Massacre

Fallout

sadly, if you read more into it, we're not getting external mods, only ones that can utilize the in-game stuff... which is kind of stupid because i thought the best mods were the ones that introduced new stuff to the game... so no macho man randy savage deathclaws or dragons :(... still, it's a step in the right direction, but not nearly what i was hoping for...

20 hours ago, bOnEs said:

sadly, if you read more into it, we're not getting external mods, only ones that can utilize the in-game stuff... which is kind of stupid because i thought the best mods were the ones that introduced new stuff to the game... so no macho man randy savage deathclaws or dragons :(... still, it's a step in the right direction, but not nearly what i was hoping for...

So long as I can use the settlement building mod packs (extra stuff) then I'm happy! ;) 

It also means no weapon mods. Or armour crafting expanded. Which was the main mod I wanted. 

It's probably not enough to make me start playing fallout again. I think I'll beat Nuka world then I am done. For awhile at least. 

4 hours ago, bOnEs said:

i don't think there will be any extra stuff... only in-game assets... pretty pointless TBH, it means no snow mods, or texture mods either...

Sorry, meant in terms of extra stuff to use in addition to the existing items etc in settlement building (i.e stuff that already exists in the game such as institute furniture etc).

Unless they aren't counted as in-game assets?

Edited by shabbagaz

Mods are out. And at first glance, they seem to be not as bullshit as I thought they would be. there is one for more settlement building stuff. There is one to ballistic weave everything. 

That makes me a happy panda 

edit

There is a camping mod that lets you throw down a tent and sleeping bag like a grenade. I am SO switching to survivor mode now. The only thing I didn't like was not being able to save. 

edit

Mods disable trophies. LIKE I GIVE A FUCK OLOLOLOL

• Like 3

Ballistic weave everything? Fucking finally. I've stolen every unique outfit in the game from its wearer. Now I can actually use some of them.

Dunno if it made it to consoles, but there's a mod out there that lets you layer armor over any outfit, which I'd want more for looks than protection. So many shitty outfits that just needed a couple of armor pieces to be great outfits.

• Like 2

i was gonna check out the new mod stuff tonight, but then i got drunk... perhaps this weekend i'll dabble a bit ;)...

also, fuck trophies :lol:... i cared in my PS3 days, but realized that it was kiddish in recent years... just enjoy the experience, stop trying to think that you have to do this and that to enjoy it...

13 hours ago, Massacre said:

there's a mod out there that lets you layer armor over any outfit

This one

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18489/?

There is a console version. I haven't played with it much but I did experiment and i was able to put armour over the ratty skirt on my girl character. Before you couldn't. The armour was clipping through the skirt so if for sure works despite clipping issues. 

Ooooh shit, that's what that update was? I saw the file pop up, but I haven't touched Fallout in a while. Fuck, i'mma have to finish The Witcher 3 now and fire the commonwealth back up.

Well, well, well!  My creative juices are flowing! :lol: 

Been waiting for this for a long time but too busy with AC Syndicate at the moment - should get round to it at somepoint next week but need to reinstall it after finally getting a new harddrive.

Will have to have a brainstorm on what I'm going to build for definite but there is no way I'm spending as much time on it as I did on my last build.  

Already 'platinumed' the game so trophies aren't important but I'll probably start a new save file as some of the mods I plan to use recommend it.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2016 at 4:42 PM, shabbagaz said:

Already 'platinumed' the game so trophies aren't important 

What was your strategy for Benevolent Leader? The best I've achieved is around 90%.Benevolent Lea

23 hours ago, Synch said:

What was your strategy for Benevolent Leader? The best I've achieved is around 90%.Benevolent Lea

Can't remember which one I got it at - Costal Cottage I think but not 100% sure. 

This certainly helped me: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/fallout-4-a/278649-how-get-benevolent-leader-trophy-screenshot.html

• Like 1

On 11/23/2016 at 2:16 PM, shabbagaz said:

Can't remember which one I got it at - Costal Cottage I think but not 100% sure. 

This certainly helped me: http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/fallout-4-a/278649-how-get-benevolent-leader-trophy-screenshot.html

Using that link, my Sanctuary & many other settlements were too large, for the perfect balance.
Knew about the clinic and clothing shops already. Had all the shops, needed the time duration I guess.

Need to stay around the settlement for awhile, even if sleeping, it seemed.

Managed a smaller budget location, Finch Farm. Lower people, higher crops (40+) and massive defenses.

I added one Pommel Horse per resident. Seems the "like" level was appropriate.

In the end, I just stayed on the overpass above and watched 98 go to 100% for the achievement.

For base game "Platinum" I thinks an Institute build will get me there.

For DLC Platinum, the "Eyes on the Prize" achievement is even more insane.

• Like 2

Jumped back onto Fallout 4 earlier this week after getting the platinum for AC Syndicate.

Got a few mods on the go at the moment, mainly additional settlement items mods (I recommend the ones by AndrewCX) and a couple of others that are aiding me in settlement building.
Doesn't have everything I need/want at the moment but AndrewCX is adding more stuff as he goes along - I'm looking forward to more institute stuff!

Already started on my next build which is at Kingsport Lighthouse (got a mod which clears away the old house).   Intending on building some kind of 'hotel'/holiday resort - already working on the swimming pool.

excited for the pics, shabags, your work is awe inspiring. You should consider starting a youtube channel, i think you could get enough views to get paid something. 

• Like 2

I've "platinum'd" the game now finishing the DLC achievements

2 to go then have all of them. Institute character was fun.

Happy 2017

• Like 1

happy new year synch!! i was gonna create a new character this winter and play my evil brotherhood delilah, but i bought skyrim remastered, and as soon as i am done with assassins creed syndicate, i am moving on to that... one of these months this year i am doing my delilah file... but to be honest, fallout 4 just doesn't feel as amazingly in depth as 3 or new vegas, so i am just not feeling the 2nd go around like i was with those games... what a shame too... they really made some major exclusions with 4 that really left me puzzled, like the skill speech checks... but the game looks soooo good!!! i was hoping we were getting new vegas 2.0, but that was not the case :(...

On 1/1/2017 at 2:29 AM, Worky Workerson said:

happy new year synch!! i was gonna create a new character this winter and play my evil brotherhood delilah, but i bought skyrim remastered, and as soon as i am done with assassins creed syndicate, i am moving on to that... one of these months this year i am doing my delilah file... but to be honest, fallout 4 just doesn't feel as amazingly in depth as 3 or new vegas, so i am just not feeling the 2nd go around like i was with those games... what a shame too... they really made some major exclusions with 4 that really left me puzzled, like the skill speech checks... but the game looks soooo good!!! i was hoping we were getting new vegas 2.0, but that was not the case :(...

Thanks bOnEs!
I can understand everyone's bored with Fallout 4, but I've never been able to stop....

This was my 3rd main story build, Shaun Sr, living at Red Rocket with Dogmeat.
More of a stealth speed run to get to and utilize the Institute.

After seeing all the endings, the credits didn't look that different from each other.

Now testing out the Raider settlement achievements. 

EDIT: Almost forgot 2 mention, you can go through an entire game without ever going to Concord / meeting Preston Garvey. B)

https://www.vg247.com/2017/01/30/fallout-4-is-getting-ps4-pro-patch-high-resolution-textures-on-pc-next-week/

fallout4_guide_valentine_face-600x337_zp

Bethesda has announced that the first  Fallout 4 update in 2017 will be released next week. The update brings a number of key features, but PS4 Pro users get the biggest benefit.

Update 1.9 adds support for the more powerful console, providing enhanced lighting and graphics, including native 1440p resolution. Draw distance for trees, grass, NPCs and other objects have also been increased......more

• Like 1

I played it a bit a few weeks ago. Honestly if I was going to get a new PS4 I'd get the base version because of its size reduction... ps4pro is huge...