Massacre

Fallout

umm, how did they get their hands on the PS3 trophies? the network is down and they haven't even released the patch yet!!

in other words though, it does sound like this might be an open-world map like you said... and it may say "evacuate zion" but, i think there is a couple of other locations, like new canaan... zion nation park could just be a tribe hangout... or not, it seems like zion is the name of the area you explore... hmm...

EDIT: wow, nevermind!! i fired up new vegas to see if the patch would take and it did!! didn't even need the network!! and there's the trophies!! i think i'll test out the new patch, travel to a couple of areas i had problems with, see if they've fixed the freezing issue a bit...

EDIT2: OMG, the pew pew is now my favorite energy weapon due to the much lower ammo consumption!!

EDIT3: ehh, the YCS187 is still more effective... also, i haven't noticed any drastic frame rate drops... the game seems to pause very briefly when dealing with a bunch of stuff on the screen but, after that quick pause, it runs fairly smooth... the game does pause very briefly now when i change weapons, which could also be the result of dealing with the weapons glitches, haven't experienced one yet... and the areas that locked up constantly pre-patch now work just fine...

bravo, obsidian and bethesda... now hows about we get an honest hearts trailer this week, hmm??

xbox patch is now out... but i am reading some grumblings in the comments section of the vault... apparently the patch is causing a good majority of save files to become corrupt, especially those that are currently saved in dead money... i'll load my junk save that is in the vault to see if i get a corrupt message but, i didn't get any errors with my evil chick, delilah...

so, i guess what i am trying to say is, install with "caution"...

400px-Honestheartsbanner.jpg

http://bethblog.com/index.php/2011/05/03/details-on-honest-hearts-old-world-blues-and-lonesome-road/

official press release concerning the three remaining DLC's plus, THE BURNED MAN!!

Honest-Heartsburing1.jpg

Available on May 17, Honest Hearts takes you on an expedition to the unspoiled wilderness of Utah’s Zion National Park. Things go horribly wrong when your caravan is ambushed by a tribal raiding band. As you try to find a way back to the Mojave, you become embroiled in a war between tribes and a conflict between a New Canaanite missionary and the mysterious Burned Man. The decisions you make will determine the fate of Zion.

In Old World Blues, releasing in June, you will discover how some of the Mojave’s mutated monsters came to be when you unwittingly become a lab rat in a science experiment gone awry. You’ll need to scour the Pre-War research centers of the Big Empty in search of technology to turn the tables on your kidnappers or join forces with them against an even greater threat.

Lonesome Road, available in July, brings the courier’s story full circle when you are contacted by the original Courier Six, a man by the name of Ulysses who refused to deliver the Platinum Chip at the start of New Vegas. In his transmission, Ulysses promises the answer as to why, but only if you take one last job –a job that leads you into the depths of the hurricane-swept canyons of the Divide, a landscape torn apart by earthquakes and violent storms. The road to the Divide is a long and treacherous one, and of the few to ever walk the road, none have ever returned.

fuck me yellow, it's releasing the same day as LA noire :angry:... looks like LA noire will be sitting on the shelf for a few days then... quite honestly, i care more about honest hearts right now than i do about LA noire... i still REALLY want to play noire, it's just that my favorite game is releasing DLC the same damn day...

maybe i'll play LA noire until the playstation store updates, if it's even online by then...

yea, i wondered why you weren't commenting on the MAJOR news release today... fuck bin laden, new vegas add-ons are on the way!!

i like the sound of honest hearts and lonesome road... old world tech kind of gives me a dead money vibe... but, i wouldn't mind seeing the history of the west coast contained within this compound... i really wanna see the weather they conjure up in lonesome road... 8 hours of hidden valley winds and rain, lol :lol:... something tells me it might feel like silent hill, enemies popping out of the sandstorm all of a sudden swatting at you like a deathclaw... fuck i pissed myself thinking about that...

but honest hearts sounds like a mini-new vegas within itself... warring factions fighting over sole possession... it's the story of the burned man and daniel that could play out similar to the pitt's overall story... a fight for the future of zion...

BTW, that burned man image is now my laptop background :D... looks like he's ready for business, almost reminds me of hitman screens...

I would like it if Lonesome Road just had an extremely long map, with several areas branching off of the main road, instead of just fast traveling to a big square area with part of the Divide in the middle of it. They shouldn't call it Lonesome Road if there's not going to be a long journey to the Divide.

Also, really looking forward to learning about the experiments that created some of the wasteland's mutants in Old World Blues.

• Like 1

i would think the road would be a loooooooooooong and lonesome interstate road, filled with nasty deathclaw/cazador mutations created at the science labs in the big empty... OK maybe not but, something tells me that lonesome road is just you and your trusty weapons, down a long stretch of highway dealing with some of the nastiest enemies ever, leading to this great "divide" that tells us the moral of the story... definitely side roads, similar to the march to jacobstown, caves, paths and valleys...

old world blues should have plenty of sweet tech and booby traps but yea, the history of experiments that took place at this probably once-controlled enclave controlled facility intrigues me too... pre-war creations and post-war mutations like the deathclaw... not sure if there's a history to those yet, maybe this place hold the info...

and if joshua is wearing the white legs armor, i'm sold :D... i know the bandages probably go with the body but, i am digging the salt lake city police department armor over the bandages :D... hopefully it's wearable and not just the burned man's armor... it could be the armor of the white legs...

i like the sound of how honest hearts starts out... someone probably asks you to help assist them in delivering a caravan of shit to new canaan or zion for some caps, for either the white legs or the sorrows, then being ambushed by the other and roped into the world of utah... i've always wanted to be a part of the caravans, it's why i chose the caravan pack (sorta) and why i like the courier-style missions and the crimson caravan...

EDIT: am i the only one that finds it funny to hear the TV talk about a "courier" who was the key in the whole plot to kill bin laden?? every time i hear of the courier, i think of new vegas :lol:...

EDIT2: level cap raises 5 levels with each DLC... no post-gameplay either, still ends at hoover dam...

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Ausir/Higher_level_cap_and_no_post-endgame_gameplay_in_upcoming_add-ons

^^ addRepL.png ^^

it all sounds good to me too :D... i predict a new lengthy adventure starting sometime in late july/early august as well... he's going to be a good black guy who follows the independent route, the only one i haven't built a character for...

I'm a little disappointed that New Vegas won't have any post ending gameplay...that's what I liked about fallout 3 and its expansions, I didn't have to start ALL the way over if I missed something.

And wish they'd bring back the perk at every level...been playing fallout 3 a lot lately and its so nice to get a perk every level.

Few seconds of Honest Hearts and Old World Blues in there.

New threads look nice, as does that new melee weapon.

Looks cool. So, May 17th, and then the next in June.

Was that girl the one who voices Veronica? [Felicia Day]

Or was it Jessica Chobot....I couldn't tell because the

narrator who is usually IGN's Jess, says "I voice...."

It sure sounds like Veronica though....

• Like 1

It's Veronica Belmont, she hosts something game/tech-related somewhere. Although, they should have Jessica Chobot voice someone in a New Vegas DLC. The one voice Belmont does sounds like a robobrain, but it's coming from a wall panel, so I imagine she voices an AI that controls the Big Empty, or maybe just a robobrain talking through an intercom.

• Like 1

she's got a cute voice, i've heard her stuff on QORE... if the playstation network was working right now, the actual footage and story would be all over the internet by now instead of trapped in a 20 second clip... that old world blues story was suppose to be in this month's episode...

i thought honest hearts sounded as such... zion sounded like a giant mountainous playground... well well, this is great news... at least i don't have to do "everything" before i leave, nor would i need to conserve my inventory... i am sure there's plenty of safe containers to store stuff in until you can transfer it back to the mojave...

Zion IS going to be a mountainous playground! This girl I know, she moved back in march to Springdale, she works out in the park.

I was trying to post some of her pics here...but facebook makes it difficult to copy picture locations...

old school'n it

sym1wy.jpg

Edited by TwoFacedTanner

i thought honest hearts sounded as such... zion sounded like a giant mountainous playground... well well, this is great news... at least i don't have to do "everything" before i leave, nor would i need to conserve my inventory... i am sure there's plenty of safe containers to store stuff in until you can transfer it back to the mojave...

I'd be thrilled if the DLC's just gave you an actual safehouse to use, with safe-to-use containers and a well-rested bed. Honest Hearts' safehouse could be a park ranger station (preferably along a river), Old World Blues' safehouse would just be a small room similar to Father Elijah's room in the Abandoned BoS Bunker, and Lonesome Road's safehouse would be just like the old couple's house in Book of Eli.

• Like 1

Yao Guai.

*Ejaculates*

No decent-looking new armor that I can see.

*Frowns as semen vanishes*

Still, new DLC.

*Ejaculates again, the force of which breaks a window*

• Like 1