Massacre

Fallout

76_zpsynccn90h.jpg

emerge_zpsj3fy02hg.jpg

photo%20modes1_zpsffqlvk01.jpg

group%20hug_zps03knxu6z.jpg

Many interesting points covered. One is the Wanted Murderer.
You approach me and try and kill me or pick a fight, I say no.
You keep fucking with me and even though I decline, you kill me.

Then you become a wanted murderer for that innocent killing.

Now everyone else on the map can see you as a big red star.

You cannot see the rest of the NPC's on the map, there is a bounty on your head,

and that bounty comes out of your caps stash. Bethesda turned negative events
into a kind of cool reward system there.

So yeah, don't kill me or the group I've shared my cards with will snipe you.

FO76_zpsz25l7gjr.jpg

• Like 1

It sort of sounds like they got rid of the named junk eg, burned book, and replaced them with a generic “junk” 

Im sorta disappointed about that.

3 hours ago, Qdeathstar said:

It sort of sounds like they got rid of the named junk eg, burned book, and replaced them with a generic “junk” 

Im sorta disappointed about that.

I don't care about value-less junk.
Just good junk like screws, as mentioned.

beta comes out in october...

i like their idea about the griefiing system... however, later in the game when these "assholes" have a lot of caps, losing them won't be much of a problem... or if the cap loss is just a few hundred for being a troll, that's not much of a loss either... we'll see...

I imagine they'll band together as raider groups and make it hard to take one down. Or maybe not, no honour among thieves and all that.

3 hours ago, ViceMan said:

I imagine they'll band together as raider groups and make it hard to take one down. Or maybe not, no honour among thieves and all that.

They?

I thought you guys love to play as Raiders.

Depends, in a single player game you have the convenience of being able to neatly categorise your characters in their respective saves: One playthrough i'll be a raider (not that 4 let you do that really aside from Nuka World.) In a multiplayer game it's a bit harder to step out of your shack one morning, stretch your arms and say "today I shall be a raider." Other people aren't going to know that, they're just going to treat you based on previous encounters, it's going to kill the immersion somewhat.

"Oh look it's that friendly trader from down the way."

"That was yesterday, today's Thursday."

*blows guy's head off*

Still don't know how they're going to handle that in an efficient manner.

• Like 2

There was a new trailer, that talks about building things, but I think I saw it somewhere before... and an Xbox one x bundle, but it doesn’t seem that special. The Xbox looks to be plain Jane and it’s 499, you can get the Xbox one x for 449 on a regular basis so meh.

some random dude on a discord channel i like hooked me up with these fallout loot crate figurines... i was the only one who actually gave him an address to ship them to, everyone else was probably skeptic of giving a rando their addy... i didn't mind lol... he said he's given away stuff to his friends from the crates, but didn't like these figurines so he asked us if we wanted them... i took the bait and got rewarded lol...

DmD4oSMW4AUWGZ4.thumb.jpg.034295d0a2e2493c8d58d3ebf0a6009a.jpg

• Like 3

that girl on the left looks a bit trans. 

I wonder if a fallout crate will be part of the game micro transaction system, for... let’s say 10k caps you can call it a crate with one of four side kicks to help conquer the wastland.

I want one with the fallout boy on it.  

5 hours ago, Qdeathstar said:

I wonder if a fallout crate will be part of the game micro transaction system, for... let’s say 10k caps you can call it a crate with one of four side kicks to help conquer the wastland.

What the fuck did I just read...? :blink: Never mind. I don't think Piper (the trans girl) was born when 76 takes place, about 170ish years too early for that.

On 9/2/2018 at 8:53 AM, Qdeathstar said:

that girl on the left looks a bit trans.

yea piper look a like a dude, lol... i gave danse to a buddy, i didn't particularly like that one either, it's the moment he knows you're coming to kill him... i do like nick and fawkes tho, and i am also curious if he's gonna give me the rest of the figurines too... i think there's just 2 more loot crates left... i wonder what they could be?

• Like 1
  • Like 1

...via IGN:

Bethesda has revealed a few more details about Fallout 76's campaign, including how finishing it will reward the player.

Although the game will place a heavy emphasis on multiplayer opportunities and survival - when announced, Bethesda referred to it as an "online survival RPG" - that doesn't mean that it's giving up the series' traditional story-based elements, with the game's development team clarifying that Fallout 76 is still "driven by quests".

The news comes from Game Informer's latest feature on the game, with the developers revealing that the game's "main quest" storyline will revolve around the mysterious disappearance of Vault 76's Overseer. Bethesda's director Todd Howard explains that "she left before everybody", leaving behind secret instructions for the player, who receives a transmission from her upon leaving the Vault. This transmission, and the instructions left behind, will drive the player through the game's main storyline - which will end with the player gaining access to the game's nukes.

The game's inclusion of nuclear weapons prompted a flurry of questions after the initial announcement, with some players concerned they could be used by trolls; Bethesda later clarified that nukes could only be used on certain areas and that players would be warned in advance, as well as revealing that nuked areas would receive more valuable loot (as well as more dangerous enemies). Now it seems that players will need to earn the right to use these weapons by playing through the game's main quest, which is described as "a lengthy, multi-part story that takes players across West Virginia" and will require a high level to complete.

Howard was also quick to reassure that the traditional rich vein of side quests is still very much in play in Fallout 76. As with previous games, players will be presented with a wide variety of options for how they would like to play, with plenty of scope for anyone who would rather spend time completing side quests than following the main story. In-game markers will clearly point out where side quests are available, with Howard noting that although it may seem "a bit gamey", the team wanted to be "proactive" in guiding players towards interesting content.

kind of big news about the nukes and stuff...

• Like 1

nice... i like the updates. maybe the nukes mark the end of a season, sort of similar to how fortnight has seasons....

sounds like it marks the end of the main story i guess... i really don't see the nukes being a griefing tool tbh... if anything, it'll just make me change the lobby if they launch it at me... but to be fair, that would be a waste of all your hours of work to get nuke codes, just to launch it at someone, sounds like you'll be better off using it on an area that reaps the most rewards...

The Game Informer article really made me feel a lot better about the PvP side of things.  I was never worried about being nuked - they made it clear in one of those interviews that it was mainly to nuke areas (to open up higher levelled loot, enemies etc) and that players in those areas would be warned and given ample time to leave before the bombs fell...

My only issue now is that their are going to be parts of the game where co-op is required which is no good for a Neville Nofriends like me...

• Like 1

Yeah I got that but it sounds like a lot of the more interesting side quests involve co-op, and the side quests are often better than the story...  I am sure I will find kind hearted souls online who will want to join up for a mission or two...

I won't be playing the bard class unfortunately, who's the most musical around here?

Preordered now anyway, just had the grim realisation that the beta is going to be buggier than a normal Bethesda game at release... as if that's possible.

• Confused 1