Massacre

Fallout

9 hours ago, shabbagaz said:

One tip is, if you're intending on linking the rooms (e.g. quarters, clinic, overseer etc) with the atrium rooms/walls is to use the supports and try and place them as accurately as you can near them.  Then you can place one of the rooms (quarters, clinic etc) on top of it and then you snap things together from there.  If that makes sense!

Edit: just a simple screenshot showing how I've used a support(s) and how I've managed to transition from the normal 'atrium' materials to the actual room blocks.

That looks really nice. :)

Got a lot of the halls done now, soon for the center atrium.
Still struggling with the reactor power distribution. Cables or conduit? The conduit carries a learning curve L0L.
Atrium still dirt and currently filled with 40 corn, 40 mutfruit, and 40 tato...with 25 vault dwellers tending to it all.

That and a doctor, a chef, a trader, two heavy guards, and two provisioners sharing assets.. 

Are you planning on having a lot of vault dwellers Shab? This is pretty fun. I can see more possibilities here.

• Like 1

I imagine I will just use wires on the outside of my vault walls so they are not visible. Pain in the ass but it will work. I never even tried those conduit things. What do they do? lol. 

I cleared the whole area in the vault..looked at how big it was and said fuck it. I may just build a small shit vault to get through the quests and go from there. I enjoy just killing everything too much rather then spending a lot of time building. My hangman's alley is still my only settlement I went balls deep with. 

15 hours ago, Synch said:

That looks really nice. :)

Got a lot of the halls done now, soon for the center atrium.
Still struggling with the reactor power distribution. Cables or conduit? The conduit carries a learning curve L0L.
Atrium still dirt and currently filled with 40 corn, 40 mutfruit, and 40 tato...with 25 vault dwellers tending to it all.

That and a doctor, a chef, a trader, two heavy guards, and two provisioners sharing assets.. 

Are you planning on having a lot of vault dwellers Shab? This is pretty fun. I can see more possibilities here.

Think the max is 20 which I'm already at (bear in mind that I'm building at Sanctuary Hills).

With regards to power - use the vault power conduits.   I have a large 'utility/maintenance' room where my super reactor is and where I'm not bothered about the wires (see screenshot).  I placed 'normal' power conduits on the ceiling and vault power conduits on the walls (which themselves transmit power).  As a result, I've begun to place vault power conduits on walls in other rooms and haven't had to wire them up.

CpCExjTWcAALBCa.jpg

• Like 2

Shame about the bush in the right hand doorway, that has always bugged me about building. Shrubs should be auto removed when something is placed on top of them.

44 minutes ago, ViceMan said:

Shame about the bush in the right hand doorway, that has always bugged me about building. Shrubs should be auto removed when something is placed on top of them.

Pretty sure there's a mod where you can remove them.... but it's not looking if we'll get them anytime soon, if ever at this rate sadly!  Another thing that bugs me is it still rains inside whatever you build.

On 8/4/2016 at 1:42 PM, shabbagaz said:

Think the max is 20 which I'm already at (bear in mind that I'm building at Sanctuary Hills).

With regards to power - use the vault power conduits.   I have a large 'utility/maintenance' room where my super reactor is and where I'm not bothered about the wires (see screenshot).  I placed 'normal' power conduits on the ceiling and vault power conduits on the walls (which themselves transmit power).  As a result, I've begun to place vault power conduits on walls in other rooms and haven't had to wire them up.

That's a great shot and thanks for your in depth conduit tips. That's a good reference source right there. B)

I figured out the power is transmitted through the floor tiles and walls connected to the Vault Tec reactor. So been testing that out.

To activate: Use the Vault Power Conduit that you can mount on a wall connected to a common floor tile.

Go to Power / Connectors & Switches / Vault Power Conduit.  It takes 2 steel, 2 copper, and 2 ceramic.

I have 25 people at the Vault and 22 at Sanctuary, Nordhagen Beach and Murkwater. All 4 in Far Harbor have 20.

There's no people limit for the recruitment beacon (inbound), but sending settlers to other locations is where it reveals a limit. (outbound)

@DiO : You don't have to build anything to do the quests.
(Other than 1 overseer's desk, and 1 generator w/terminal for the tests)

Oooo, and more stuff for settlement building!  No way I can include that stuff at my current build - it's big enough as it is and I'm experiencing frame rate issues.

Anyway, hope there's a good number of quests and hopefully it'll be as good as Far Harbor.

Here is my Vault.
It's not much but I spent all of Sunday building it once I got the Atrium to snap together cleanly.
See if you can spot the screw up in the east corner. I used consoles and boxes to blend it over. Missing a wall piece.

Reactor entrance and Atrium

8-8-2016_2-11-21_PM_zpsqyqn3dqg.jpg

8-8-2016_1-14-04_PM_zpspdbbsh4o.jpg

8-8-2016_11-16-28_AM_zpsnxyq4wdm.jpg

8-8-2016_11-14-52_AM_zpsarbodmdg.jpg

Glowing tubes of the new stereos

8-8-2016_11-13-44_AM_zpsknnxyial.jpg

Cafeteria

8-8-2016_2-52-52_PM_zpskpwuhq5l.jpg

8-8-2016_11-19-05_AM_zpsjflibk3d.jpg

8-8-2016_11-18-54_AM_zps3p6jqdvj.jpg

Clinic

8-8-2016_11-15-15_AM_zpslzfnct6m.jpg

8-8-2016_11-14-41_AM_zps08pvdhmt.jpg

Simple Female and Male Dorms

8-8-2016_11-17-52_AM_zpszusrkmrg.jpg

8-8-2016_11-18-07_AM_zpsvktokyta.jpg

This way to the Heart of Hydoponics on the 2nd Floor

8-8-2016_11-17-26_AM_zpsdbrqbweb.jpg

8-8-2016_11-17-11_AM_zpsxleq5rbd.jpg

8-8-2016_11-17-36_AM_zpsnnszsjtm.jpg

8-8-2016_11-17-01_AM_zpsb1ghys0w.jpg

8-8-2016_11-16-51_AM_zpscpakm2yh.jpg

8-8-2016_11-16-37_AM_zpsfmfdtfkx.jpg

8-8-2016_11-16-16_AM_zpsn29qrrxe.jpg

.....and the Overseer, also on the 2nd floor

8-8-2016_11-19-26_AM_zpsq1gotzqb.jpg

8-8-2016_11-19-17_AM_zpsye2lahhq.jpg

8-8-2016_1-43-42_PM2_zpsqmpreafl.jpg

8-8-2016_1-43-53_PM_zps1kxmyo3m.jpg

8-8-2016_1-43-23_PM_zpsjf47zuuu.jpg

8-8-2016_11-18-41_AM_zpswyekwpxt.jpg

8-8-2016_1-51-22_PM_zps2a5umahd.jpg

8-8-2016_1-43-33_PM_zpsbzzeuxec.jpg

• Like 3

@Synch nice build, man B)....

@shabbagaz i don't think it was suppose be as expansive as far harbor, but i get this sense of dark humor and creepy vibes... it certainly looks like they had a lot of fun building this, and tbh, if it lives up to the trailer, i might like it better than far harbor... and that's not from a gameplay story element, that's from the promise of a wild and fun ride thru a raider town full of traps and very distinct zones... plus, there's a working rollercoaster!! :D 

who's this magician guy at 1:22... the main protagonist perhaps??

122guy.jpg

• Like 2

Noticed some interesting changes with the latest update the other day!

(Besides a shit load of new mods, but that's separate from the Bethesda update)

Companions have new standing around type dialogue. Even more ridiculous than before!

Strong wouldn't shut up so I sent him to Spectacle Island, where he REALLY won't shut up now....and with new dialogue.

Cait, Piper, McCreary, and Nick all seem to have new lines. Haven't taken out Ada, Codsworth, or Deacon.
Dogmeat still only has 3 tricks AFAIK.

At the settlements, the General Trading stand (maxed) has a lot more "shipments" of components.

It used to be just concrete, after the last two DLC's. Now it's also Ceramic, Wood, Steel, Rubber...but no Glass, sorry Shabbz.

With that, the settlers that run the shops also have new dialogue. It's not much, but noticeable for me.

Also sadly, the maxed out Clinics in Far Harbor settlements are just selling chems, no health checks. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

When building trading stands, there are alternative bars now! More simple white counters (and shorter!) with glass case options, that don't take two concrete walls to cover. The old stands were taller than a one story built with wood , etc. and had to be outside mostly. Plus, they are joinable! Like in department stores. Connect them together. Awesome. Guess it's time to take advantage and get those ratty settlement looking merchant stands out of my Vault and replace with the new ones. The update change goes for every variant of trading stand, general, food, clothing, clinic, armor, etc etc...hells yeah, post apocalyptic sims just got real. :rolleyes:

There is also a bit more in each construction menu, as well as furniture.
I haven't checked Bethesda site or Wiki or anything, just noticed all the changes during game. Maybe there is more.

This update may have been for Nuka World support, but there hasn't been changes to the Raider build menus, as I can see.
Less than 10 days to The WORLD. New creatures, and weirdness. Let's hope it's worthy.

Yeah, noticed the increased number of shipments, which is all good in my book!  Not as desperate for glass now but happy to see increased shipments of copper and more vendors selling it.

Really could do with finishing my latest build this week but sadly have to cut back on my original plans due to the size of my build & stuff used (frame rate issues).

• Like 1

so next week is nuka world, marking the end for fallout 4... which means, once i finish that one a couple weeks later, i'll officially restart my delilah character from the beginning... i had already started her, but because of the DLC releases, and my time being spent in other places, she sort of became forgotten... same with my survival character... but i really do want to play the game evil (or as evil as the game will let me) so i can't wait to tackle that...

• Like 1

I've been playing through as my survival character, it's pretty fun if a bit frustrating at times (the Mechanist's lair was a total fuckfest for me, since there's only one bed in the entire building and that's 4/5ths of the way into the level, kept dying and reloading at the East Boston prep school nearby and had to sit through two loading screens to get back into the lair.)

Apart from that I know where most beds are out in the wastes now, there's a nice one to the east of the South Boston military checkpoint, up on the bridge there's a little camp with a few cats and a good view of the surrounding area.

I'm playing as a raider guy, Starlight is my raider camp and most other settlements i've just killed everyone living there. Hoping the Nuka World DLC adds more functionality to that (and hopefully the option to give your settlers raider names, but i'm not expecting that.)

• Like 1

Nah, I haven't done much with the contraptions workshop as a whole, since I realised how limited it was. They need to hurry up and add mods to the PS4.

• Like 1

Modding is great for XB1 no lag, etc. for me, but you may want a separate file as they negate trophies/achievements.

Unless of course you have all of those already B)  )

5 hours ago, bOnEs said:

^that... where's our fucking mods?!?! :angry:... at this rate, i'm not holding out hope for PS4 skyrim having mod support at the time of release...

I'm convinced they're doing it on purpose *cough* half way up Microsoft's ass *cough*.

• Like 1

There's one mod i've seen that adds a recycler and loads of other machines to the contraptions, actually makes it seem like a viable use of resources. Also I hope there's a mod that fixes the godawful vault lighting.

12 hours ago, ViceMan said:

There's one mod i've seen that adds a recycler and loads of other machines to the contraptions, actually makes it seem like a viable use of resources. Also I hope there's a mod that fixes the godawful vault lighting.

That's one of my bugbears as well.  I've had to add an obscene amount of lights as a result - also a pain if you've built a room twice the normal height (i.e placing a wall piece on top of another wall piece instead of another floor).

The strip lighting is a pain as they don't snap to each other so hard to line them up properly.