Massacre

Fallout

Where did they get that info from? I saw it floating around.

I love the fact that i they put NRG in it :D Thats one of my favorite places.

Fallout crew nights...maybe...

If you have control over your lobby, and dont ever have to play with anyone, great. I can see jumping on with a few friends to help clear a tricky location, but would never want to play with randoms.

destiny sucked... this sounds like a fallout version of that... it’s so far out of what fallout is it doesn’t make any sense... ESO was shit too, i mean, you would think they would learn... this is all a big cash suck... it would be better as a new IP but slap the fallout name on it, instant triple AAA game.

I don't wanna play Fallout with other people. Why can't there be any true single player games left? Why does everything have to be multiplayer now? There's no reason for Fallout to be multiplayer except to be a big cash grab on what's hot right now (Battle Royale) which is pretty much what this is. Just gonna be a huge fuck fest of base building and trolls. Good job Bethesda. Good fucking job.

Fuck you Todd Howard. 

10 minutes ago, gtagrl said:

Fallout crew nights...maybe...

If you have control over your lobby, and dont ever have to play with anyone, great. I can see jumping on with a few friends to help clear a tricky location, but would never want to play with randoms.

From what I got, you have to be in lobby with other players. I'm gonna guess you can't create your own.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Qdeathstar said:

The reason is micro transactions. 

Oh absolutely. 

10 minutes ago, gtagrl said:

It all hinges on that for me. Private lobbies and total control over who's allowed in, or else I'm out.

They want you to be in lobby's with other random players. So I doubt they'll let you do that. 

I will wait for more details and try to play the beta before crying too much... I can't see how VATS can be incorporated online and that is a big loss for me.  I hate PvP, mainly because I am shit at it, so I hope there is a way to avoid fuckwits who just want to kill you.  

Having thought about it some more, it should be ok - I enjoyed GTA Online (invite only or SP lobbies) before they forced you to mix with other players and I don't think Bethesda want to alienate the single player so I am more hopeful than a few hours ago...

Edited by Ginginho
  • Like 2

Eh, i've always hated multiplayer games, I go solo wherever possible. I have played a bit of Rust but I never really got involved in any extended combat, I just built up my base, stashed some weapons and eventually got offline raided. I'm willing to give this a go though, maybe not at release.

The fact that you can “nuke” the map is going to break the suspension of reality....

8 hours ago, Ginginho said:

I will wait for more details and try to play the beta before crying too much... I can't see how VATS can be incorporated online and that is a big loss for me.  I hate PvP, mainly because I am shit at it, so I hope there is a way to avoid fuckwits who just want to kill you.  

Having thought about it some more, it should be ok - I enjoyed GTA Online (invite only or SP lobbies) before they forced you to mix with other players and I don't think Bethesda want to alienate the single player so I am more hopeful than a few hours ago...

“Having thought about it some more” is codename for “having listened to thier marketing wank”

as gtagrl said, i am fine with it as long as we can loot in privacy... if you are forced to mingle with others, it will be a tricky as it appears that you get caps for killing other people, and that basically puts a target on everyone's back...

everyone is jumping to conclusions already and we still don't have enough info to base it on yet... he did say that there's only a dozen or so people at any given time, and seeing that the map is 4x the size of the commonwealth means, you might not run into other people as often as you would think... plus, dying doesn't mean you lose anything, just an inconvenience...

i am hopeful, and no, it's not because i drank their kool-aid... i went in with a neutral understanding because of the rumors of being an online game, and came out optimistic about the possibility...

Isn’t dozens like 36-48 people? Isn’t that the typical amount of people in an online game nowadays (like in gta5) or am I missing something?

If they made us so that npc would respond negatively to people who kill other players a lot or wouldn’t sell to them that might make the game interesting... otherwise with no incentive not to go apeshit, this will be just another online shooter.

and since the said it’s “an open world with no rules” I’m not holding my breath...

Dozens of players could mean anything less than 100 really, but I expect it to be around 32 ish similar to GTAO. The difference is you won't have some cunt flying around in a Hydra or Oppressor. The nuke thing instantly made me think of the orbital laser in GTAO, but it seems to be like loot drops in Rust where you can acquire rare items if you can prepare yourself. I'm interested in playing it but I know I shouldn't be as it really doesn't benefit me to play solo, everything is an uphill struggle when you have to defend yourself against a group of five children squealing "lzzzzzz" down their mics or whatever it is the kids say nowadays, too much of that and it kills your interest in a game. Wasn't keen on the dragon creature either, it made it seem too MMOey.

the fact that it takes several quests to get all of the launch code means it might not really be used for griefing... there might be people roaming around looking for a fight, but because of what fallout is, i expect there to be more allies than enemies... i also only plan on playing with people i know, so i won't be listening to people in the lobby as i'll more than likely be in a party chat, unless in game chat sounds good and has the ability to tune in and out with friends and lobby...

but that's also a big "if" because if i can play in a privately hosted lobby, none of that will even be an issue...

He says yeah you can play solo but in a world tailored to an online experience will it feel dead and devoid of life if you choose to play that way. Think it's running on the same engine as 4 too, which makes me think we'll have massive frame drops in high poly areas and the usual assortment of bugs.

Oh and there are super mutants, so somebody must have some FEV somewhere.

A PvP was the last thing I wanted (that's certainly what it sounds like), I just think that scenario is tiresome.

Have to say I am a bit disappointed as from the sounds of it I won't be able to play a 'traditional' single player game.  I'm not one with a great amount of friends to say the least so if it's largely online-focused then there isn't a great amount of attraction for me.

Of course, there's still a good amount of details we're yet to hear/find out but my initial reaction to the latest news is "oh....".

Edited by shabbagaz
  • Like 2