Massacre

Fallout

Makes me wish they’d go back to the old days when all games weren’t the same price.. if fallout was $160 most people would still buy it, Bethesda could still get their money, and they wouldn’t have to worry about designing a game around micro transactions 

57 minutes ago, Jizzy said:

Why was ESO such a puke fest and why would you have higher hopes for this?

This game has the potential to be a break through in multiplayer, but I smell another ESO

because fallout 76 isn't going to be an MMO... it's just fallout 4 2.0 with rumored online co-op... elder scrolls online was built to be a warcraft style game... people have said tho, it's gotten a lot better over the years, but i still have no interest in ESO...

46 minutes ago, Qdeathstar said:

Makes me wish they’d go back to the old days when all games weren’t the same price.. if fallout was $160 most people would still buy it, Bethesda could still get their money, and they wouldn’t have to worry about designing a game around micro transactions 

i haven't bought anything outside of content released in the season pass i got for $30 when it was first announced... i haven't spent a dime in their creators club store, i've just been getting their free stuff...

i haven't seen the microtransactions bug yet with bethesda i don't think...

• Like 1

I wonder if a new engine means a whole new set of game breaking bugs and other quirks - hope they haven't fixed the exploit where you can drop stuff on the floor and get your companion to pick it up so they can carry an infinite amount of crap, made early game Skyrim and Fallout much easier.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CaPn bOnEs said:

because fallout 76 isn't going to be an MMO... it's just fallout 4 2.0 with rumored online co-op... elder scrolls online was built to be a warcraft style game... people have said tho, it's gotten a lot better over the years, but i still have no interest in ESO...

i haven't bought anything outside of content released in the season pass i got for $30 when it was first announced... i haven't spent a dime in their creators club store, i've just been getting their free stuff...

i haven't seen the microtransactions bug yet with bethesda i don't think...

Get ready. They got to....

The cynic in me is saying this is just an bigger version of Fallout:Shelter, expanding on that and the settlement building in FO4.  If that's the case, I will probably still get it but I am not sure it will be a day one purchase.

Ideally, co-op for me would be me going out scavenging while my partner builds us shit.  I have big ideas but not the skill to realise them when building...

I wonder if any ghoul characters from the current games will make an appearance?

Also, a Fallout announcement without a Massacre post???  He must be dead...

Edited by Ginginho

I talked to Massacre on PSN, he doesn't have high hopes for this based on early rumours. He'll probably poke a tentacle in here at some point.

I'm fearing the worst too, I should just learn never to make preconceptions about games then be disappointed when they don't live up to the hype.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jizzy said:

Probably should save our energy for it, positive or negative, until the 10th

!FACK. I though it was this Saturday :(

• Like 1

i am no rush for elder scrolls... just like i was in no rush for a new fallout... at this point in time, i trust bethesda more than rockstar when it comes to delivering a game at the right time... if they show anything new for the elder scrolls series at E3, cool... if they don't? cool... i am fine waiting for when the time is right...

name one mother fucker you know that thought we were getting a new fallout game this year? at least when they tease it, it's coming...

not like RDR2, which should of came out last fall lol... and could still possibly be delayed out of 2018 altogether lol... game companies delayed games to not be in their path... then once again... but now?? nope, they're tired of it, this fall is jam packed with games... rockstar would be smart in delaying it again, because a lot of games aren't backing down anymore...

I like Bethesda's marketing strategy, I just wish their games weren't so buggy. R* are much better in that regard but worse on the PR side.

some more rumors flying around are fallout 76 could drop later in july instead of at the end of the year... i mean, fallout 4 was pretty much done when they announced it, so 76 could be in the same boat... perhaps they knew what the fall scheduling looked like and figured the best opportunity to get a jump start on it is an early release...

i feel like 2 months is enough time to get a game packaged and sent out...

Yeah like I said it seems like Bethesda are going against what is considered the norm so I wouldn't put it past them to skip the long hype train, titles like Fallout and ES don't actually need a hype train anyway.

• Like 1

nope, fans of bethesda are gonna buy them regardless... same with rockstar, yet they drag theirs out for years...

and lots of gamers are always like, "aww man, i gotta wait until fall?! :("... now they can be like, "fuck yea, next month! B)"

R*s hype train goes something like - first carriage all bells and whistles, neon lights and pink rims, next 24 carriages are empty flatbeds then another carriage of screenshots and wonder at the rear.

Bethesda's is more like a bullet train with a crude, barely-dry painted message on the side of it saying "here I am!" as it speeds through the station.

I hate all advertising in general. It feels like its a science created to take advantage of stupid people. If I could kick the guy who is in charge of marketing at R* in the throat I would. If they had a fraction of the respect for their fans that they say they do they wcouldn't insult us with 2 years of delays and then a useless box of arcade ticket exchange garbage that doesnt even come with the fucking game. At least Bethesda doesn't just roll with the assumption that every person that plays their games are retarded.

• Like 2

Bethesda definitely engage with their audience more and actually seem to get excited by their own creations, which in turn passes on that positivity to the playerbase.

• Like 1

I made the vibrator already... well it’s more like one of those vagina eggs, but for your ass. It’s in the style of a mini nuke.

• Like 1