Massacre

Fallout

Well if you can play it, good for you. I cant. I may take a video of what happens and youtube it and put it on here.

Checked the official forums, they offered absolutely no help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13urzRdPp6c

Well, I've managed to get through New Vegas without any glitches or bugs, here's hoping that trend continues. Although, from what I hear, the Honest Hearts issues are more widespread than the other ones. If I do run into any problems, hopefully I can figure something useful out about it.

• Like 1

so, what's your initial impressions, fellas??

Pretty easy if you are Level 30 and geared up.

The look and feel is a nice change.

Got the first two achievements already.

I had no idea it would be this interesting.

(Will be boring for some of you, it's that easy.)

Story wise, I have been exhausting every

speech option with main characters. It's

really a total overload of history.

Just been exploring, trying not to go too fast.

Found what seems like every location on the map already.

If I hadn't of shut it off, feels like I could

have finished it. Got to mind work tomorrow.

Well if you can play it, good for you. I cant. I may take a video of what happens and youtube it and put it on here.

Checked the official forums, they offered absolutely no help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13urzRdPp6c

That sucks man. Weird it goes to black.

Guess you've already tried everything?

My 360 hard drive is almost empty except

for Fallout 3, GTA:IV and Fallout New Vegas.

I noticed a rather long load time, but it was

before the part you showed. Just going in the

door to meet the caravan, took like 3 minutes.

I just didn't touch it an waited.

Other than that I thought it was strange because

it actually seems to flow better than regular New Vegas,

at least on the strip anyway.

Can you try re-down-loading it?

• Like 2

I finally got it working, and I'll agree 100% with Synch. Its a very interesting download, Talking with Joshua is very interesting, you learn more about Caesar and the events leading up to the First Battle of Hoover Dam.

So far the new companion I have is pretty cool, and I have wild wasteland, some guy with a hilarious name came out of the cave Graham was in and did a cheer and went back in. And I'm only in the second or so quest...as in I JUST met the burned man.

• Like 1

I finally got it working, and I'll agree 100% with Synch. Its a very interesting download, Talking with Joshua is very interesting, you learn more about Caesar and the events leading up to the First Battle of Hoover Dam.

So far the new companion I have is pretty cool, and I have wild wasteland, some guy with a hilarious name came out of the cave Graham was in and did a cheer and went back in. And I'm only in the second or so quest...as in I JUST met the burned man.

Same here - Wild Wasteland. Note this, because yesterday the Fallout Wiki was obviously being updated as players were learning. I kept refreshing the Wiki, and all day I never noticed anything about what you and I saw due to having the Wild Wasteland perk. Without spoilers, that guy who did the cheer was a shaman, and his mission ALSO gave the Wild Wasteland symbol. Hopefully others will have the mission available but so far it looks like it is just for that perk. I completed all side missions that I've found so far and that was the only one with the Fallout Boy WW symbol on it.

[EDIT: It's available to everyone....wonder what the WW is referenced to.]

• Like 1

i am totally ready to play this next week... i am pretty sure i'll have LA noire beaten by then, i am on the final desk and on the final few cases...i am eager to play this now...

without spoiling anything, are there sweet new weapons and armor?? how about recipes and crafting items??

i am totally ready to play this next week... i am pretty sure i'll have LA noire beaten by then, i am on the final desk and on the final few cases...i am eager to play this now...

without spoiling anything, are there sweet new weapons and armor?? how about recipes and crafting items??

Yep tribal armor and weapons.

There are some cool new weapons, and they have mods.

Also I don't remember melee weapons having mods in NV,

but there is one here, and you can mod it.

The recipes have expanded, and for me its a crafting wonderland.

Lost of new items and the game kind of reinforces that you will

want to craft certain natural remedies already existing.

There are a couple really cool recipes for non-food/chems,

that are similar to the Dead Money additions.

• Like 1

none of the melee or unarmed weapons had mods in NV... the bear claw did with dead money, and i guess the melee weapons have 'em in HH... are all the items tribal related in HH? is there the odd "assassin's armor" like stuff lying around, something that doesn't seem like it fits??

Not all of the weapons are tribal, Graham carries a beautiful .45 Sub Machine Gun, and a .45 Pistol.

The only armor I stumbled upon in the world that wasn't tribal was a park rangers hat.

There is a Melee weapon from fallout 3 that makes a return, it surprised me.

Hmmm, I mean when you beat the DLC you get a nice trunk full of goodies.

I really liked the DLC because it felt like a different world, Zion is almost untouched by the Great War...I mean the man made portions show damage, though.

The first time rain started falling I was in slight awe. I mean, its not impressive at all, it just, you know, never rains in a Fallout game. I don't even remember rain in Point Lookout.

i only remember rain from oblivion, but that sounds awesome... i didn't know it rained in HH... they must be having fun tinkering with weather effects because in "lonesome road" there is suppose to be swirling winds and tornadoes...

This isn't HH related, but Bones, Synch, Massacre, will you guys go into Vault 22, go into the lowest level, turn your volume up and tell me if you hear voices...like...I don't know a broadcast trying to come through...its eerie.

EDIT: Its apparently the whole vault thats like that.

This isn't HH related, but Bones, Synch, Massacre, will you guys go into Vault 22, go into the lowest level, turn your volume up and tell me if you hear voices...like...I don't know a broadcast trying to come through...its eerie.

Yes that is the soundtrack for Vault 22.

The voices are very predominant. It's normal for New Vegas. :yes:

The only armor I stumbled upon in the world that wasn't tribal was a park rangers hat.

There is also a ranger outfit, desert ranger. Like the NCR Rangers.

The long coat with the gas mask like head gear. Pretty cool. I had Joshua repair it up to max. B)

I just completed the DLC.

Note that there are two endings, so you can't get all 5 achievements in one go.

I went first for the Joshua Graham (Burning Man) ending. Got 4/5 achievements completed.

Tired now, so will complete the Daniel ending tomorrow night.

My achievements:

O Daughter of Babylon

In a Foreign Land

Restore Our Fortunes

When We Remembered Zion

http://live.xbox.com/en-US/GameCenter/Achievements?titleId=1112737760

• Like 1

The long coat with the gas mask like head gear. Pretty cool. I had Joshua repair it up to max. B)

It's worlds better than the regular version. Plus, no annoying NCR flag. Now, if I could just get a non-flagged version of Father Elijah's robes, I could finally start my ex-Reaver, ex-Brotherhood of Steel technophile. I'm making him specifically for Old World Blues.

• Like 2

Yes that is the soundtrack for Vault 22.

The voices are very predominant. It's normal for New Vegas. :yes:

I just completed the DLC.

Note that there are two endings, so you can't get all 5 achievements in one go.

I went first for the Joshua Graham (Burning Man) ending. Got 4/5 achievements completed.

Tired now, so will complete the Daniel ending tomorrow night.

I preferred the Graham ending.

And I didnt know about the Desert ranger armor, and about Vault 22, can you make out anything they're saying? I'm so very intrigued by that.

One of the new melee weapons in HH is even better than Chance's Knife once it's fully modded, which, of course, mine was, the second I was able to buy weapons from Graham. Doesn't go well with my outfit, though.

yea, you guys need to start using spoiler tags...

That's why I've kept my posts to a minimum since HH came out. Plus, they haven't really spoiled much, just that there are two ways to end it (which you could have found out from the achievements), that there's a new Ranger armor (and the story behind it hasn't been spoiled), and that there are a few connections to Vault 22 (which I brought up when the screenshots came out). There's plenty to find out other than that.

• Like 1

I didn't know there was a connection to Vault 22...

I just happened to be doing there stands the grass or whatever its called.

Awesome! I'm heading back to Utah now to unravel this mystery!

Yeah, "22" is smeared all around the black graffiti that looks like people with roots coming out of their hands and feet. If you've beaten it you should've run into more connections to the vault, but I don't feel like using tags so that's all I'm going to say.

• Like 1

I was looking over the graffiti my whole playthrough, hoping at some point it would actually my useful, like warning you that there's a Yao Guai den nearby or cave paintings that gave you a little history about the tribes, but no, just the same one-painting-per-tribe murals all over. Doesn't take away from the DLC, of course, I was just hoping I could get a little tribal myself and use the paintings to find my way around the valley.

If you've read the Survivalist's entries on his terminals (you actually get sent into one of his caves on a quest), you get a little backstory about the Vault 22 expedition and the origins of the Sorrows. There's a lot of great lore in this DLC.

• Like 1

Thats what Ive been doing the past hour or so, I missed a lot of the caves on my playthrough so I'm goin back...they're not on the map until you find them and thats so cool. Read about V22...wow.

What do the scriptures J.G. gives you do?