another character on 3 just last month...

get reday to immerse yourself into the world of 50's propaganda and nuclear technology, then advance time 200 years after the big boom, into the middle of a bleak world with remnants of the old world that once was... then throw in raider gangs and scary mutated creatures... it'll feel similar to skyrim, but with it's own dark humor... and guns...

theres

follout 3 GOTY edition. 14 bucks

new vegas, 14

and new vegas ultimate edition. 21

I dont know what the difference is to any of then.....what should I do? lol

is new vegas a whole new game? for some reason I thought it was DLC

fallout 3 was the first bethesda game, new vegas followed up in 2 years... i would personally recommend playing 3 first, it does a good job of throwing you into the world of fallout... if you like 3, you'll love new vegas...

icon11.gif

Yah theres no point in rushing into the "newest" game. I'll probably get my monies worth from fallout 3 for sure. by then new vegas will be cheaper. Dawn guard for skyrim will probably too. I know eventually it will be half price. And ive had enough mods in skyrim to make it feel like a new game already. I probably wont even stop playin that cause of fallout 3. im fucking addicted.

and newbie advice for fallout 3?

what perks to get? any tricks and what not.

charisma isn't really important in this game, it only has a few perks tied to it, and those could be better suited for skills like strength, luck, and agility... plus, you could sink points into speech or barter to off-set the lower starting point in those skills...

perks that boost skills by 5 are nice quick boosts, but you can advance those skills anyways when you level up next time... lead belly is pointless, here and now is kind of waste of a level and a perk... scrounger and fortune finder are up to you... if you look hard enough, you can find more ammo and bottle caps anyways, especially through trading... take comprehension early and the one that gives you 3 extra skills points too...

avoid point lookout and mothership zeta early on... you're not even close to ready... hotkey stimpacks... collect light/valuable items like pilot lights, nuka colas and conductors for resale.... always collect scrap metal, someone is always looking for some...

eh, that's all i got for now...

icon11.gif

charisma isn't really important in this game, it only has a few perks tied to it, and those could be better suited for skills like strength, luck, and agility... plus, you could sink points into speech or barter to off-set the lower starting point in those skills...

perks that boost skills by 5 are nice quick boosts, but you can advance those skills anyways when you level up next time... lead belly is pointless, here and now is kind of waste of a level and a perk... scrounger and fortune finder are up to you... if you look hard enough, you can find more ammo and bottle caps anyways, especially through trading... take comprehension early and the one that gives you 3 extra skills points too...

avoid point lookout and mothership zeta early on... you're not even close to ready... hotkey stimpacks... collect light/valuable items like pilot lights, nuka colas and conductors for resale.... always collect scrap metal, someone is always looking for some...

eh, that's all i got for now...

I only half know what your talking about, but im sure I will once I start playing.

I wont be able to play tonight. Ill download it over night.

Cant wait to wake up tomorrow lol